PDA

View Full Version : Rice Cons wins District 28-AAA!!!

Specklebelly
11-09-2002, 12:06 AM
Rice beats Wharton 35 - 21. This really was a good game. It was all tied up 21 - 21 at the half. Rice was grinding it out, marching the ball down the field while Wharton was depending on the big play with two TD plays of over 50 yards. Wharton got worn down and outcoached in the second half and Rice pulled away. With the talent Wharton has at RB, I just cannot understand why they insist on spreading the field and trying to pass so much. I also dont understand why big #52 never leaves the field. In the 1st half, he is making plays. In the second half, that going two ways wears him out all he's doing is falling flat on his face at the snap. What do I know though. Best of luck to Wharton in the playoffs. One tip though, run the ball.

As for the Raiders, 5 SRs and only a handful of kids returning with varsity experience and they go out and win district. Amazing. Lets keep it rolling through the playoffs.

<small>[ November 09, 2002, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: Specklebelly ]</small>

bc 76
11-10-2002, 08:01 AM
Specklebelly i totally agree with what you are saying,we have the talent & speed to just line up and just pound on people and wear people down but we just don't do it.Im not a big believer on just throwing the football setup the pass with a running game.When we line up in the two te set we need to have 22& 31 in the same backfield not 52.There and old saying (when you pass the football that much 3 things can happen & two of them are bad)Specklebelly you all have a good very good ballclub and a very dicipline one,to have that young of a team and do that well says a lot about the coachinf staff at rice.Good luck to you all in the playoffs.

Wtx_coach
11-10-2002, 03:12 PM
Specklebelly:
Rice beats Wharton 35 - 21. This really was a good game. It was all tied up 21 - 21 at the half. Rice was grinding it out, marching the ball down the field while Wharton was depending on the big play with two TD plays of over 50 yards. Wharton got worn down and outcoached in the second half and Rice pulled away. With the talent Wharton has at RB, I just cannot understand why they insist on spreading the field and trying to pass so much. I also dont understand why big #52 never leaves the field. In the 1st half, he is making plays. In the second half, that going two ways wears him out all he's doing is falling flat on his face at the snap. What do I know though. Best of luck to Wharton in the playoffs. One tip though, run the ball.

As for the Raiders, 5 SRs and only a handful of kids returning with varsity experience and they go out and win district. Amazing. Lets keep it rolling through the playoffs.Hey Specklebelly Rice has a damm good football coach and as long as hes at the helm expext Rice to always contend for the distric title.