PDA

View Full Version : Gobblers' Noack headed to Mary Hardin-Baylor

Gobbler Fan
02-21-2007, 06:12 AM
February 21, 2007 - Posted at 12:00 a.m.
BY MIKE FORMAN - ADVOCATE SPORTS WRITER

Kyle Noack admits he was a little uneasy when he wasn't able to join three of his Cuero teammates who were making their commitments official on national signing day.

But Noack's patience paid off and the senior announced Tuesday that he will be playing football at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor in the fall.

"I was kind of concerned," Noack said. "But it was just a matter of finding a place to fit in."

Noack considered walking on at Texas State, where he was offered an academic scholarship, but changed his mind after visiting Mary Hardin-Baylor in Belton last weekend.

"I liked the facilities, the players and the coaches," Noack said. "They were all real nice. It just seemed like the kind of place I could see myself fitting in."

The 6-foot, 185-pound Noack started at quarterback the last two seasons and led Cuero to a 26-2 record. He completed 181 of 260 passes for 2,697 yards with seven interceptions and broke his own school record with 36 touchdown passes last season when the Gobblers went 12-1 and advanced to the Class 3A, Division II regional playoffs.

Noack was selected as the Most Valuable Player on the Advocate's all-area team.

Noack was recruited to Mary Hardin-Baylor as an athlete but is likely to get a chance to play quarterback.
"I just want to play," said Noack, who is currently participating in baseball and track at Cuero. "I wanted to go to a place where I could get on the field as quickly as possible."

Cuero coach Mark Reeve has no doubt Noack will have an opportunity to play at Mary Hardin-Baylor.

"The main thing for Kyle was to find a place where he would fit in," Reeve said. "I'd like to see him play quarterback because he's a good one and when you're good, I don't think your height makes that much difference."

Congratulation's :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-21-2007, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
February 21, 2007 - Posted at 12:00 a.m.
BY MIKE FORMAN - ADVOCATE SPORTS WRITER

Kyle Noack admits he was a little uneasy when he wasn't able to join three of his Cuero teammates who were making their commitments official on national signing day.

But Noack's patience paid off and the senior announced Tuesday that he will be playing football at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor in the fall.

"I was kind of concerned," Noack said. "But it was just a matter of finding a place to fit in."

Noack considered walking on at Texas State, where he was offered an academic scholarship, but changed his mind after visiting Mary Hardin-Baylor in Belton last weekend.

"I liked the facilities, the players and the coaches," Noack said. "They were all real nice. It just seemed like the kind of place I could see myself fitting in."

The 6-foot, 185-pound Noack started at quarterback the last two seasons and led Cuero to a 26-2 record. He completed 181 of 260 passes for 2,697 yards with seven interceptions and broke his own school record with 36 touchdown passes last season when the Gobblers went 12-1 and advanced to the Class 3A, Division II regional playoffs.

Noack was selected as the Most Valuable Player on the Advocate's all-area team.

Noack was recruited to Mary Hardin-Baylor as an athlete but is likely to get a chance to play quarterback.
"I just want to play," said Noack, who is currently participating in baseball and track at Cuero. "I wanted to go to a place where I could get on the field as quickly as possible."

Cuero coach Mark Reeve has no doubt Noack will have an opportunity to play at Mary Hardin-Baylor.

"The main thing for Kyle was to find a place where he would fit in," Reeve said. "I'd like to see him play quarterback because he's a good one and when you're good, I don't think your height makes that much difference."

Congratulation's :clap:

I'm glad he's going to get to keep playing, but he deserved a lot more credit and notice than anyone gave him. Forget G.J. Kinne and Randy Kitchens, Kyle was a hell of an athlete and a hard-worker. His TD to INT ratio for the past two seasons was incredible and people really didn't give him a chance because he's only 6' tall. Congrats Kyle, just hope you aren't settling for less than you deserve.

44INAROW
02-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I'm glad he's going to get to keep playing, but he deserved a lot more credit and notice than anyone gave him. Forget G.J. Kinne and Randy Kitchens, Kyle was a hell of an athlete and a hard-worker. His TD to INT ratio for the past two seasons was incredible and people really didn't give him a chance because he's only 6' tall. Congrats Kyle, just hope you aren't settling for less than you deserve.

Have no fear Gary - I am a firm believer in "all good things come to those who wait" He'll be just fine :) Congrats to you Kyle and I can't wait to see you play at the next level :clap: :clap:

CHS_CG
02-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Congrats Kyle. I hope you found your school. I have faith that no matter where Kyle would have picked he would have fit in. MHB seems like a good school and I hope you are very happy there. Good luck and again congrats!

injuredinmelee
02-21-2007, 08:46 AM
they giving him an academic scholarship too? Its not a cheap school to attend. They do not have athletic scholies but they help out in other forms.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Have no fear Gary - I am a firm believer in "all good things come to those who wait" He'll be just fine :) Congrats to you Kyle and I can't wait to see you play at the next level :clap: :clap:

Yeah, I know, I'm just disappointed for him is all. It's always tough to watch when a friend and a guy who gives it all he has doesn't get what he deserves, and it wasn't just that he worked hard, it was the fact that he was a damn good football player and nobody was willing to take a chance on him.

