PDA

View Full Version : I just got a BIG scare!!

Ranger Mom
02-16-2007, 02:28 PM
My daughter called me about 30 minutes ago and when I answered she said, "Mom, did anyone tell you what happened to your dog?" I said, "No...what and which one?" She said, "Chad just came home for lunch and found Bubba Joe in the pool".

I immediately start crying and ask her if he was dead. She said no and she had him wrapped up in a blanket and was holding him....but he was shaking uncontrollably and kept wanting to goto sleep.

I was in a panic, and then Chad, who rescued him got on the phone and said the puppy was barking at him to get his attention when he came around the corner. He said he was fine, just scared and pretty exhausted......he works for a vet, so I felt a little bit better.

Last time I checked, Bubba Joe was "sitting pretty" and begging for food, so I guess he's gonna be okay.

He will get a BIG hug from me when I get home.....and he may even get to sit at the table and eat table food from a plate tonight!!:D :D

pirate4state
02-16-2007, 02:30 PM
OMG. I would have gone home. :weeping: I would HAVE to make sure he was okay. I'm glad he is okay. :)

Gobbla2001
02-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Poor dog... who names their dog Bubba Joe???? :p

kepdawg
02-16-2007, 02:35 PM
So if I jump in the pool you'll let me sit at the table and eat table food?

Ranger Mom
02-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
OMG. I would have gone home. :weeping: I would HAVE to make sure he was okay. I'm glad he is okay. :)

I thought about it. He has evidently, played with his toy, begged for a treat, and humped the spayed female....he sounds back to normal to me!!:D

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

Ranger Mom

I named him after a poster on here actually!!:D

44INAROW
glad he's OK - wonder how long he'd been "dog-paddling" :p

CenTexSports
02-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Who cares about the table food, we (all us old ornery guys) all want the hug.

Ranger Mom
02-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
glad he's OK - wonder how long he'd been "dog-paddling" :p

That's what I keep wondering. Thank goodness Chad came home, he very seldom comes home for lunch. He had his dog spayed yesterday, so he just came home to check on her.

Ranger Mom
02-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Who cares about the table food, we (all us old ornery guys) all want the hug.

I'm so happy right now, I would hug everyone, if I could!!:D

CHS_CG
02-16-2007, 02:55 PM
MY FAT BOY!!!!! I HOPE HES OK:( Thank God for Chad!!! You should make my lil fat boy his own special meal tonight

Ranger Mom
02-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
MY FAT BOY!!!!! I HOPE HES OK:( Thank God for Chad!!! You should make my lil fat boy his own special meal tonight

He will be babied, that's for sure!!:)

Zeb beat up Buddah last week, so he's been babied for a week now.....maybe Bubba Joe pulled this stunt to get some extra attention too! :p

CHS_CG
02-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
He will be babied, that's for sure!!:)

Zeb beat up Buddah last week, so he's been babied for a week now.....maybe Bubba Joe pulled this stunt to get some extra attention too! :p

zeb will be anybody up that hes not scared of. Poor fat boy.. can i come keep him for a week?

rundoe
02-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Wonder why he got in the pool when its so cold?

Then he was probable too weak from the cold to get out. Glad he's ok.

Your other dog sounds like Lassie or something, barking for help.

carter08
02-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Ranger Mom

I named him after a poster on here actually!!:D

I expect that if you ever get another dog you will name it Carter

Bubba-Joe
02-16-2007, 03:07 PM

Last time I checked, Bubba Joe was "sitting pretty" and begging for food, so I guess he's gonna be okay.

He will get a BIG hug from me when I get home.....and he may even get to sit at the table and eat table food from a plate tonight!!:D :D

OH BOY WE BE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
IT'S A DOG LIFE FOR ME!!!!!!!

Bubba-Joe
02-16-2007, 03:08 PM

cause naming a dog Gobbla just don't make no sense!!!!!!!!!

Ranger Mom
02-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Wonder why he got in the pool when its so cold?

Then he was probable too weak from the cold to get out. Glad he's ok.

Your other dog sounds like Lassie or something, barking for help.

It is an above ground pool that is in the ground. It's only has a foot or so above ground level. He is bad about jumping up there to get a drink. He fell in several months ago, but my husband pulled him right out, I hadn't seen him try to get up there since then. I thought he had learned his lesson.

The ladder isn't even in the pool right now, so he didn't have a way out even if he knew how to climb it.

Fence is going around it REAL quick now!!

Gobbla2001
02-16-2007, 03:23 PM
It is an above ground pool that is in the ground. It's only has a foot or so above ground level. He is bad about jumping up there to get a drink. He fell in several months ago, but my husband pulled him right out, I hadn't seen him try to get up there since then. I thought he had learned his lesson.

The ladder isn't even in the pool right now, so he didn't have a way out even if he knew how to climb it.

Fence is going around it REAL quick now!!

he thought the water was frozen... he wanted to go ice-skating...

Bubba-Joe
02-16-2007, 03:28 PM
he thought the water was frozen... he wanted to go ice-skating...

Naw he was going fishing

Ranger Mom
02-16-2007, 03:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/86732a59.jpg

I have to figure out how to fence in the "other half" of the pool now. (the deck is al behind a fence. Now I have to figure out how to fence where the cement is.

AP Panther Fan
02-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Glad he is going to be okay. We have similar problems here on the coast. Many homes are built on bulkheaded canals. Some brave dogs jump in and don't realize that they can't climb a ladder to get back out (if they can find one).

Many dogs have been lost this way.:(

88bobcats
02-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
cause naming a dog Gobbla just don't make no sense!!!!!!!!!

It might make a lot of sense if the dog spends a lot of time with the major transactions of other pooches.......

stangGirl2007
02-16-2007, 04:14 PM
My daughter called me about 30 minutes ago and when I answered she said, "Mom, did anyone tell you what happened to your dog?" I said, "No...what and which one?" She said, "Chad just came home for lunch and found Bubba Joe in the pool".

I immediately start crying and ask her if he was dead. She said no and she had him wrapped up in a blanket and was holding him....but he was shaking uncontrollably and kept wanting to goto sleep.

I was in a panic, and then Chad, who rescued him got on the phone and said the puppy was barking at him to get his attention when he came around the corner. He said he was fine, just scared and pretty exhausted......he works for a vet, so I felt a little bit better.

:eek: :eek: Well I'm so glad your dog is ok!!! That would've been terrible... I just loved playing with your adorable dogs when I was over there!