PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Ebby Neptune (Todd Dodge's father-in-law)...

g$$
02-16-2007, 03:55 AM
Please keep Todd Dodge's father-in-law in your prayers (wife's father). Ebby Neptune suffered a stroke recently & has not been doing well after some complications like pneumonia. Ebby is a long-time friend of my family (Sweeny boy) who put Austin Westlake on the map & their stadium bears his name. Best wishes to him & the family. He's a fine man.

(FYI: If you watched the state game on tv, they interviewed him on the sidelines as they were playing Westlake & his grandson Riley was QBing SLC.)

burnet44
02-16-2007, 09:01 AM
I intervied with him many years ago for an asst. fb/head track job
I dint get it but he made me feel like I was the best one there
I talked to him frequently at coaching school.
He is a great guy

Prayers for him and his family

dogdad
02-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Coach Neptune will be in our prayers. I never met him but I know what a great man he is.

g$$
02-16-2007, 04:09 PM
ttt

gato 76
02-17-2007, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Please keep Todd Dodge's father-in-law in your prayers (wife's father). Ebby Neptune suffered a stroke recently & has not been doing well after some complications like pneumonia. Ebby is a long-time friend of my family (Sweeny boy) who put Austin Westlake on the map & their stadium bears his name. Best wishes to him & the family. He's a fine man.

(FYI: If you watched the state game on tv, they interviewed him on the sidelines as they were playing Westlake & his grandson Riley was QBing SLC.)

g$$ if im not mistaken Ebby Neptune also coached in Bay City with Charlie Spano back in the day.

g$$
02-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
g$$ if im not mistaken Ebby Neptune also coached in Bay City with Charlie Spano back in the day.

I think you are right. I met Coach Spano when he was at Terry HS years ago (early '80s). My Dad knew him well, etc. The coaching tree always seems to have many branches!

gato 76
02-20-2007, 06:47 AM
G$$ did you know any of coach spano kids.I know Kyle is at Stephenville with Chad Morris and his son Kody Spano is a blue chip QB for Stephenville.I don't know what Grant does or if he got into coaching.Do you know where coach Spano is now,just wondering ran into one of his former players from Bay City at a restruant in the Woodlands,this guy was alldistrict played LB his name was Mark Dennard.I think he owns a chains of wings & more in college staition.Any way we talking about the days he played in Bay City,and was also wondering what happen to his teammate Raymond Holt.Let me know where charlie spano lives and when im back in that area i will let them know.

g$$
03-09-2007, 02:55 AM
I know Mark Dennard & kids well - he played center for many years in the NFL for Miami & Cleveland. Decent guy, done well in business. Have not talked to Coach Spano in years. Mark lives in CS. Coach Spano is still living but good luck from there.

QUOTE]Originally posted by gato 76
G$$ did you know any of coach spano kids.I know Kyle is at Stephenville with Chad Morris and his son Kody Spano is a blue chip QB for Stephenville.I don't know what Grant does or if he got into coaching.Do you know where coach Spano is now,just wondering ran into one of his former players from Bay City at a restruant in the Woodlands,this guy was alldistrict played LB his name was Mark Dennard.I think he owns a chains of wings & more in college staition.Any way we talking about the days he played in Bay City,and was also wondering what happen to his teammate Raymond Holt.Let me know where charlie spano lives and when im back in that area i will let them know. [/QUOTE]