PDA

View Full Version : Britney Spears enters rehab

kaorder1999
02-21-2007, 09:40 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/02-07/0220spears.jpg

Britney Spears enters rehab

07:07 PM CST on Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Associated Press

NEW YORK – Britney Spears has been ridiculed for everything from her 55-hour first marriage to backup-dancer second husband and her recent pantyless partying escapades. Now that she's entered rehab, though, the joke is over.

This is a new frontier – even for Spears, whose well-documented gaffes and personal traumas have played out in excruciatingly public fashion, including photos published of Spears driving with her son Sean Preston on her lap and another time almost dropping him.

Spears' manager, Larry Rudolph, told People magazine's Web site that Spears had voluntarily checked herself into an undisclosed treatment facility.

"We ask that the media respect her privacy as well as those of her family and friends at this time," Rudolph was quoted as saying. He didn't disclose what substance she was trying to leave behind.

The 25-year-old pop star has been seen wearing skimpy outfits and partying heavily since filing for divorce from Kevin Federline in November, after two years of marriage.

On Friday night, Spears, the mother of two young sons, shaved her head bald. But that didn't send her into hiding, as she was later seen wearing a cheap blond wig.

"You know, for these celebrities, it's really tough," New York-based psychiatrist Gail Saltz told The Associated Press. "They have no idea if anybody likes them for them. ... Everybody wants a piece. Everybody wants to make something off of her, get somewhere by her."

Spears' very public divorce isn't helping matters, said Saltz, who also suggested that Spears could be suffering from postpartum depression.

Federline's attorney had earlier confirmed that Spears and Federline would continue to share custody of 5-month-old Jayden James and 1-year-old Sean Preston this month, following terms of a January custody agreement.

"I'm a good father," Federline has said. "I love my kids and I'll always be here for (them)."

The Web site TMZ.com said Spears had entered an inpatient facility in Los Angeles after family members pressed her to check in.

The AP was attempting to reach Rudolph and other representatives for Spears.

Entertainment TV shows and Web sites reported Friday that Spears had gone in and out of rehab that week.

"I think that she's finally listening to the people that are closest to her, and I think that she's probably going to stay in rehab for as long as it takes," Ruben Garay, who runs ThatOtherBlog, told the AP.

"You understand that this whole thing with shaving her head was kind of like the last straw, and that was really what led everyone (who) was already concerned about her (to) become, like, really concerned about her," said Garay, who recently closed his Spears' fan Web site, worldofbritney.com.

Spears' situation with Federline could make her even more vulnerable if the 28-year-old aspiring rapper decides to wage a custody battle over their children now that she's in rehab.

"She is a child star unraveling and is the perfect example of when a child star evolves into an adult and doesn't have someone telling them what to do, or giving them the right affirmative advice, and the right support," said Ian Drew, editor at large at Us Weekly magazine. "She basically started out very young in a competitive business."

Her public split with Federline isn't helping matters, Saltz told the AP. She suggested that Spears' seemingly impulsive decision to shave her head was "a blatantly self-destructive, you know, desperate kind of act."

Spears grabbed an electric shaver at a San Fernando Valley salon and shaved her head bald Friday night. Video on KABC-TV showed a newly shorn Spears with tiny tattoos on the back of her neck as she sat for a new tattoo – a pair of red-and-pink lips on her wrist.

Esther's Haircutting Studio, where Spears shaved her head, set up a Web site to auction off her hair and other items for a minimum price of $1 million, said J.T. Tognozzi, who owns the salon with his wife.

"This is it, the opportunity of a lifetime," according to BuyBritneysHair.com. The winning bidder gets Spears' dark, knotty hair extensions, the clipper she used to cut them off, the Red Bull she drank at the salon and her cigarette lighter.

"This girl is out of control," Joy Behar, a co-host on ABC's The View, said Monday. "And, she's in a lot of trouble. A lot of people feel this is self-mutilation."

Craig Ferguson, host of CBS' The Late Late Show, said that after seeing photos of Spears' shaved head, he reconsidered making jokes at the expense of the "vulnerable."

"For me, comedy should have a certain amount of joy in it," he told viewers Monday. "It should be about attacking the powerful – the politicians, the Trumps, the blowhards – going after them. We shouldn't be attacking the vulnerable."