BTEXDAD
02-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
they giving him an academic scholarship too? Its not a cheap school to attend. They do not have athletic scholies but they help out in other forms.

I'd encourage other kids to look into the Texas D-III schoools if they want to play sports for a few more years after high school, but don't have any good offers from D-I or D-II.
They can come up with some pretty good financial packages if you're good student with good SAT or ACT scores. Also a lot of curriculum based scholarships that can be applied for by upper classmen.
Academics stressed but some good athletes there also. As most know, UMHB one of the best D-III football programs in country.

HM33
02-21-2007, 11:04 AM
We will welcome him in to the college football scene next year when we play them :).... Going to be wierd seeing him in those colors though :S

Phil C
02-21-2007, 11:18 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

coach
02-21-2007, 12:21 PM
congrats to him but someone told me he was suppose to go to a&m what happened there or did somebody jus give me wrong information

44INAROW
02-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by coach
congrats to him but someone told me he was suppose to go to a&m what happened there or did somebody jus give me wrong information

think someone had some incorrect info -

coach
02-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
think someone had some incorrect info -
your prolly right but at the time it seemed good bc my friend was dating kyle's sister lol so i dont know

eagles_victory
02-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by coach
congrats to him but someone told me he was suppose to go to a&m what happened there or did somebody jus give me wrong information i think you must of misunderstood i think the guy said a&m was looking at him last year not that they offered him a scholarship... and i dont think they were dating just talked a lot lol but kyle did have a lot of divison 1 schools giving him looks he even made some visits right what happened

Pudlugger
02-21-2007, 01:15 PM
He should fit into the UMHB offense real well as they run the option a lot and throw as well. His size is not a big factor as the starting qb there now is about 5'9" and runs the option to perfection. I'm surprised TLU or Trinity didn't recruit him being so close to home and all. Several Cuero players are at TLU now.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-21-2007, 01:16 PM
UMHB has a class football program. They will win a ton of games. Great choice.

HM33
02-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
He should fit into the UMHB offense real well as they run the option a lot and throw as well. His size is not a big factor as the starting qb there now is about 5'9" and runs the option to perfection. I'm surprised TLU or Trinity didn't recruit him being so close to home and all. Several Cuero players are at TLU now.

There are only two of us :) But We just got a new head coach so that is probably a reason why we didn't try and recruit him. Another reason is becuase we have a decent Senior QB and Matt Schumacher (goign on JR year) here already and about 3 freshmen are coming back. And I'm pretty sure Trinity did recruit him, but that school is really really expensive. More than here and ours is $26,000 a years :S.... UMHB is a little less than us but still expensive. I'm glad that Noack has decided to go to UMHB. Its a good school and a great program. They don't throw that much there though, so he will have get used to running the ball 90% of the time.

District303aPastPlayer
02-21-2007, 10:54 PM
chances are... he will be given an academic scholarship as he is int he top 5 of his class, for whoever asked

JR2004
02-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Well this'll be interesting. UMHB signed Luke Howard from Gatesville as well this year to come in as a QB. Should be fun to see who winds up sticking at the position. I think Howard might be better served moving back to safety, but it'll be fun to see how it eventually plays out.

gobbler84
02-22-2007, 12:55 AM
Does UMHB give athletic scholarships?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-22-2007, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by gobbler84
Does UMHB give athletic scholarships?

No, they're a Division III school. I'm sure that Kyle will get most of his college, if not all paid for. He has an impressive GPA and is ranked in the top ten percent of his class, maybe even in the top five.

HM33
02-22-2007, 10:41 AM
He will recieve a lot of grants and things. I doubt he will get all of it paid for but he will get a decent amount. I think he will do good there. Looking forward to playing UMHB next season.

big daddy russ
02-22-2007, 11:12 AM
I forget who was talking about him possibly going to Texas State, but I always thought he'd be a great fit for that offense they're running down there.

Oh well, D-III isn't bad at all. Someone posted some stats during football season (VWG or Z Motion, maybe?) about Texas' D-III teams having a winning record against the D-II and D-IAA schools they played in non-conference. Kyle has a great shot at getting plenty of PT on a National Title contender, and't argue with that.

GreenMachine
02-22-2007, 10:38 PM
Congratulations to Kyle. One hell of an athlete and he will be sorely missed in the backfield next season. I always thought that with the grades and athleticism, he would be a great fit at Rice University.

rodeo-rider
02-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by HM33
We will welcome him in to the college football scene next year when we play them :).... Going to be wierd seeing him in those colors though :S

You and ole Schu go easy on the young lad...:thinking: