PDA

View Full Version : So I've seen 3 new movies in the last 24 hours...

theyoefnshow
02-17-2007, 11:37 PM
I'll go over all 3 real quick and let u know what to avoid.

Took the fam to see Norbit yesterday. For any of you who think that Eddie Murphy still "has it," as a leading actor....I'm sorry. You're sadly mistaken. Though the movie had it's moments, NONE of them came from Eddie but from Eddie Griffin & Katt Williams who both play restraunt owning pimps. THOSE guys are hilarious (one of the pimps gives condom advice at a wedding.....classic) and the love interest Thandie Newton is pretty hot though pretty skinny. Overall, the laughs were not worth the legnth of the movie (nearly 2 hours) and the fat chick gimmick got tired very, very fast. Avoid it.

Took my son to see Ghost Rider today. I was a bit worried as this is (i believe) the first official film from Marvel (not Fox) and didn't know if it'd turn out as good as X Men, Spiderman and the PUnisher or go the way of the Hulk & Daredevil. I'm not big on Nikky Cage but this movie was pretty damn cool! The effects are great and though I've always though Eva Mendes was overrated.....she won me over in this movie as she's is TOTALLY HOT (and sweaty in most scenes) and does the role justice. Cage has a few cheesy lines from time to time but I think he pulls off cocky Johnny Blaze pretty well. The character played by Sam Elliott is cool as I've always liked that guy. Definately check it out if you can and when they bring it out on DVD, i'm all about the one that'll have extra features, behind the scenes and all that good stuff.

Finally.......best of the batch.....bought the Departed on Thursday and just got the chance to watch it tonight. That movie was AMAZING. I heard the hype and didn't want to get my hopes up but man....this flick delivered! It takes a little bit to get into and it might even get a bit confusing at the start but after about 45 minutes and you finally figure out who is who, it really picks up. The last 10 minutes I couldn't understand how they were going to wrap it up but MAN....was it wrapped up good! Go out and buy this movie NOW and watch it NOW. I wish I would've gotten the special edition just to see what the cast had to say about their experience. Leo DiCaprio has arrived and is long since removed from his Titanic Days. Damon is decent and plays his roll well and Jack Nicholson is well....Jack Nicholson. Oh and Marky Mark is in there. He's awesome, as always.

Anyway.....now you know what to spend your money on marks......don't say I didn't warn you about Norbit! (I want my money back!!)