44INAROW
02-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/02-07/0220spears.jpg
also suggested that Spears could be suffering from postpartum depression.

It was only a matter of time for this excuse to come out............

kaorder1999
02-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
It was only a matter of time for this excuse to come out............

yep!

Maroon87
02-21-2007, 09:48 AM
More like "post-partying" depression...:rolleyes:

kaorder1999
02-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87

haha...:clap:

44INAROW
02-21-2007, 09:52 AM

ok - nominations as the most clever post of the week...:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bullaholic
02-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Tired of hearing about her and her troubles, but I sure don't want to see another Anna Nicole Smith type tragedy. I hope she "dries out" and some responsible authority figure in her life will serve as an advisor and mentor. This type of thing is not funny anymore.

44INAROW
02-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Tired of hearing about her and her troubles, but I sure don't want to see another Anna Nicole Smith type tragedy. I hope she "dries out" and some responsible authority figure in her life will serve as an advisor and mentor. This type of thing is not funny anymore.

I second that... scary thing is K-Fed is looking like the more responsible parent at this point..... :eek:

pirate4state
02-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Oh please GMAB!! :rolleyes: "respect her privacy" ???? This statement always amazes me. Whether we like it or not this person is in the public eye. She CHOSE that profession and now her "people" make a statement telling the world that she is in rehab, but that "we" should respect her privacy.

Guess what? I don't give a crap! I could have gone the whole day w/o knowing she had entered rehab yet her "people" felt it was necessay to share that "sound bite" with the world. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Go fly a kite!!! :mad: :mad:

Bullaholic
02-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Oh please GMAB!! :rolleyes: "respect her privacy" ???? This statement always amazes me. Whether we like it or not this person is in the public eye. She CHOSE that profession and now her "people" make a statement telling the world that she is in rehab, but that "we" should respect her privacy.

Guess what? I don't give a crap! I could have gone the whole day w/o knowing she had entered rehab yet her "people" felt it was necessay to share that "sound bite" with the world. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Go fly a kite!!! :mad: :mad:

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

pirate4state
02-21-2007, 10:15 AM

I'm not in a compassionate mood today.

Bullaholic
02-21-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm not in a compassionate mood today.

So I gathered......:D

C'mon folks---it's aggravate P4S day---everybody hit her with your best shot.

Maroon87
02-21-2007, 10:20 AM
I told someone a few years ago that she'd be doing Playboy by age 30. She's right on schedule.;)

kaorder1999
02-21-2007, 10:21 AM
I told someone a few years ago that she'd be doing Playboy by age 30. She's right on schedule.;)

you might be right!

Curly
02-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Wow her head aint made to be shaved
looks like that weird cousin that nobody wants to talk about at the family reunion that always shows up with the crappy potato salad..........

Phil C
02-21-2007, 10:54 AM
I should have known there was a catch to it. She got caught up in the glamour and got away from her good moral upbringing. I am sure this is a step back in the right direction. Get well soon Brit. :(

theyoefnshow
02-21-2007, 11:49 AM

No compassion? Yes, for those who truly need, but none for those who don’t. Yes, for those who truly can’t, but none for those who won’t. Yes, for those who tragically perished or truly suffer, but none for feel-sorry-for-me crybabies who whine and scream victimization. Yes, yes -- for children who can’t make their own way, but none for adults and parents who refuse to.

This woman has been givin every opportunity in the world but she was too ignorant to know what to do with it and has since squandered it away. Knowing there is one less Hollywood skank around (Britney, Lindsay, Hiltons, etc) for little girls (mine included) to "look up to" gives a little more hope for our future.

Compassion. Please. Anna Nicole Smith, 10 possible fathers for a little bastard child who these so called "DADS" only want contact with because of the possible money involved. Now is it me or is it truly disgusting to know that in a 1 month or so time period, this woman was w/ 10 + different men? Oh....but let's respect and feel bad for her and her so called legacy that she left behind. No. Sorry, I can't see it. So I guess I'm all out of compassion as well.

