PDA

View Full Version : Islander Baseball?!?!?!

IHStangFan
02-19-2007, 11:24 AM
I am reading that the Islanders are 9-0 and just set a new school record for the most runs scored in a game as they beat Grambling State 24 to 1!!! Holy COW!

Adidas410s
02-19-2007, 11:26 AM
oh deer :eek:

District303aPastPlayer
02-19-2007, 11:28 AM
i don't think they are undefeated... i thought they lost the other day... but wow... 24-1...

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Sinton's very own Omar "Buzz" Gutierrez is having early sucess with them. :) Just bought my tickets for TAMUCC vs. UT. :cheerl:

Phil C
02-19-2007, 11:36 AM
The Lady Islanders gave UT a big scare at the Texas Classic in Austin and only lost 4 to 2 when UT scored two last inning runs.

Maroon87
02-19-2007, 11:37 AM
On a related note, the Islander men's hoops team is on FSN tonight vs. UT-Arlington.:cool:

Blastoderm55
02-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sinton's very own Omar "Buzz" Gutierrez is having early sucess with them. :) Just bought my tickets for TAMUCC vs. UT. :cheerl:

Does he have an older brother? His name sounds familiar.

District303aPastPlayer
02-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Does he have an older brother? His name sounds familiar.

Lando is his brother

District303aPastPlayer
02-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
On a related note, the Islander men's hoops team is on FSN tonight vs. UT-Arlington.:cool:

I got my tickets last night from JakeDaFootballGod... Row 14... section 115... plus parking pass... look for me on TV!!!

Blastoderm55
02-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Lando is his brother

Orlando? I think he probably graduated with you. Used to go to school in Mathis. Played baseball with him. Fellow pitcher. Dad was my P.E. coach.

Of course, if I'm thinking of the right guy. :p

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Orlando? I think he probably graduated with you. Used to go to school in Mathis. Played baseball with him. Fellow pitcher. Dad was my P.E. coach.

Of course, if I'm thinking of the right guy. :p

You are thinking of the right guy. Their sister is a heck of a softball player!! :)

District303aPastPlayer
02-19-2007, 11:49 AM
You are thinking of the right guy. Their sister is a heck of a softball player!! :)

^^what she said.

Blastoderm55
02-19-2007, 11:50 AM
I never understood why they left Mathis. I don't remember exactly what year it was, but I think it was probably around high school. Soza came in '96, so maybe he didn't have a spot on the staff for their dad. I want to say he was a football assistant at one point or another.

District303aPastPlayer
02-19-2007, 11:52 AM
I never understood why they left Mathis. I don't remember exactly what year it was, but I think it was probably around high school. Soza came in '96, so maybe he didn't have a spot on the staff for their dad. I want to say he was a football assistant at one point or another.

He came to Sinton around his 7th grade year... He used to play peewee football with us here in town when he was younger. I remember the first day he came to town actually...

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 11:55 AM
I never understood why they left Mathis.

Okay - this is too easy!! :devil: :evillol:

District303aPastPlayer
02-19-2007, 12:00 PM
I never understood why they left Mathis.

Seriously... this is a no brainer though...

Blastoderm55
02-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Did Cardona go to Sinton too? He was another kid who left out of nowhere. I heard he went to T-M but never got confirmation. First name was Asael or something, but we all called him "Shel".

And leave poor little Mathis out of your jokes. At least we have a lake. We can't all have Bud's Discount Warehouse. :p :devil:

District303aPastPlayer
02-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Did Cardona go to Sinton too? He was another kid who left out of nowhere. I heard he went to T-M but never got confirmation. First name was Asael or something, but we all called him "Shel".

And leave poor little Mathis out of your jokes. At least we have a lake. We can't all have Bud's Discount Warehouse. :p :devil:

Oceal maybe? I don't know where he wound up, but it wasn't in Sinton. And we no longer have a Buds... we got a Radio Shack :)

Blastoderm55
02-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Bud's was a glorified flea market, but I found some cool old school G.I. Joes there back in the day. :cool:

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Oceal maybe? I don't know where he wound up, but it wasn't in Sinton. And we no longer have a Buds... we got a Radio Shack :)

LMAO! That Radio Shack is pretty pathetic. As far as amenties "in town" Mathis has Sinton beat, take comfort in that. :p :D

:o :o I menat that last part for Blast. haha.

AP Panther Fan
02-19-2007, 12:17 PM
As far as amenties "in town" Mathis has Sinton beat, take comfort in that. :p :D

I don't get it.....like what?

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I don't get it.....like what?

They have more chain restaurants and then there is Van's. That place is so cool. It would be great to have something like that in Sinton.

I don't know maybe it is just that area near the school that I ever see. There seems to be new stuff up. I could be confused. You know it doesn't take much to confuse me!! :p :p

Blastoderm55
02-19-2007, 12:19 PM
As far as amenties "in town" Mathis has Sinton beat, take comfort in that. :p :D

Oh I will! :D

Blastoderm55
02-19-2007, 12:21 PM
They have more chain restaurants and then there is Van's. That place is so cool. It would be great to have something like that in Sinton.

I'd trade Van's to have a Butter Churn. :(

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 12:25 PM

:thinking: hmmmmmm - I don't really like Butter Churn. It does have a nice new building though.

