PDA

View Full Version : Let's have an All-State Posting Team

pakrat
12-22-2002, 09:32 PM
We could have a team of contributors that would represent for starters the following:
Funniest Post
Saddest Post
Most Witty Post
Most Newsworthy
Most Shocking
Most Informative
Most Controversial
I'm sure others can think of a few more categories. Nice to have 11 categories. As of today my vote goes to Ranger Mom for Funniest Post and Aggie Mom for most controversial (What you didn't see on the Jasper/Burnet webcast), and, for saddest, the first post I read that told me the Everman player might be a quadraplegic.
I'm pretty new on this board so haven't read many posts. How about it?

sinton66
12-22-2002, 10:05 PM
Sounds good to me! Ranger Mom for funniest, PPHSfan for wittiest. The others I'll have to think about. wink Slpybear deserves recognition for his contributions on the basket weaving thread. Most IMAGINATIVE!

<small>[ December 22, 2002, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

eye of the tiger
12-22-2002, 10:32 PM
How about Sinton66 for MVP--Most Valuable Poster. Only poster to rush for over 2000 posts. And never fumbled.
Old Card for MOST CONSISTANT PLAYER in his quest against the Region II bias. It must have worked because there were no Region II state champs in 3A this year.
Best Team Participation to Sinton. Bunch of Sinton fans on this board.

It has been a great year folks.

District303aPastPlayer
12-23-2002, 12:39 AM
WOOHOO!!! Sinton!!!! WOOHOO!!!

eye of the tiger
12-23-2002, 11:15 AM
RangerMom for best story while coming home from a state championship game.

Billy Boy
12-23-2002, 11:55 AM
How about The Most BS POSTS my vote is for Old Card. eek!

slpybear the bullfan
12-23-2002, 11:56 AM
Okay, here are my picks....

Poster of the Year - Sinton66. If you have to ask why then you haven't been on the board long enough.

MVPoster - PPHSfan. This guys is the be all to end all when it comes to neat postings. He can put anything on his posts. Just watch out or you might wind up spinning like a certain slpybear! wink

Best Team Posting - Sinton or Burnet. Yup, if you were here all year then you saw a ton of support for these guys.

Poster Who Keeps things Lively - Keith7 or The One. These guys jumped in or started a bunch of different subjects and keep things lively.

Poster You would most like to have as a friend - Tie between Ranger Mom and Eye of the Tiger. These two folks are some of the nicest, honest, and friendliest posters I have never met. If you have read their work then you know they are good people.

Poster Who Does Their Best to Explain the D/FW Conspiracy - Old Cardinal. wink Seriously, the guys has some of the best Football posts on the board.

Poster with Most Talent for Translating the "TRUE" Meaning of Posters - SintonFan. This guy has had me hurting from laughing so hard.

Poster with worst reaction to Good Intentions - The Administrators. The guys offered a special thank you to folks who were able to help out and everyone started freaking out.

Best NonFootball Thread Started - Jason. The Underwater Basket Weaving thread was something I really enjoyed and had some fun with. Speaking of that... Maybe I should ask for the UWBW Top 20? Hmmm...

Most Unwanted Poster - EaglesRules. I don't even know where (s)he really was from, but I hope they stay there.

There are many, many more that I could think of and mention if I sat here longer. You guys have been a great group online and I have really enjoyed the posts. I look forward to offseason and talking with you.

Merry Christmas!

PPHSfan
12-23-2002, 01:32 PM
I am busy compiling all of my votes, and I will posting them soon. However, in the mean time, I have no idea what slpybear is talking about :D :D :D

http://images.andale.com/f2/130/113/8147393/1040668796827_slpydevil1.gif

<small>[ December 23, 2002, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

SintonFan
12-23-2002, 02:35 PM
Aww shucks, slpy! You gonna make me blush. http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/innocent.gif

I'll post mine tonight. There's too many good people here to not be recognized.
For instance, I found a nice facsimile of Igglesrules: http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/butthead.gif

jason
12-23-2002, 03:17 PM
What category would you put the people whose teams lost early and suddenly disappeared from the DL ???? HAHA

sinton66
12-23-2002, 04:26 PM
PPHSfan deserves an award or a swift kick or a lollipop or something, that's for sure. :D :D :D By the way, (PPHSfan)buddy, where were you Saturday? Tried to call several times, looked for you at Waco too. :p

<small>[ December 23, 2002, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

PPHSfan
12-24-2002, 01:03 AM
OK, after a lot of thought, I have finaly decided on my eleven.

