PDA

View Full Version : City Of Wharton Baseball

Bull19
02-18-2007, 01:06 PM
I HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY THE WHARTON BASEBALL FIELD THAT IS SHARED BY THE COLLEGE AND HIGH SCHOOL ISNT VERY NICE. GRANTED RECENT RENOVATIONS TO THE BACKSTOP ADDED A BIT A "BLING" BUT FOR HAVING A COLLEGE AND A HIGH SCHOOL PLAY THIER ITS A VERY MIDOKER FIELD. FIELD HAS A 6 FT. DROPOFF ONCE YOU GET BEHIND THE 95FT LINE THAT YOU RISK FACE PLANTS EVERYTIME YOU RUN DOWN IT CHASING AFTER A FLY-BALL. ALSO THE GRASS LOOKS LIKE THEY NEVER WATER IT......IT MIGHT JUST BE ME, BUT I EXCPECT MORE OUT OF A FIELD THAT IS SHARED BY A COLLEGE AND HIGH SCHOOL.

tigerpride_08
02-18-2007, 03:19 PM
our coach just told us that we are getting a new scoreboard...i sort of like the drop off...kind of an advantage to us when teams play there...we put in new grass like last year but its coming along just fine...for just us high school and the junior college players i think we do a pretty good job keeping up with it...

whtfbplaya
02-18-2007, 04:47 PM
the field does have some age on it...

but like tigerpride said, not bad for labor that exisits of the head coach and the kids.....

junior college help??

surely you jest!!

some needed improvements were done this past year.

maestro
02-18-2007, 06:57 PM
i think that one of the improvements was getting rid of that huge drop off.

can you confirm this tigerpride???

tigerpride_08
02-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by maestro

oh no...its still there...:D...i couldnt see the field without it...

Bull19
02-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by maestro

ONE OF MY FUNNIEST MEMORIES PLAYING THERE HAPPENED ONCE WHEN WE HAD OUR SHORTSTOP LAY ON THE GROUND DOWN THE HILL BEHIND HIS NORMAL SPOT WHERE HE PLAYED. IF YOU WERE LOOKING FROM THE VISITING DUGOUT YOU COULDNT SEE HIM. :D PRETTY FUNNY

tigerpride_08
02-18-2007, 10:51 PM
yea...whenever there is a routine pop fly in that area of the drop off it always makes it interesting if the player can keep his footing...:p

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
ONE OF MY FUNNIEST MEMORIES PLAYING THERE HAPPENED ONCE WHEN WE HAD OUR SHORTSTOP LAY ON THE GROUND DOWN THE HILL BEHIND HIS NORMAL SPOT WHERE HE PLAYED. IF YOU WERE LOOKING FROM THE VISITING DUGOUT YOU COULDNT SEE HIM. :D PRETTY FUNNY

He is a little fellow to begin with, he might have been standing?:D