I think Freddy's needs to have the Pirate stuff up like Van's does in Mathis. I know Rudy's BBQ had some baseball stuff up, but I haven't been in there in over 2 years so I don't know what the place looks like now. :thinking:

AP Panther Fan
02-19-2007, 12:26 PM

We have one in AP (Butter Churn) I'd trade you for something, I just don't know what.;) :D

AP Panther Fan
02-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Back to topic...Islander Baseball...I also saw this:

Thu., March 8th, 7:00 pm: Whataburger College Classic:
Homerun Derby / Team Workouts

Fri., March 9th: Whataburger College Classic:
3:00 pm: Texas A&M-Corpus Christi vs. Texas Tech
7:00 pm: TCU vs. Rice

Sat., March 10th: Whataburger College Classic:
3:00 pm: Texas A&M-Corpus Christi vs. TCU
7:00 pm: Texas Tech vs. Rice

Sun., March 11th: Whataburger College Classic:
12:00 pm: TCU vs. Texas Tech
4:00 pm: Rice vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi

Blastoderm55
02-19-2007, 12:29 PM
We have one in AP (Butter Churn) I'd trade you for something, I just don't know what.;) :D

AP probably has everything Mathis does. :(

We just recently got a McDonald's and a Subway, and Sonic is opening in a new location to replace the run-down current locale.

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 12:29 PM

I saw that Puerto Vallerta is also opening up a restuarant there and you are getting a Wal-greens. AP moving on up.

District303aPastPlayer
02-19-2007, 12:30 PM
AP probably has everything Mathis does. :(

We just recently got a McDonald's and a Subway, and Sonic is opening in a new location to replace the run-down current locale.

why do odem and mathis have a mcdonalds, but sinton doesnt... wth man...

IHStangFan
Geezus...you damn Sinton people are like roaches.....if I turn on the light will you all run off and stop hijacking my thread? :p

Blastoderm55
you are getting a Wal-greens. AP moving on up.

So is Beeville, along with an IBC, like Sinton, and a Chili's (next month) and down the road an IHOP. :)

District303aPastPlayer
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Geezus...you damn Sinton people are like roaches.....if I turn on the light will you all run off and stop hijacking my thread? :p

no

AP Panther Fan
02-19-2007, 12:34 PM
I saw that Puerto Vallerta is also opening up a restuarant there and you are getting a Wal-greens. AP moving on up.

That Puerto Vallarta is moving right along...I hope Walgreens has a drive up window.

We have lots of fast food places...McDonald's (2), Whataburger, Pizza Hut Wings N More, Sonic, Dairy Queen, Popeye's, Church's Chicken....

We just need more real restaurants....:thinking:

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 12:36 PM

ROACHES??? :hand: :hairpunk:

and no we won't

Blastoderm55
02-19-2007, 12:53 PM
And I'm back to further derail the thread! :D

IHStangFan
02-19-2007, 01:13 PM
okay....if we're gonna go that route.....

I must first report:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/hijack.jpg

and now to fix this problem:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/forgetthread.jpg

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 01:39 PM
okay....if we're gonna go that route.....

I must first report:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/hijack.jpg

and now to fix this problem:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/forgetthread.jpg

ROFL!

:nerd: :nerd:

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 10:53 PM
ISLANDERS TO PUT 9-0 MARK ON LINE VERSUS TEXAS-PAN AMERICAN

Courtesy: Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Sports Information
Release: 02/19/2007

Courtesy: Steve Nurenberg

Fresh off setting a school record for runs in a game with 24 on Sunday, the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi baseball team will put its 9-0 record on the line Tuesday night when it faces long-time rival Texas-Pan American at Edinburg Baseball Stadium.

The Broncs enter the game 4-7 but have split contests with the likes of Oklahoma and Texas State. UTPA leads the season series versus the Islanders 16-21 after winning all four games a season ago against A&M-Corpus Christi.

The Islanders will send right-hander Matt Wilson to the mound on Tuesday. Wilson is 2-0 this season with a 1.23 ERA. The righty will be making his first start of the season as he looks to snap the four-game losing streak to the Broncs. In 7-1/3 innings out of the bullpen, Wilson has allowed one hit and struckout 11.

Cody Cisper or Cesar Pena will likely start for the Broncs. Cisper is 0-2 in three starts with a 10.12 ERA, while Pena has tossed 1/3 of an inning this season. Cisper is a right-handed pitcher and Pena a lefty.

A&M-Corpus Christi has reached 9-0 as team by playing solid in all facets. The team is hitting .387 as a unit. Eight players who have at least 20 at bats on the season are hitting .300 or better for the Islanders. Jason Graham leads the way with a .517 batting average, while Jon Kourie leads the team with 11 runs batted in. Martin Parra and Chris Widner each have 10 RBI. The Islanders, who have nine home runs led by Chase Wheaton’s three, have swiped 19 bases this season including eight steals by lead-off batter Trae Williams.

On the mound, nine pitchers have combined for a 2.92 earned-run average. Emerson Trager leads the team with a 3-0 mark and has limited opponents to a .173 average. Wilson’s two wins are the most out of the bullpen and tied for second on the team with Omar Gutierrez, who has a team-high 20 strikeouts, and Will Norman. Trey Maldonado has the team’s lone save.

The Broncs enter the game batting .214 as a team with a combined ERA of 5.59. Osiel Flores leads the team with a .325 average, while Patrick Brooks and Roly Gonzalez have driven a team-high seven runs apiece. Josh Wymer leads the team on the mound with a 2-2 record, 2.08 ERA in 26 innings, and 13 Ks.

WTG Buzz!!! :clap: :)