PDA

View Full Version : A Question for the Ladies (Not Sports Related)

zeus63
02-22-2007, 11:40 AM
The wife needs a new hair straightener and I want to surprise her and get her a really nice one. any recommendation? Please keep the explanations simple for me (as I am a man and have no need for such things)

kaorder1999
02-22-2007, 11:41 AM
a CHI......or any ceramic straightener!

kaorder1999
02-22-2007, 11:42 AM
had to answer even though im not a lady!

Blastoderm55
02-22-2007, 11:43 AM
The Chi. If you don't want to pay for a Chi, at least make sure its a ceramic straightener.

mustang04
02-22-2007, 11:44 AM
those things are so expensive.....whenever a girl told me how much her Chi was...i was like "ARE YOU EFFIN SERIOUS!!!!!!!"

Blastoderm55
Originally posted by kaorder1999

Same here. I hear the stuff mentioned all the time. :p

BuffyMars

He is right. Chi by Farouk. They are expensive, but if you want to make her happy and make her hair pretty...you will go with the CHI.

If you want to gamble and try and get one cheaper, you can always go the ebay route...but alot of those sold on ebay are DOA...I was fortunate enough that I found a good seller and got a good working one.

My hairdryer and straighterner were 199.99...which is actually cheap, considering I got a limited ed. pink set with a bag and goodies, lol.

Hey...I am still a chick! ;)

kaorder1999
02-22-2007, 11:45 AM
buffy.......are you impressed I got this one right?

CHS_CG
02-22-2007, 11:46 AM
CHI is the best way to go.. i have a conair one and i hate it.

BuffyMars
buffy.......are you impressed I got this one right?

Yes, most definitely! :D

zeus63
Originally posted by BuffyMars
He is right. Chi by Farouk. They are expensive, but if you want to make her happy and make her hair pretty...you will go with the CHI.

If you want to gamble and try and get one cheaper, you can always go the ebay route...but alot of those sold on ebay are DOA...I was fortunate enough that I found a good seller and got a good working one.

I'm not really concerned with the money. I just want to get her one that is going to get the job done and last a while.

pirate4state
02-22-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm so glad I don't need any of those crazy things for my hair. My hair is straight, straight, straight. It's so straight and fine that if I do curl it, it is flat within an hour. :(

BuffyMars
02-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm so glad I don't need any of those crazy things for my hair. My hair is straight, straight, straight. It's so straight and fine that if I do curl it, it is flat within an hour. :(

Im sorry...but danggit, there are times when I would kill for straight hair. My hair is HUGE if I don't use a flat iron!

It takes me a good 30 mins just do blow dry and straighten my hair...and my hair is just now getting to my shoulders ( I am trying to grow it out).

mustang59
02-22-2007, 11:57 AM
My daughter has beautiful naturally curly hair but likes to straighten it sometimes. After going through 4 flat irons that she didn't like I bought her a Chi and she loves it. If you know your wife's hair stylist call and ask her/him if they can get one for you at a good price. That's what I did.

Ranger Mom
02-22-2007, 11:58 AM

It is so weird...my hair has always been straight and for some reason, the past year...it has just started getting lots of body in it.

In fact, I washed it this morning and scrunched it...now everyone keeps asking me if I got a perm!!

pirate4state
02-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Im sorry...but danggit, there are times when I would kill for straight hair. My hair is HUGE if I don't use a flat iron!

It takes me a good 30 mins just do blow dry and straighten my hair...and my hair is just now getting to my shoulders ( I am trying to grow it out).

I know. Sometimes I wish I had curly hair or at least a little wave in there, but I got nothing. LOL!

I don't even use a hair dryer on my hair. It would take way to long to dry.

I need to cut my hair. Just a few more months and I can cut it and donate it to Locks of Love. :)

BuffyMars
02-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It is so weird...my hair has always been straight and for some reason, the past year...it has just started getting lots of body in it.

In fact, I washed it this morning and scrunched it...now everyone keeps asking me if I got a perm!!

I wish mine would hurry up and grow. :(

I dye my hair crazy ways every month...and its time to give it a break. I am about to go to a solid color and leave it alone until summer.

pirate4state
02-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I've always tried to scrunch it when I cut it short and use gel and I get nothing but yucky straight, hard hair. LMAO! :(

Blastoderm55
02-22-2007, 12:03 PM
I've always tried to scrunch it when I cut it short and use gel and I get nothing but yucky straight, hard hair. LMAO! :(

Shouldn't you use mousse instead of gel? :thinking:

zeus63
02-22-2007, 12:09 PM
I think my thread got hijacked.

Blastoderm55
02-22-2007, 12:11 PM
At least you got your answer first. :p

kaorder1999
02-22-2007, 12:11 PM
true...at least it was answered!!

AP Panther Fan
02-22-2007, 12:20 PM

My hairdryer and straighterner were 199.99...which is actually cheap, considering I got a limited ed. pink set with a bag and goodies, lol.

Hey...I am still a chick! ;)

Definitely a pink chi....

That was a good price for the dryer and straightener...

I paid $120.00 for the straightener only times 2 (2 girls that can't share anything), but I believe the dryer was the same price. The crazy thing was that I could ONLY find the pink ones at an HEB Super Store. Go figure.:)

pirate4state
02-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Shouldn't you use mousse instead of gel? :thinking: haha that's what i meant. :o

stangGirl2007
02-22-2007, 01:29 PM
I've always wanted a CHI. I have one of those cheap wet-to-dry ones from wal mart. I've always heard that the really exprensive ones don't really fry your hair too much.. I wonder if it's true?:thinking:

But if you are not wanting to get a CHI for her they have other really nice brands that are a little cheaper in price but really nice still.

BuffyMars
02-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by stangGirl2007
I've always wanted a CHI. I have one of those cheap wet-to-dry ones from wal mart. I've always heard that the really exprensive ones don't really fry your hair too much.. I wonder if it's true?:thinking:

But if you are not wanting to get a CHI for her they have other really nice brands that are a little cheaper in price but really nice still.

Its true...I used a cheap one forever, and I would never use one again after a CHI.

Oh...and its pink...lol.

stangGirl2007
02-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Its true...I used a cheap one forever, and I would never use one again after a CHI.

Oh...and its pink...lol.
:eek: :eek: That's the one I want!!
I might just have to tell my dad about that one!:inlove: My birthday is comming up here in a few month