PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Golf Clubs

Adidas410s
02-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Does anybody have one and/or know much about them? I've hit them a few times but don't really have much info. I'm thinking about putting one in the bag to replace my 3 iron so that I have something that I can hit consistently in the 210 to 230 yd range. Right now my bag jumps like this:

4 iron at 180-190
3 iron at 200 if I hit it well (always had trouble getting it up in the air)
3 wood at 240-250

The 50-60 yd gap between my 4 iron and 3 wood is a problem for me. Is a hybrid club something that I should look at?

44INAROW
02-22-2007, 11:22 AM
All my boys are avid golfers - but I don't know squat about golf clubs :D :D I am convinced that alarms and sirens go off when anyone from my home computer logs into GOLFSMITH.COM - I should have bought stock in golfsmith years ago :rolleyes:

CenTexSports
02-22-2007, 11:39 AM
The hybrid clubs are great. I play with a lot of single digit handicappers and almost all of them are hitting at least one hybrid. You will have to go hit several to find the head and shaft combination to get you the desired length. I have a fairly cheap Wilson 3 in my bag that I can hit from 185 to about 210. I have had a Callaway 1 hybrid but I sold it to a friend. They are good clubs.

GreenGobbla
02-22-2007, 01:39 PM
ya, look into a hybrid club. i have a taylormade hybrid that i got when i worked at oak hills in san antonio, and its amazing as to how much easier it is to hit as opposed to a 3 iron. i always thought they looked funny, but when i actually put it my bag, it made a huge difference on those long par 4's and 5's. they trully are great clubs.

mistanice
02-22-2007, 01:59 PM
http://www.pricebustergolf.co.uk/ishop/images/1035/BH_Hybrid3.jpg

I know a few who use these. Ive hit it a few times, and It's a wise choice to put one in the bag.

whtfbplaya
02-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Does anybody have one and/or know much about them? I've hit them a few times but don't really have much info. I'm thinking about putting one in the bag to replace my 3 iron so that I have something that I can hit consistently in the 210 to 230 yd range. Right now my bag jumps like this:

4 iron at 180-190
3 iron at 200 if I hit it well (always had trouble getting it up in the air)
3 wood at 240-250

The 50-60 yd gap between my 4 iron and 3 wood is a problem for me. Is a hybrid club something that I should look at?

Just ease back on the 3 wood. That's what I do on Tiger Woods.:hand: :D

Adidas410s
02-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
Just ease back on the 3 wood. That's what I do on Tiger Woods.:hand: :D
Speaking of TW07...I got into a season with my golfer now and it doesn't matter what changes I make to the sliders for wind/green speed/etc in the general menu...I still get brutal greens and no winds in the season because those were the settings when I started. Very frustrating and it makes some places a nightmare to put. Last night I shot 2 under @ the K Club while having 5 putts hit the high side of the hole and lip out! :mad: Still...I like it better than the old games because it's more realistic.

DaHop72
02-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Look into a Nickent hybrid in the loft you need, they are like butter.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

shankbear
02-22-2007, 04:04 PM
You said it DaHop. I have an 18 degree Nickent and when I was playing I could rip it. It goes high with a tiny draw. CHEAP to buy too. Mine is possibly for sale along with my spotless Callaway X-Tour irons. Bulging disks in my back.....................I will fish I guess.

injuredinmelee
02-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Get the Titleist hybrid.