PDA

View Full Version : The Only Football Left!!!

Bellville22
01-17-2003, 12:58 PM
Ok, I can't stand it anymore. I've got accustomed to throwing out my worthless predictions each week(only got it right once (Bellville/Liberty)), and I can't stand not being able to do that anymore with HS Football taking a break for a few months. So I'll satisfy my urge by throwing out my picks for this weekend's NFL battles. Plus a bonus pick. Feel free to join me.

I'll take....

Oakland 31, Tennessee 21, I'm a big Raider fan, but also respect the Titans a great deal. I think Steve McNair is The Warrior of the NFL. Also love the way they play as a team. But I think the nicks and bruises finally catch up with them this week, as they play a team which I don't think they can match up w/ for 4 quarters. Pure determination keeps it close til the end.

In the NFL's newest big rivalry, I got...

Tampa 21, Philly 16, One of those TDs is a defensive score for the Bucs. Finally have enough offense (by no means great) to put just enough points on the board. Philly and McNabb frustrated by a swarming D only able to get in the end zone once. This should be a classic between the two best coaches in the NFL. (I can hear the Jeff Fisher comments coming already)

Bonus Pick....

I hate the Lakers, but Shap gets the best of Yao. But does this guy have a future or what?

cunbed10
01-17-2003, 01:33 PM
Your pick on Da Raiders is probably correct, but the Eagles have their last game at the Vet, so much emotion will be displayed that the score will be Eagles 10 Tampa 9 in one of the greatest NFC championship since The Catch by Dwight Clark. I was born and raised in Houston so naturally I'm a Rocket's fan since Calvin Murphy but, unfortunately the two best players in the League win this one (Mike Jordan is the best player ever).

rholl
01-17-2003, 01:49 PM
I just can't see Tennesse winning....I saw Dallas beat Tennesse and can't picture them in the Super Bowl.....other game I think I'm going with Philly

Keith7
01-17-2003, 04:16 PM
Yao Ming is overrated.. Shawn Bradley had better numbers as a rookie then this guy..

Bellville22
01-17-2003, 04:18 PM
cunbed10: I like that 10-9 pick. That's good ol' fashioned, smash mouth, rivalry football right there. You're right on about the emotion thing. But I think Gruden and Sapp can match the emotion/intensity.