PDA

View Full Version : Team-by-Team Football Playoff Summaries

WOS87
02-22-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm posting statewide playoff summaries on another site and thought I'd share the current 3A and 4A programs for those interested here...

The information listed in the following tables (click the links below to see them) is very basic, but hopefully informative. The numbers at the top are simply total number of playoff appearances and the all-time win-loss-tie record. The columns are listings of individual years, classification and subclassification (division 1 or 2), playoff advancement and the win-loss-tie total for each particular year. On-the-field records were used in calculating all win-loss totals listed.

The playoff advancements are color-coded, and the rules used in naming rounds of advancement are as follows:

Only teams that played in a state championship game are listed in blue with the actual winner listed in Bold
Teams that made the final 4 or 8 of their respective brackets are listed in Red and this includes the lower classification regional champs and regional finalists that did not have the opportunity to play for a state title.

From 1926 - 1971 the lowest one or two classifications did not play a complete playoff bracket to a state title. They either played just a bi-district game and up to 20 individual "Bidistrict Champs" were proclaimed or in some cases two playoff games were played and as many as 12 "Regional Champs" were proclaimed each year. These champions are listed in BOLD RED letters.
Teams that advanced at least past the first round but did not advance far enough to make the final 8 of their tournaments are listed in Green

REGION I-3A PLAYOFF SUMMARIES
(arranged alphabetically)

Abilene Wylie - Lamesa (ftp://members.aol.com/cboehme/playoffs/3a1-1.gif)
Levelland - Wichita Falls Hirschi (ftp://members.aol.com/cboehme/playoffs/3a1-2.gif)

REGION II-3A PLAYOFF SUMMARIES

Athens - Kaufman (ftp://members.aol.com/cboehme/playoffs/3a2-1.gif)
Kemp - Wills Point (ftp://members.aol.com/cboehme/playoffs/3a2-2.gif)

REGION III-3A PLAYOFF SUMMARIES

Bellville - Jasper (ftp://members.aol.com/cboehme/playoffs/3a3-1.gif)
Kirbyville - Wharton (ftp://members.aol.com/cboehme/playoffs/3a3-2.gif)

REGION IV-3A PLAYOFF SUMMARIES

Aransas Pass - Pleasanton (ftp://members.aol.com/cboehme/playoffs/3a4-1.gif)
Port Isabel - Zapata (ftp://members.aol.com/cboehme/playoffs/3a4-2.gif)

REGION I-4A PLAYOFF SUMMARIES

Aledo - Fort Worth Eastern Hills (ftp://members.aol.com/cboehme/playoffs/4a1-1.gif)
Fort Worth North Side - Wolfforth Frenship (ftp://members.aol.com/cboehme/playoffs/4a1-2.gif)

REGION II-4A PLAYOFF SUMMARIES

Arlington Seguin - Highland Park (ftp://members.aol.com/cboehme/playoffs/4a2-1.gif)
Jacksonville - Whitehouse (ftp://members.aol.com/cboehme/playoffs/4a2-2.gif)

REGION III-4A PLAYOFF SUMMARIES

Angleton - Houston Jones (ftp://members.aol.com/cboehme/playoffs/4a3-1.gif)
Houston Kashmere - Willis (ftp://members.aol.com/cboehme/playoffs/4a3-2.gif)

REGION IV-4A PLAYOFF SUMMARIES

Alice - New Braunfels Canyon (ftp://members.aol.com/cboehme/playoffs/4a4-1.gif)
Pflugerville Connally - Weslaco East (ftp://members.aol.com/cboehme/playoffs/4a4-2.gif)

WOS87
02-24-2007, 02:02 AM
Region III up and Region IV coming very soon...

wos fan1
02-24-2007, 02:09 AM
Once again great work.

WOS87
02-24-2007, 06:18 AM
Every current 3A team should be listed in the above 8 links... let me know of any mistakes or omissions and I will correct them.

pirate4state
02-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Once again great work.

+1 :clap: :clap:

footballgal
02-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
+1 :clap: :clap:
+2

WOS87
02-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Similar records for every current 5A program are up as well at the link below:

Historical 5A Playoff Stats and Team-by-Team Summaries (http://texashsfootball.com/board/index.php?showtopic=30526#)

4A is in the works....

44INAROW
02-28-2007, 09:25 PM
amazing WOS87 - thanks again for your continued hard work....

WOS87
03-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Regions I and II in 4A are now posted above with Regions III and IV up later today.