BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-16-2007, 10:01 AM
About being a kid?

bhtrainer
02-16-2007, 10:02 AM
i really miss that show Gumbi...

CHS_CG
02-16-2007, 10:05 AM
i dont really miss being a kid... I like goin to work everyday and the freedom I have being a young adult

GUNHO
02-16-2007, 10:10 AM
At my age.Being young.:weeping:

Adidas4I0s
02-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Doug

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/f/f3/Doug_cartoon.gif

Ranger Mom
02-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Not having any bills to pay!:)

pirate4state
02-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Not having any bills to pay!:)

I was gonna say not having any responsibilities, but yours works too. :D

AP Panther Fan
02-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I was gonna say not having any responsibilities, but yours works too. :D

That one certainly works for me as does Gunho's reply. :(

pirate44
02-16-2007, 10:48 AM
innocence. not knowing evil, profanity, and the scariest thing there was, was the abominable snow monster (from rudolph). knocking on the door of the neighbor kids house to see if he could come out to play. having my grandparents still alive. i know the importance of all these things so i try to protect my 3 year old son so he can enjoy his innocence.

CenTexSports
02-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Summers (10 - 12 years old)

Baseball every day, spending time with my cousins and friends playing ball, having dirt clod fights in the back yard of my grandmother's house, kickball in the streets, baseball in the streets using a tennis ball and baseball bat, bike riding (doing wheelys up and down the street), going fishing for crawdads with a some string and a piece of bacon.

I would not change my life but if I had to pick one age to be forever it would be 12 years old. There was nothing better than being a 12 year old in the 60's. NO iPods, no video games, no sex on TV, no cable, no responsibilities just fun and good times.

Bearkat
02-16-2007, 10:57 AM
The wonderful immagination that you have as a child.

pirate4state
02-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Bearkat
The wonderful immagination that you have as a child.

Mine is still intact :devil: :D

Dogman_1969
02-16-2007, 11:05 AM
My grand father. He always seemed to be at peace with everything. I could just look at him and feel a calm presence. I miss that. I sure wish he could see my two sons and sit in that old lawn chair by his 1966 Chevrolet truck. I'd give anything if he could watch my sons play baseball from that chair like he watched me when I was a kid.

Some memories never fade............

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-16-2007, 11:15 PM
I miss those three and a half hour drives to Nacogdoches every other weekend to see my grandparents, the basketball games until it was too dark to see with my brothers, doing stupid stuff to get "bold points," and thinking that nothing ever bad was going to happen to me.

stangGirl2007
02-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Adidas4I0s
Doug

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/f/f3/Doug_cartoon.gif

Doug is an awesome show!
I haven't watched that in FOREVER. Someone told me it still comes on sometimes but I can't figure out when:thinking:

Emerson1
02-16-2007, 11:56 PM
According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug

It hasn't aired since 2004

rundoe
02-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Summers (10 - 12 years old)

Baseball every day, spending time with my cousins and friends playing ball, having dirt clod fights in the back yard of my grandmother's house, kickball in the streets, baseball in the streets using a tennis ball and baseball bat, bike riding (doing wheelys up and down the street), going fishing for crawdads with a some string and a piece of bacon.

I would not change my life but if I had to pick one age to be forever it would be 12 years old. There was nothing better than being a 12 year old in the 60's. NO iPods, no video games, no sex on TV, no cable, no responsibilities just fun and good times.

You just described a lot of my youth.

We could even take our break down Western Field single shot 20 ga. shot guns to school on our bikes. Keep in the Coat Room in our school and go straight to dove hunting after school. Nobody ever said a word, cept to leave them there during school.

We had this place that we camped a lot as Boy Scouts. The first thing we would do is use bacon on a string to catch a bunch of crawdads. we'd wrap them in foil, with pototes, carrots, onions and butter and spices and bury them about 4" under the ground. Thats where we would build our fire for the weekend.

After the weekend camp, we'd douce the fire, bury the ashes, dig up the packages and have it for our meal before driving home. mmmmmmmmmm

lepfan
02-17-2007, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Not having any bills to pay!:) OMG!!! That was the first thing that popped into my head....then I decided to read everyone's comments before I posted mine. :)

Who-dun-it!!?
02-17-2007, 02:03 AM
I grew up with four sisters. I miss all there friends spending the night.:devil: :devil: :devil:

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-17-2007, 03:57 AM
i agree with talena about enjoying the freedom of being a young adult. right now however, i have the repsonsibility of being an NCO, so im not sure its the same as what she is feeling...lol. i miss walking through the trails and going crawdad fishing. i didnt really realize how far accross the state that went. when i have kids, im gonna be sure to teach them all the cool stuff about being a kid and having fun. i also miss riding a bike it it being fun, not a means of transportation to work. (i.e. out here where im at) i miss building clubhouses and trying to pretend that it was a supersecret fort and no one would ever find it or me and my friends.

olddawggreen
02-17-2007, 09:45 AM
I miss my Grandparents ranch in Oatmeal, Texas, where I grew up. It’s where I learned to hunt, to work "hard", to appreciate the land and to enjoy my solitude. I could hunt before going to school and after getting home. On my days off I could spend the day on my horse or fishing on one of the spring fed stock tanks on the creek. It’s where I learned what it meant to grow up on a "working" ranch and the responsibility of raising livestock and crops.
As I grew older and got involved in high school, the ranch seemed a loooong way from town, where I thought "everything was happening", I reached a point where I would have given anything to leave the ranch and live in town. Years later when talking to some of my friends at a reunion, (they had grown up in town) they told me that back then they would have given anything to have had what I had. The sad thing is that you don't always fully appreciate what you have until it’s gone.

While I still own part of it, the ranch has been divided up among family members and sold off by those that cared nothing about it. We now have about a 1/10th of what it was, but what I still have is sacred ground, to be fully appreciated and enjoyed.

A long time ago I came to the conclusion that the old saying "Its a shame God wasted youth on the young" has a lot of merit!
:) :)

olddawggreen
02-18-2007, 10:20 AM
And Fizzies:(