PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Wednesday Night basketball playoff games...

kaorder1999
02-19-2007, 10:33 AM
There are a lot of Wednesday night games. Kind of looks weird to see so many! Thanks TAKS!

txkmom
02-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Yep, LE girls play Athens Wed. night for a berth at Regionals in Commerce, which means they would play again Friday. I guess everybody's looking at a busy week if they stay in it.

kaorder1999
02-19-2007, 10:52 AM
it doesnt make a lot of sense. The Taks is on Tuesday so I dont see why they cant play Tuesday night! THe only ones testing Wednesday for most schools are seniors retaking the exam they failed

BTEXDAD
02-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
it doesnt make a lot of sense. The Taks is on Tuesday so I dont see why they cant play Tuesday night! THe only ones testing Wednesday for most schools are seniors retaking the exam they failed

Agreed.
I know i'm not supposed to get religious, but Wednesday night is ash wednesday, start of Lent. Many people would be attending church services instead of basketball games if not being played on Wednesday.

44INAROW
02-19-2007, 11:18 AM
yep - the Cuero boys are playing Weds in Port Lavaca and we are hosting a girls playoff game here in Cuero (Louise and ??) - not sure where the Lady Gobblers and the Lady Apaches will be playing but I hope it's not Weds - :eek:

txkmom
02-19-2007, 11:21 AM
... and today we have a softball game at 4, and a BIG baseball opener against Carthage (huge, nasty rivalry) at 5. Logically, that should not be happening if the kids need to be "well-rested."

AP Panther Fan
02-19-2007, 11:29 AM
For District 30 (bi-district boys) it looks like:

CC West Oso with a bye
Ingleside vs Cuero
Aransas Pass vs Yoakum

44inarow...have you been following the Cuero girls? Looks like y'all are headed to Kingsville if you take care of Gonzales on Wednesday. How did they do against each other in the regular season?

AP Panther Fan
02-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW not sure where the Lady Gobblers and the Lady Apaches will be playing but I hope it's not Weds - :eek:

You are playing Wednesday, 6:00 at Schulenburg according to the UIL bracket. :(

Adidas410s
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

CC West Oso with a bye

Beware of the Howling Bear!!!!

IHStangFan
GO INGLESIDE!!

AP Panther Fan
02-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Beware of the Howling Bear!!!!

You're not kidding! Their girls are kicking butt and taking names too....they just beat Port Isabel 85-24...:thinking:

44INAROW
02-19-2007, 11:37 AM

44inarow...have you been following the Cuero girls? Looks like y'all are headed to Kingsville if you take care of Gonzales on Wednesday. How did they do against each other in the regular season?

1/18/07 Gonzales 58 Cuero 35 :( 2/2/07 Gonzales 55 Cuero 39 - :( Let's hope 3rd time is the charm :) I am so happy for the girls and Coach Fryer - considering they were 0-10 last season! We've been unable to go to the Cuero playoff games since Mr44 is manning the concession stand at the playoff games being held in Cuero - hopefully we'll continue to advance and get to go to a game next week :)

You are playing Wednesday, 6:00 at Schulenburg according to the UIL bracket. :(
hope it's on the radio
:cool:

eagles_victory
02-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Fairfield girls play Wednesday night so if they continue to win they will play Wednesday Friday and Saturday. The boys play Thursday in Jacksonville and if they win they could have to go halfway to Austin Friday night to play liberty hill but i guess if we would of handled bussiness in district it wouldnt be an issue for the boys

LH Panther Mom
02-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i guess if we would of handled bussiness in district it wouldnt be an issue for the boys
Good point. ;)

eagles_victory
02-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Good point. ;) i think lh is going to wish we would of won district lol how far past austin are yall

LH Panther Mom
02-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i think lh is going to wish we would of won district lol how far past austin are yall
Roughly 35 miles or so.....bring it on! :p

Snydertigersrul
02-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

State law prohibits any basketball playoffs game on days that theh TAKS are given (Monday and Tuesday).