PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta dominates Marlin!!!

TakeMeHigher
12-21-2003, 06:35 PM
Atlanta completly dominated the Marlin Bulldogs sat. night. Marlin could not get anything going on offense. The bulldogs had negative rushing yards and only 60 passing yards. The Rabbits had WAY TO MUCH SPEED for the bulldogs. The Marlin quaterback was running for his life by the end of the game.

m-square4life
12-21-2003, 07:28 PM
u must be mistaken they didn't have too much speed they were just too big for us to get down......every time they got the ball we were on them but they were too big for us to get down. speed was not a key factor, size was.

Marlin might have lost, but out of 38 teams in texas Marlin was one of the two left. Congratulations Bullldogs you are still number one in my book!!!!!!

Good job Atlanta

Football GOD
12-21-2003, 07:41 PM
Marlin just ran out of luck if Port Isabel had not gone into 4 o.t's vs Rice Cons.the week before they played marlin it would have been a P.I. WIN no doubt.It was just not that exciting to get up and play a soft team like marlin and they got lucky, Rice was a much better team than mrlin also but oh well .That is why I say marlin ran out of luck,I guess that train horn nor the monkey dance were used at all last night. he he
what comes around goes around puppies

bulldogvet85
12-21-2003, 07:50 PM
m-square4life:
u must be mistaken they didn't have too much speed they were just too big for us to get down......every time they got the ball we were on them but they were too big for us to get down. speed was not a key factor, size was.

Marlin might have lost, but out of 38 teams in texas Marlin was one of the two left. Congratulations Bullldogs you are still number one in my book!!!!!!

Good job Atlantaif size was an issue it must mean that marlin wasnt getting to the ball quick enough. If marlin was faster then they should have been swarming to the ball to help bring the runner down.

TakeMeHigher
12-21-2003, 11:17 PM
I guess everytime the Atlanta running backs ran right by the Marlin defensive players, that had nothing to do with speed. I don't think they were bigger then Marlin, just a hell of a lot faster. Marlin could not get around the corner when they ran the ball b/c before they knew it the Rabbits were on them.

Bellville22
12-22-2003, 01:02 AM
I attended the game in Tyler the other night. I was a neutral fan, simply wishing to see a good game. I can't tell you how impressed I was with Atlanta. I didn't think I'd see a faster team than Marlin, but I did. Sorry 'm-square4life', but Atlanta was not only the bigger team, but they were the faster team as well. They dominated every aspect of the game.

Congrats to the Marlin Bulldogs for a fine year. I have great respect for this team, and they have nothing to be ashamed of, they simply met a better team. But great year.

Last week I said Gainesville was clearly the best team in 3A in my opinion. I no longer think that. Atlanta is! I think the Rabbits could beat Gainesville by 10-14 points. They reminded me alot of the Sealy teams of their dynasty... incredibly fast, smothering defense (54 total yards, WOW), and on offense they simply said "we're bigger, faster, and stronger than you, we're gonna run it around, through, and over you." And they did. Burns and Washington are special. And who was OL/DT #71, what an animal. I was thoroughly impressed, Congrats Atlanta.

Keith7
12-22-2003, 04:06 AM
Bellville22:
I attended the game in Tyler the other night. I was a neutral fan, simply wishing to see a good game. I can't tell you how impressed I was with Atlanta. I didn't think I'd see a faster team than Marlin, but I did. Sorry 'm-square4life', but Atlanta was not only the bigger team, but they were the faster team as well. They dominated every aspect of the game.

Congrats to the Marlin Bulldogs for a fine year. I have great respect for this team, and they have nothing to be ashamed of, they simply met a better team. But great year.

Last week I said Gainesville was clearly the best team in 3A in my opinion. I no longer think that. Atlanta is! I think the Rabbits could beat Gainesville by 10-14 points. They reminded me alot of the Sealy teams of their dynasty... incredibly fast, smothering defense (54 total yards, WOW), and on offense they simply said "we're bigger, faster, and stronger than you, we're gonna run it around, through, and over you." And they did. Burns and Washington are special. And who was OL/DT #71, what an animal. I was thoroughly impressed, Congrats Atlanta.You are crazy... I would love to see another Gainesville-Atlanta Rematch

Terrius had an awesome game against them last year, and with him startin this year, I gurantee Atlanta couldnt stop him

MARLINFAN
12-22-2003, 09:19 AM
i will admit it my self coming from the d-line. they were faster,and stronger. we still could have played with them. we missed too many tackles and didt execute on offense. too many mistakes.

Old No. 7
12-22-2003, 09:30 AM
Congrats to Atlanta. I've read several posts this morning, and I'm still not sure what happened during the game. Marlin, I was pulling for ya. Maybe next year. :cool:

faithfuldog
12-22-2003, 11:46 AM
Hats off to an amazing Atlanta team. The Rabbits
played like champions and definitely were the better team. Somebody tell me, do they play at that level each week or what. It's seldom you see a 3A team so strong in so many areas... running game, O & D lines, D secondary. They could beat many larger schools with the team that played Saturday nite. What colleges will Burns and the 2 Washington kids attend...they have big time D1 talent.

We are all very proud of the Bulldogs. Ya'll gave us fans a lot excitement and community pride with the extended ride through many good teams this year. You have nothing to be ashamed of... you simply met up with a higher caliber team. Learn and grow from it. Football, as well the game of life will offer you many disappointments and failures. Strive to turn each one of them into an opportunity to learn, grow, and improve because as sure as a Dawg barks, you'll face similiar challenges again... and hopefully you be able to come out on top. GO DAWGS.... SHOW WHAT YOU GOT!

Bellville22
12-22-2003, 06:04 PM
Keith7: You're right, Purvey is awesome, as is Gainesville. He would have a bit of success against the Rabbs, but not enough, in my opinion. And from what I saw, I don't think G'ville could stop Atlanta enough. I'm certainly neutral here, I have no reason to pull one way or another, and from my viewpoint, I thought Atlanta was better. As I put in another post, IMHO, if these teams played...

Atlanta 28
G'ville 17