PDA

View Full Version : If you payed to see Bport you got 2 games

The One
09-20-2002, 11:21 PM
If payed for a ticket to Bridgeport vs Boyd tonight you got to see two different games. First of all what everybody wants to know Daughtery on the night was 22 of 40 1int 333yds 4TDs.
The first half was toatl domination by Bridgeport. Offensivley and defensivly impressive. I talked to slpybear at half and he call the first half, quite a show. Daughtery had 267yds in first half.
The second half was scary in more then one way. Boyd started the 2nd half by throwing an interception, which Bridgeport marched right down the field only to fumble at the goalline. Bridgport got a safety on the next play but little did we know that would end the scoring for the night. Most of you probably think Bport pulled their starters at this point, ugh NO. We would continue to watch the most pressure get put on Daughtery this year. The Bulls looked very sloppy from this point with PD throwing an interception and Bridgeport Fumbling. But then the biggest scare came when PD was sacked and injured an ankle on the play. He stayed in the game but did not return after the series. They retaped him up on the sidelines but he never went back into the game. He did look okay after the game just a slight limp. It was not pretty after that, Bridgeport was unable to move the ball, period. The starters were pretty much out of the game with 7 minutes left and I think every one was glad to get out of Boyd with no apparent serious injuries. Shout out to Boyd tonight their were no quitters on that team, they played 4 full quarters. I do know this Bridgeport will not win against Gainesville if they play Friday night the way they played the 2nd half tonite. Do you pretty much agree with that Slpybear? Was the right ankle the same side he broke his foot on during Basketball season?

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2002, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I think that was the same ankle. He looked pretty aggravated to be sitting on the sideline. But that was the right call. Personally, he would have got one series in the second half and then I would have called off the dogs.

If I scored it right, he played three series in the second half, and he and the offense looked really flat. He made one bad throw into traffic, and then had some good coverage by Boyd. When PD came out of the game and the Bulls had their 4th series of the 2nd half, Nichols went in at QB and we ran three times and punted. After that, it was send in the 2nd string on both sides of the ball.

To put the game in perspective, the Bulls had total domination over Boyd and really strutted in the first half. At one point in the third quarter, I had Boyd down with a net offensive effort of 56 yards, (-19 through the 2nd quarter and some of the third.) It was good to see the D play like they should have.

Kudos to the 'Jackets; they played hard all game and showed heart.

The second half showed the D continuing to work over the Jackets as they should have, BUT, the Offense just looked disinterested. I can understand why; you are smoking a team that you should be, not much more motivation, defense really playing well, etc. BUT, we need to be executing every time we touch the ball. I guess the Bulls will have some good practices now and some motivation to get ready for Gainesville. They should be OK.

Continued on next post...

slpybear

[This message has been edited by slpybear the bullfan (edited September 21, 2002).]

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2002, 12:02 AM
Some more points I thought were good.

1.) When the second team Defense went in, it was playing very well.

2.) The second team offense is led by the #3 QB. I believe the #2 QB is playing JV right now to get some gametime under his belt. That is something I have to remember when I am pretty disgusted with second team O.

3.) I almost forgot till One reminded me. We can kick PAT's now! YEAAAHHHHH!!!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

4.) The Bulls were going to have a half like this sooner or later. It is HS Football and these are 16, 17, 18 year olds. Glad to have it at Boyd and it should get them practicing hard for Gainesville.

5.) It is pretty awesome to be talking about a 36-0 victory that you "aren't quite satisified with." *grin* When I played, we were satisfied with anything that resulted in a "W"! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

One, BullsFan, RagingBullsFan, and all you other Bridgeport fans, glad you enjoyed the season thus far! And now is where it gets even better!

C'mon Bulls!

slpybear

WDA, Beat the Egrets

[This message has been edited by slpybear the bullfan (edited September 21, 2002).]