PDA

View Full Version : Mikey Irvin

burnet44
02-16-2007, 04:21 PM
from gossip reports

Mikey Irvin Might Already Be Fired

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/02/irvinseemssurprised.jpg

From the New York Post....

Is ESPN on the verge of cutting ties with NFL analyst Michael Irvin?
One industry source believes the decision has already been made, and that some at the network view the outspoken Irvin as a ticking time bomb, ready to explode into a public-relations nightmare.

ESPN did not confirm or deny the report, but issued a statement, saying: "We are currently in the process of discussing studio assignments for next season."

I haven't been this giddy in quite some time. What a way to start a Friday! Certainly there's more to come, but it would be a great move on their part. Also, is it possible that they are doing this in preparation for the Harold Reynolds Trial? What are your thoughts on this, and the possible replacement......Bill Parcells?

Could We Be In Danger Of Losing Michael Irvin?

The New York Post, which is never ever wrong, tosses out some potentially fun Michael Irvin/ESPN gossip this morning.

One industry source believes the decision has already been made, and that some at the network view the outspoken Irvin as a ticking time bomb, ready to explode into a public-relations nightmare.

ESPN did not confirm or deny the report, but issued a statement, saying: "We are currently in the process of discussing studio assignments for next season."

As incomprehensible and insane as Irvin might be on television possible replacement Bill Parcells just doesn't have near as much fun with ties. Or cocaine, for that matter.

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/02/irvinseemssurprised.jpg

g$$
02-16-2007, 04:34 PM
While I respected Irivin as a player, I did not approve of the way he lived his life (nor did he ask). He has "found the Lord" & cleaned up his act from all reports. I do enjoy him on tv though, he adds some spice & has fun with it. I think he stays unless he veers off path again in his life.

Who-dun-it!!?
02-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by g$$
While I respected Irivin as a player, I did not approve of the way he lived his life (nor did he ask). He has "found the Lord" & cleaned up his act from all reports. I do enjoy him on tv though, he adds some spice & has fun with it. I think he stays unless he veers off path again in his life.

Yea he cleaned up. Unless you consider the drug paraphernalia found in his possession recently unclean. But of corse, a "friend" accidently left that item behind.

kepdawg
02-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Irvin parts ways with ESPN

04:19 PM CST on Saturday, February 17, 2007

By BARRY HORN / The Dallas Morning News
bhorn@dallasnews.com

Two weeks after his election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Michael Irvin is out of work. Irvin and ESPN have officially parted ways, ESPN spokesman Bill Hoffheimer said Saturday.

"Michael will not be with us this fall," Hoffheimer said.

Hoffheimer stressed that Irvin had not violated any contractual morals clause. Irvin has been a regular on ESPN's two primary NFL studio shows, Sunday NFL Countdown and Monday Night NFL Countdown.

"This was a decision that came from our annual review," Hoffheimer said.

Irvin was not immediately available for comment.

burnet44
02-18-2007, 09:32 AM
"This was a decision that came from our annual review," Hoffheimer said.

ie He is killing our ratings

wos fan1
02-18-2007, 12:01 PM
NFL analyst Michael Irvin no longer with ESPN

ESPN announced that Michael Irvin, who had been an NFL analyst for ESPN since 2003, is no longer with the network.

ESPN Communications Vice President Josh Krulewitz issued a statement, saying "We thank Michael for his contributions to ESPN and wish him well."

Irvin retired in 2002 after 12 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys and was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame during Super Bowl festivities two weeks ago.

burnet44
02-18-2007, 12:10 PM
somebody got fired
for being a dope head

"Stop the presses"
Perry White

Mike makes HOF
and they can him
finally bad pub catches up with somebody

and there is Bill and Tiki out there

Its funny he makes the hof
and THEN they can him

Yes Im glad

go work at wal-mart mike
no wait they test for drugs

flame me
i know some of you will

TexasHSFootball
02-18-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't think ESPN dismissed Irvin because of his inability to articulate on the air. Irvin was dismissed because of his controversial comments made earlier in the NFL season and his perceived off the air legal/drug problems (especially when you consider the rumors surrounding Harold Reynolds and Sean "the moral conscience of the NFL" Salisbury).

burnet44
02-18-2007, 09:30 PM
yeah right salisbery with his camera phone huh?

coach
02-18-2007, 10:52 PM
i herd irvin wanted to focus on movies so they let him go

burnet44
02-18-2007, 11:02 PM
ueah
like the last winner
the longest yard
istar was better