PDA

View Full Version : A Brief Analysis Anna Nicole Smith's Will

Adidas410s
02-19-2007, 02:09 PM
ANS' Will Analysis (http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/trusts_estates_prof/2007/02/analysis_of_ann.html)

This is a write-up put together by the prof that teaches my girl's Wills & Trusts class. It's a pretty interesting read. From what I've garnered...it sounds like her attorneys really screwed this one up. It's also surprising that a) she didn't update her will anytime during/after her marriage to the old guy and b) didn't make any changes after 1) her son's death and/or 2) her daughter's birth.

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 02:21 PM
ummmmmmmmmm, yeah.....this is horse crap.

You'd be surprised at what people do or don't do! :doh: Having a Will is right up there with having life insurance especially if you have children.

If you don't have a WILL - get it done!! Don't put these things off.

Adidas410s
02-19-2007, 02:22 PM
You would also think with the exhorbanent amount of money that was paid to her attorney that he would have the sense to contact her about updating it…if nothing else than he could bill her for additional work. It sounds like she hired people about as smart as her to handle her legal proceedings.

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
You would also think with the exhorbanent amount of money that was paid to her attorney that he would have the sense to contact her about updating it…if nothing else than he could bill her for additional work. It sounds like she hired people about as smart as her to handle her legal proceedings.

I thought the same thing, but after reading the will and noting that he did not make any concessions in the event her only named heir predeceased her, it didn't surprise me. This guy is a joke!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-19-2007, 02:31 PM
I heard that her son committed suicide because he is the father of her baby. I hope that's not true, because that's just plain weird.

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I heard that her son committed suicide because he is the father of her baby. I hope that's not true, because that's just plain weird.

Oh Lord. I hope not.

Adidas410s
02-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I thought the same thing, but after reading the will and noting that he did not make any concessions in the event her only named heir predeceased her, it didn't surprise me. This guy is a joke!
that's pretty much what the girl told me when she sent that to me...she wrote:

i blame her attorney. he didn't have a residual clause which basically says, whatever hasn't been allocated goes to x....or if something has been allocated and cannot be distributed as described, it goes to y. and an attorney with a high profile client like that has no excuse to not go to her and say we need to change things because the gov't might get everything if we don't. you're supposed to tell clients to read over their will once a year just to make sure nothing has changed. while very few people do it, it would save a lot of pain later if they did.....silly people!

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 02:35 PM
ANS' Will Analysis (http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/trusts_estates_prof/2007/02/analysis_of_ann.html)

This is a write-up put together by the prof that teaches my girl's Wills & Trusts class. It's a pretty interesting read. From what I've garnered...it sounds like her attorneys really screwed this one up. It's also surprising that a) she didn't update her will anytime during/after her marriage to the old guy and b) didn't make any changes after 1) her son's death and/or 2) her daughter's birth.

In looking at the above link someone posed this question: "If a person named as recipient of an estate dies, without any further stipulation, wouldn't that person's heirs get the distribution.
In other words, couldn't the baby Dannielynn get the estate as Daniel's only next of kin - his sister?"

This is what my boss is thinking should happen. That is what would happen in Texas.

theyoefnshow
02-19-2007, 02:40 PM
my questiom is this:
why do so many people give a flying you know what, about this woman? (and I use that term very, very loosely). WHAT DID SHE DO??? she got naked, married an old guy for his money, was cracked out in all her intervies, and starred in some crappy C grade movies. oh and she was apparently a skank with like 32 guys claiming to be daddy. screw that. i'd avoid anything to do with her or her "legacy" if I was any of those guys. money isn't that serious. right K Fed?

Adidas410s
02-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
my questiom is this:
why do so many people give a flying you know what, about this woman? (and I use that term very, very loosely). WHAT DID SHE DO??? she got naked, married an old guy for his money, was cracked out in all her intervies, and starred in some crappy C grade movies. oh and she was apparently a skank with like 32 guys claiming to be daddy. screw that. i'd avoid anything to do with her or her "legacy" if I was any of those guys. money isn't that serious. right K Fed?