1. Poster of the year. Sinton66

2. Poster with the most class. eye of the tiger

3. Poster most likely to be voted team mom of the year. RangerMom

4. Poster with the greatest imagination. slpybear the bullfan
http://images.andale.com/f2/130/113/8147393/1040668796827_slpydevil1.gif
5. Poster most likely to steal your car. crzyjournalist03

6. Poster most likely to steal your girlfriend. SintonFan

7. Poster most likely to need therapy. Keith7

8. Poster most likely to spraypaint his bluejeans gold, and run naked through the streets of wilmer hutchins. Jimbotex40

9. Poster most likely to still be here in April thinking of silly things to say. PPHSfan

10. Poster most likely to lose money on football bets. Jacket2000

11. Poster most likely to complain about the pre-season poll in 2003. Old Cardinal

<small>[ December 24, 2002, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

SintonFan
12-24-2002, 01:19 AM
For funniest: I vote PPHSfan, RangerMom(on the return trip for sure)

For being most serious: Old Cardinal

For MVP: sinton66

For integrity: EOTT and RM

For BS: Igglesrules

For most faithful: Slpy, Chris Hart, sinton66, 75, and spaniard(I might have missed a few here).

Most creative: OldCardinal and PPHSfan

Most popular: Mathew328(read: also most level-headed)

Most disliked by the valley: Hehe, Jacket(let me take that back, he's a good guy!)

Most ostricized outside (of) newbies: PPHSfan....
M O O N spells Moon... :D

Most post worthy of reading: sinton66

Post worthy of a laugh(in response): PPHSfan

Best consistent decal: Slpy

Best good night: ni yall!!!!! :D :D :D

sinton66
12-24-2002, 01:34 AM
Best NIMROD swatter: SintonFan
Best comeback ever: J2K for his reply to the Carthage guy.(Just hangin' around waiting for baseball season)
Worst poster of the year: "Sybil" and his multiple malevolent personalities.

PPHSfan
12-24-2002, 01:35 AM
ostracized :D hehe

SintonFan
12-24-2002, 01:57 AM
PPHSfan:
ostracized :D heheOstracized? Me? Never........
Grrrrrr..........
:D
I can do that myself...
:rolleyes:

sinton66
12-24-2002, 02:09 AM
Best SPELL CHECKER : PPHSfan :D :D :D
Eh, SintonFan? wink (Heh heh, he got me too!)

<small>[ December 24, 2002, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Rabbit'93
12-24-2002, 10:37 AM
You know...I tried to come up with something clever here but couldn't. This has been a great year with you guys & gals. This is a wonderful site and I have truly enjoyed interacting with all of you. All of the Sinton Fans are great, EyeoftheTiger is a class act, slpybear is very a clever poster, PPHSFan you're a nut and one of my favorites, my fellow Forney posters (I think I'm the only one over 25) especially Jimbo, have come a long way from when they first got here, and many others make this a great site without all of the other stuff you see on other boards. That says tons about the members and the moderators. Merry Christmas to all my friends(that means everyone, even Keith7 :D ) here @3ADL. Be safe and God Bless.

Ranger Mom
12-24-2002, 02:35 PM
Thanks for all the nice posts. Unfortunately, I am not normally a "funny" person, but my experience was just "too" ridiculous not to share.
Also, to slpybear, thanks especially for your "VOTE", I have to admit it brought a tear to my eye!! I must be getting sentimental in my old age!!
Merry Christmas to all of the friends I have met so far - y'all made this football season SO MUCH FUN!!!

ThaRealBulldog
12-24-2002, 05:23 PM
I can't believe I didn't get an award at the begining of the season I got kicked off along with some of my friends acouple times lol.

spaniard
12-24-2002, 11:47 PM
ill definitely agree with all of sinton66s awards, he deserves them all. and pphsfan definitley gets the biggest smart alec award, hehe. noone else on here has given such smart and witty comebacks and topic starters as those he has given us so far. yall have a great christmas, hopefully i wont get a lump of coal from the downlow santa eek!

slpybear the bullfan
12-25-2002, 01:14 AM
Ranger Mom:
Also, to slpybear, thanks especially for your "VOTE", I have to admit it brought a tear to my eye!! I must be getting sentimental in my old age!!
Merry Christmas to all of the friends I have met so far - y'all made this football season SO MUCH FUN!!!Ranger Mom, you deserved the vote. Definitely...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Football Season...

SintonFan
12-26-2002, 02:25 AM
Let me add...

Poster most likely to demean someone: Jimbotex40

Poster most likely to swear 'out loud' again: Burnet-05

<small>[ December 26, 2002, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>