Phil C
02-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
No compassion? Yes, for those who truly need, but none for those who don’t. Yes, for those who truly can’t, but none for those who won’t. Yes, for those who tragically perished or truly suffer, but none for feel-sorry-for-me crybabies who whine and scream victimization. Yes, yes -- for children who can’t make their own way, but none for adults and parents who refuse to.

This woman has been givin every opportunity in the world but she was too ignorant to know what to do with it and has since squandered it away. Knowing there is one less Hollywood skank around (Britney, Lindsay, Hiltons, etc) for little girls (mine included) to "look up to" gives a little more hope for our future.

Compassion. Please. Anna Nicole Smith, 10 possible fathers for a little bastard child who these so called "DADS" only want contact with because of the possible money involved. Now is it me or is it truly disgusting to know that in a 1 month or so time period, this woman was w/ 10 + different men? Oh....but let's respect and feel bad for her and her so called legacy that she left behind. No. Sorry, I can't see it. So I guess I'm all out of compassion as well.

She just make some bad choices.

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

:mad:

theyoefnshow
02-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
She just make some bad choices.

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

:mad:

No my friend, Saddam Hussein made bad choices. Hitler made some bad choices. To a lesser degree, the producers of Jersey Girl & Gigli made bad choices. Britney has known from day one what she has been doing and has done so with no regard. She gets ZERO sympathy from me and I hope she loses those kids. Sorry but as a parent, I never dropped my kids or had them assist me at the wheel. That's stupid and irresponsible. I got anything saying that this rehab is a failure (if she hasn't checked out already like she did LAST WEEK) and we'll here about her further stupid escapades sooner than later. Bank on it.

Bandera YaYa
02-21-2007, 12:00 PM
for a little bastard child .. ..let's not take it out on the child by calling the child names, this child is an innocent victim and who knows what adults will end up screwing up her life in the end!!!..... :(

Bullaholic
02-21-2007, 12:01 PM

YFS.....I made that post aimed at P4S half-heartedly in jest to beat Phil C to it, but I will stand by the serious part of my post.

Say what you will about her and others like her, but she is a human being just like you and I, and deserving of our concern.
Believe me, I am no "bleeding heart", but there comes a time when we should all be more caring of each other. I think that time has come for Britney Spears.

theyoefnshow
02-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
..let's not take it out on the child by calling the child names, this child is an innocent victim and who knows what adults will end up screwing up her life in the end!!!..... :(

odd, I didn't realize that a factual statement is a personal attack or name calling. Unless that kid belongs to Stern isn't that the word?

EricDraven
02-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Bizarre.

Maroon87
02-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Stop me if you've heard this before...

Spears leaves rehab after less than a day
POSTED: 1:37 p.m. EST, February 21, 2007

MALIBU, California (AP) -- Britney Spears left a live-in rehabilitation facility early Wednesday, less than a day after checking in, according to several reports.

It was the second time in a week that Spears entered a rehab facility and checked out before her first day was finished.

The television news magazine "The Insider" initially reported that Spears called a car service, walked out of the Promises Malibu Treatment Center and left the facility early Wednesday morning. (Watch signs that Spears was in need of help )

Later, the TV show "Extra" and the celebrity Web site TMZ.com said the 25-year-old pop star had left the center far short of the usual 45-day stay. TMZ said she couldn't handle rehab and went home.

Entertainment TV shows and Web sites reported Friday that Spears had gone in and out of rehab that week. Some reports identified the facility as Eric Clapton's Crossroads center in Antigua, in the Caribbean, but the AP wasn't able to confirm those reports.

Eddie Michaels, a spokesman for the public relations agency that handles Promises, said he had no comment. He would not confirm that Spears had been there or that she had left.

There was no response to an e-mail sent Wednesday to Spears' manager, Larry Rudolph. On Tuesday, Rudolph said Spears had voluntarily checked herself into an undisclosed treatment facility.

"We ask that the media respect her privacy as well as those of her family and friends at this time," Rudolph was quoted as saying. He didn't disclose why she entered rehab.

Spears had a meltdown weekend that included shaving her head, tattooing her wrist and clubbing with friends. On Friday night, she sheared off her hair at a salon. Spears was later seen wearing an inexpensive blond wig.

Since filing for divorce from Kevin Federline in November, Spears has been photographed pantyless, wearing skimpy outfits and partying heavily.

