PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale Powerlifting Meet

Milk That Cow
02-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Enjoyed my time in Tiger Land today...

Boy, that Lance guy who won from Rockdale is a screamer...

Does he play football?

Dogman_1969
02-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Hey MTC, did you get to try one of the booster club's famous burgers? If not you missed a treat. I seen several of the Giddings boys going to town on them.

Yes Lance plays football. Last year he missed most of the year with a injury but is back for P-lifting and is ready for his senior year next season. I figure he starts at one of the O-line spots, probably anyone he decides to play. That kid is really strong and explosive. I figure he gets time on the D-line as well. I'd hate to have to keep him out of the backfield.

Glad your stay was a good one......

burnet44
02-18-2007, 09:38 AM
we went to west
luckly mine was in the first flight
it was long
we left before the 2nd flight did dl
west worked hard to put on a good meet
5 platforms woulda made a big difference
but give west credit
they did their best to put on a good meet

on ward to regionals I hope

Milk That Cow
02-18-2007, 08:54 PM
Dogman,

I missed the burgers, I'll remember that next time...

That Tiger Gym has gone beyond it's useful life...

I heard that ya'll are gonna get a new one soon..

Will it be nicer than Cameron's?

bandera7
02-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Bandera has two of the top lifters in the state in different divisions...Reed Barton and Travis Combs have lived in the weight room since they were freshman. Now they are both ranked number one in their division...Im not sure if they kept it, but that is only because they have not been allowed to go to meets by our coach. He wants them working out and staying away from meets until regionals...watch out for Bandera this year.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Dogman,

I missed the burgers, I'll remember that next time...

That Tiger Gym has gone beyond it's useful life...

I heard that ya'll are gonna get a new one soon..

Will it be nicer than Cameron's?

I for one will be kind of sad to see it go. A lot of my sweat has been soaked up by that hardwood, and no matter how old it was, it was always our home.

Dogman_1969
02-19-2007, 08:18 AM
From what I saw in the paper the old gym is staying but the plan looked like a new one would also be constructed as well as some much needed science rooms and a new commons area. From what I saw it looks like it sure would be a big improvement over the portable buildings that seem to be the norm. The school sure could use 2 gyms. The kids practice from 6:30 until school starts, and from 3:30 until 7:30 having to alternate teams now. But participation is a good thing.....