PDA

View Full Version : Stay out of Wharton This Weekend...

tigerpride_08
02-16-2007, 08:32 PM
I believe Tuesday a drug raid happened and a 17-year-old boy was shot...he was a classmate and a gangmember...i'm not to sure what exactly happened but it seems the story is the boy was innocently shot...now today the Lulac, Black Panthers, and all kinds of gangs are coming into town to cause trouble...already had a lumber company burned almost down last night and they tried to get the school library...crazy times in the world today...

maestro
02-16-2007, 09:42 PM
a great moment for the wharton chamber of commerce, i'm sure....

tigerpride_08
02-16-2007, 09:49 PM
after all i've heard today nothing has happened yet...thank God...

Who-dun-it!!?
02-16-2007, 09:52 PM
I had the misfortune of watching the Black Panther Party march in protest of the exicution of a murderin piece of dirt who killed a Paris Texas Police Officer. And the other morons from the KKK where there too. I was hopeing they'd all leave on a bus together.

But I don't think they did.

tigerpride_08
02-16-2007, 10:02 PM
its a shame that this went down the way it did...i just hope it passes by soon...

wedo
02-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
I believe Tuesday a drug raid happened and a 17-year-old boy was shot...he was a classmate and a gangmember...i'm not to sure what exactly happened but it seems the story is the boy was innocently shot...now today the Lulac, Black Panthers, and all kinds of gangs are coming into town to cause trouble...already had a lumber company burned almost down last night and they tried to get the school library...crazy times in the world today...

Crazy times indeed!

injuredinmelee
02-16-2007, 11:18 PM
gang member at a drug raid.. doesnt sound like he was innocently anything.

luvhoops34
02-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

I was thinking the same thing. There are no innocent gang members. Sorry...

BU97
02-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Heck if you watch the news, they are making out to be a saint. Now I knew the kid a little and all I can say is that he was always nice to me in the few instances we were around each other. But let me throw something out there, he was shot in his home at 9:30 Tuesday morning. Anyone see anything wrong with that picture? I mean other than the getting shot part which is obviously bad.

gato 76
02-17-2007, 12:19 AM
With all the law inforcement people at that raid you would have thought they were going to bust Al Pacino in Scarface.

Who-dun-it!!?
02-17-2007, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by gato 76
With all the law inforcement people at that raid you would have thought they were going to bust Al Pacino in Scarface.

they need all the help they can get on any raid.

lepfan
02-17-2007, 09:39 AM
drug dealing is bad...in the future if they don't want to be shot then don't be dealing drugs...and stay away from people and places that do deal drugs. Good advice if you want to stay alive!

wedo
02-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by BU97
Heck if you watch the news, they are making out to be a saint. Now I knew the kid a little and all I can say is that he was always nice to me in the few instances we were around each other. But let me throw something out there, he was shot in his home at 9:30 Tuesday morning. Anyone see anything wrong with that picture? I mean other than the getting shot part which is obviously bad.

He wasn't at school like he should have been!!

pirate4state
02-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

very true & why wasn't he in school? :rolleyes:

so how did the town of Wharton fare overnight?

RiverRatDad
02-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Quiet night, the crazies didn't come out. The Law Enforcement folks were out in force last night, and will be all weekend. I hope something newsworthy happens in Houston so all the TV stations will go home.

tigerpride_08
02-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by RiverRatDad
Quiet night, the crazies didn't come out. The Law Enforcement folks were out in force last night, and will be all weekend. I hope something newsworthy happens in Houston so all the TV stations will go home.

yes...i haven't heard them yet but i heard the choppers quite alot yesterday...

RiverRatDad
02-17-2007, 11:46 AM
DPS has sent some "air assets" for the weekend, and additional patrols and personnel are scheduled to be on duty until no longer needed. It is a shame that "civil unrest" is once again costing law abiding taxpayers. I know a lot of folks who are very unhappy about the fires where arson is suspected, but everyone must learn that justice is about getting it correct and not getting it quick.

I hope the rest of the weekend is quiet and safe for everyone.

tigerpride_08
02-17-2007, 12:37 PM
i hope so too...

maestro
02-17-2007, 12:58 PM
sad when anyone has to be shot....

hope that the truth comes out

don't think that that will comfort the family anyhow

again, a great " chamber of commerce" moment for wharton....

advocate the morning had some news that conflicted with what the " dealers " and familly were saying on the news.

i agree with river rat......justice is about getting it right....not necessarily the quickiest..

just a bad deal all around..

tigerpride_08
02-17-2007, 01:40 PM
they moved the cop out of town...i wonder when he will be able to come back...:confused: i wouldn't think anytime soon...