Federline's attorney earlier confirmed that Spears and Federline would continue to share custody of 5-month-old Jayden James and 17-month-old Sean Preston this month, following terms of a January custody agreement.

Federline manager Dan Dymtrow said there would be no comment on the latest Spears' departure.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

theyoefnshow
02-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Stop me if yuo've heard this before...

MALIBU, California (AP) -- Britney Spears left a live-in rehabilitation facility early Wednesday, less than a day after checking in, according to several reports.

It was the second time in a week that Spears entered a rehab facility and checked out before her first day was finished.

The television news magazine "The Insider" initially reported that Spears called a car service, walked out of the Promises Malibu Treatment Center and left the facility early Wednesday morning. (Watch signs that Spears was in need of help )

Later, the TV show "Extra" and the celebrity Web site TMZ.com said the 25-year-old pop star had left the center far short of the usual 45-day stay. TMZ said she couldn't handle rehab and went home.

Entertainment TV shows and Web sites reported Friday that Spears had gone in and out of rehab that week. Some reports identified the facility as Eric Clapton's Crossroads center in Antigua, in the Caribbean, but the AP wasn't able to confirm those reports.

Eddie Michaels, a spokesman for the public relations agency that handles Promises, said he had no comment. He would not confirm that Spears had been there or that she had left.

There was no response to an e-mail sent Wednesday to Spears' manager, Larry Rudolph. On Tuesday, Rudolph said Spears had voluntarily checked herself into an undisclosed treatment facility.

"We ask that the media respect her privacy as well as those of her family and friends at this time," Rudolph was quoted as saying. He didn't disclose why she entered rehab.

Spears had a meltdown weekend that included shaving her head, tattooing her wrist and clubbing with friends. On Friday night, she sheared off her hair at a salon. Spears was later seen wearing an inexpensive blond wig.

Since filing for divorce from Kevin Federline in November, Spears has been photographed pantyless, wearing skimpy outfits and partying heavily.

Federline's attorney earlier confirmed that Spears and Federline would continue to share custody of 5-month-old Jayden James and 17-month-old Sean Preston this month, following terms of a January custody agreement.

Federline manager Dan Dymtrow said there would be no comment on the latest Spears' departure.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Damn I love being right.

pirate4state
02-21-2007, 02:05 PM

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/yap2.gif http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/yap2.gif http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/yap2.gif http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/yap2.gif

If her so called "family & friends" are that concerned about her then they need to stage an intervention and oh I know, air it on A&E!! But we should respect her privacy. :rolleyes:

Snyder_TigerFan
02-21-2007, 02:22 PM
So what is she gonna shave this time?:thinking:

BuffyMars
02-21-2007, 02:26 PM
I have to agree...she looks like a conehead...and as for her losing her mind....she did that a LONG time ago.

And as for privacy...whoever said it 1st on the thread here (p4 if I remember correctly)...this girl knew from day one what it would be like stepping into stardom.

I can't help but not feel sorry for people who choose to live their lives in the public eye. They want to be on TV when they do a good deed, they want the world to know they are helping children in 3rd world countires...but DANGGIT, don't follow me to rehab!

Yes, she is human, she has the right to make mistakes...but if you don't want the world to know your business...choose a different profession.

:hand:

theyoefnshow
02-21-2007, 02:28 PM
according to other pics all she has left are eyebrows.

Maroon87
02-21-2007, 02:30 PM

ALL she has left?:devil: :devil:

pirate4state
02-21-2007, 02:32 PM

LMAO! Lordy, lordy......

theyoefnshow
02-21-2007, 02:35 PM
shall I post a link? lol

44INAROW
02-21-2007, 02:37 PM
LMAO! Lordy, lordy......
OMG I have a visual now.............. :D :D :D

Phil C
02-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
..let's not take it out on the child by calling the child names, this child is an innocent victim and who knows what adults will end up screwing up her life in the end!!!..... :(

AMEN!! :clap:

Phil C
02-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Stop me if you've heard this before...

OMG!!

OMG!!

:eek: :(

Cameron Crazy
02-21-2007, 03:02 PM
wow what a freak!

pirate4state
02-21-2007, 03:04 PM
shall I post a link? lol please don't