I could care less about ANS...but the legal proceedings in regards to the handling of her estate will be very fascinating to watch as they unfold for those who enjoy and/or practice in the legal world.

44INAROW
02-19-2007, 02:43 PM

wow - now that would be sick..........

Bullaholic
02-19-2007, 02:45 PM
I wonder if we will ever see the day when, after a celebrity's death, they are mourned and buried within a reasonal amount of time just like the rest of us and we, the public, are not subjected ad nauseum to every nuance of their lives since their birth by the media.

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 02:47 PM
I could care less about ANS...but the legal proceedings in regards to the handling of her estate will be very fascinating to watch as they unfold for those who enjoy and/or practice in the legal world.

+1

I find the law very fascinating. :nerd:

theyoefnshow
I will laugh my balls off if it was the old man's frozen sperm that produced this kid.

what I don't get is with all these guys poppin up NOW, why weren't they claiming the kid when she was first born???

pirate4state
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I wonder if we will ever see the day when, after a celebrity's death, they are mourned and buried within a reasonal amount of time just like the rest of us and we, the public, are not subjected ad nauseum to every nuance of their lives since their birth by the media.

Well, you'll be 6 feet under, but sure. :p

injuredinmelee
02-19-2007, 02:52 PM
the baby is mine by the way.

Bullaholic
02-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well, you'll be 6 feet under, but sure. :p

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad: ---not to mention respect.
Old folks like me don't like to hear things like that--- I don't even buy green bananas anymore. :D

Ranger Mom
02-19-2007, 03:00 PM

Did you really hear that or were you just making a joke??

I found it extremely funny when I read it.....is that bad??:thinking:

shankbear
02-19-2007, 03:00 PM
If the provisions of the will which purport to dispose of her assets fail for some reason, then her assets will pass under the rules of intestate succession. Dying without a will is what this ends up being if true. Her heirs at law would be entitled to her estate. Depending on what jurisdiction this is in, for sure her kid would get a pile of dough. Her surviving parent would get some too. If her deceased son had any kids then those surviving spawn would take a piece of the pie too.

Dying without a will is so silly. I do a package deal with a Will, Power of Attorney and an Advance Medical Directive that anybody can afford. DO NOT DIE WITHOUT A WILL!!!!!

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
If the provisions of the will which purport to dispose of her assets fail for some reason, then her assets will pass under the rules of intestate succession. Dying without a will is what this ends up being if true. Her heirs at law would be entitled to her estate. Depending on what jurisdiction this is in, for sure her kid would get a pile of dough. Her surviving parent would get some too. If her deceased son had any kids then those surviving spawn would take a piece of the pie too.

Dying without a will is so silly. I do a package deal with a Will, Power of Attorney and an Advance Medical Directive that anybody can afford. DO NOT DIE WITHOUT A WILL!!!!!

My boss does the same thing - the package deal.

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Nope. Just like I find the Brittany Spears drama hysterical.

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad: ---not to mention respect.
Old folks like me don't like to hear things like that--- I don't even buy green bananas anymore. :D

:kiss: :kiss: Is your will in order? :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

No, I seriously heard that. Don't know if it's true or not, but it's an interesting twist to the plot.

burnet44
02-19-2007, 03:38 PM
sadly any of the following is a possiblity

1. the girls daddy is an alien
2. von slot in heighmer is the dad
3. the son is the dad
4. dead billionaire is the dad
5. lawyer is the dad
6. photographer is the dad
7. son of billionaire is the dad
8. minister of Bahamas is the dad
9. pool boy is the dad
10. any drug dealer in the Bahamas is the dad
11. Prince Charles is the dad
12. Hugh Heffner is the dad

feel free to add you own

lol

ok I wonder

1. is Vegas giving odds?
2. what are the odds?
3. whats the line?
4. whats the over under?
5. can you parlay it with James Brown?
6. whats the over/under on how long this will be in the news
7. whats the over under on burial?
8. whats the line on who is buried first ANS or JB
9. what country/state/person will win the ANS sweepstakes?
10. If the father is ever determined will he claim the lil girl and how much sueing will be involved by the others?

yeah the law is fascinatating

about like my spelling