PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 500- 2007 Season Race 1

carter08
02-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Rubber, Sheet Metal, Restrictor Plates

yes my friends, it is that time of year. NASCAR is back. Today, 43 cars will run in the Superbowl of Motorsports. Only 1 will emerge victorious.

Favorites: Tony Stewart, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon

Chevrolets usually dominate the Plate Tracks

Dark Horse: Martin Truex Jr. The second year driver ended last year on a high note with a Top 5 at Homestead.

So here we go. 500 miles. 200 laps. Boogity Boogity Boogity.

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Rubber, Sheet Metal, Restrictor Plates

yes my friends, it is that time of year. NASCAR is back. Today, 43 cars will run in the Superbowl of Motorsports. Only 1 will emerge victorious.

Favorites: Tony Stewart, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon

Chevrolets usually dominate the Plate Tracks

Dark Horse: Martin Truex Jr. The second year driver ended last year on a high note with a Top 5 at Homestead.

So here we go. 500 miles. 200 laps. Boogity Boogity Boogity.

Anyone else think the crackdown on cheaters early in the year has been pretty crazy? I heard Richard Petty saw in an interview the other day "If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin". I think it's always been that way in Nascar and they've gotten some bad publicity off of all this. What do y'all think about it?

carter08
02-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Anyone else think the crackdown on cheaters early in the year has been pretty crazy? I heard Richard Petty saw in an interview the other day "If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin". I think it's always been that way in Nascar and they've gotten some bad publicity off of all this. What do y'all think about it?

Jet Fuel in the engine is not a mistake. But taking points away is like taking away the win from the Giants in every game Bonds homered in

IHS Fan
02-18-2007, 03:18 PM
i've been watchin'racing for a week now. saw the ARCA race last week, dual 150's thursday, trucks friday, and busch yesterday.

Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud

they been trying to cheat since nascar was founded and will keep trying. it's not really cheating, it's bending the rules. if you get away with it more power to you. if you get caught, take the punishment. it's pretty harsh but that's what rules are for.

carter08
02-18-2007, 03:20 PM
The finish of the truck race was great. 3 wide, the leader finishes 3rd.

Tough Trucks. Tougher Drivers.

IHS Fan
02-18-2007, 03:21 PM
The finish of the truck race was great. 3 wide, the leader finishes 3rd.

Tough Trucks. Tougher Drivers.

same thing happened a couple of years ago

carter08
02-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
same thing happened a couple of years ago

I remember that one truck race when Spencer(?) went to victory lane and was told he didn't win.

IHS Fan
02-18-2007, 03:29 PM
I remember that one truck race when Spencer(?) went to victory lane and was told he didn't win.

yeah, that was spencer. the trucks have some good finishes.

carter08
02-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Final Prediction:

1. Truex
2. Jr.
3. Martin

IHS Fan
02-18-2007, 03:32 PM
this is one race that is almost impossible to call. you can come from 20th to 1st on the last lap.

IHS Fan
02-18-2007, 03:33 PM
now it's time to wait for the big one.