PDA

View Full Version : ps3

DU_stud04
02-16-2007, 12:21 AM
why is it the more i play it the more i like it???? i think i may end up buying one.....

NDFootball
02-16-2007, 12:30 AM
wait til it drops its price a little

SintonFan
02-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
why is it the more i play it the more i like it???? i think i may end up buying one.....
I saw two at Sam's today but no Wii.:p

NDFootball
02-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I saw two at Sam's today but no Wii.:p

I have a Wii that I'm trying to sell...:p

DU_stud04
02-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by NDFootball
wait til it drops its price a little i think ill end up getting one when i move into the new apartment, which wont be till august, hopefully it goes down by then. if not ohwell.... they're freakin sweet.

NDFootball
02-16-2007, 12:35 AM
i think ill end up getting one when i move into the new apartment, which wont be till august, hopefully it goes down by then. if not ohwell.... they're freakin sweet.

yeah they are...if the price drops i'm pretty sure it's going to be this summer. I think that's what I read somewhere.

SintonFan
02-16-2007, 12:37 AM
I have a Wii that I'm trying to sell...:p
And are you asking what you Wii is worth?:hand:

DU_stud04
02-16-2007, 12:39 AM
yeah they are...if the price drops i'm pretty sure it's going to be this summer. I think that's what I read somewhere. i havent really payed attention to the details in these gaming systems,.....till now. blue ray disk, 60 gig hd, wireless/bluetooth.....

its not just a gaming system anymore, its a computer. finished a game of madden then checked my facebook without having to get up hahaha

NDFootball
02-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
And are you asking what you Wii is worth?:hand:

I'm open for negotiating...;)

I'm tryin to sell it b/c I decided I need a new PC more than I need a Wii right now. I have a couple of games for it including the new Zelda it's as good as everyone says (b'.')b

NDFootball
02-16-2007, 12:44 AM
i havent really payed attention to the details in these gaming systems,.....till now. blue ray disk, 60 gig hd, wireless/bluetooth.....

its not just a gaming system anymore, its a computer. finished a game of madden then checked my facebook without having to get up hahaha

ps3's are amazing no doubt

SintonFan
02-16-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm open for negotiating...;)

I'm tryin to sell it b/c I decided I need a new PC more than I need a Wii right now. I have a couple of games for it including the new Zelda it's as good as everyone says (b'.')b
Go to Craigslist.org to sell it. Someone will buy it quick, no doubt.:)

99IHSMustang
02-16-2007, 01:39 AM
ps3's are amazing no doubt

Oblivion, MGS4, Assassins Creed are just a few that are going to get more people buying the PS3. I can't wait for Assasins Creed to come out.

NDFootball
02-16-2007, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Oblivion, MGS4, Assassins Creed are just a few that are going to get more people buying the PS3. I can't wait for Assasins Creed to come out.

Assassins is also coming out for the 360. Oblivion is already out for the 360 :P and it's AWESOME.

MGS4 will be the reason I buy a ps3...that plus the final fantasy series

JR2004
02-16-2007, 02:29 AM
Those Wii's are overstocked now. Once they became readily available the demand for them went way down. I was at Wal-Mart this evening and they were just sitting there in the case.

Adidas4I0s
02-16-2007, 10:50 AM
yeah they are...if the price drops i'm pretty sure it's going to be this summer. I think that's what I read somewhere.

there was an announcement a while back and the price won't drop until either 2008 or 2009 if I remember correctly.

mwynn05
02-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Oblivion, MGS4, Assassins Creed are just a few that are going to get more people buying the PS3. I can't wait for Assasins Creed to come out. not so much maybe MGS but not the others because they are coming out on 360 too...really the systems are about the same....and buying blu-ray could be a bad investment because of the format war and what good is bluray if you odnt have an hd tv....ps3's are overstocked just sitting around right now too because the price is just too much

spiveyrat
02-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Adidas4I0s
there was an announcement a while back and the price won't drop until either 2008 or 2009 if I remember correctly.

Yeah, since they're losing money ($200 on the 60gig and $300 on the 20gig) on every one they sell, I doubt there will be a price drop any time soon.

With each online update I get, I love mine more and more.

Sounds like someone on this thread wants the PS3 to fail. :thinking: :rolleyes:

DU_stud04
02-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Yeah, since they're losing money ($200 on the 60gig and $300 on the 20gig) on every one they sell, I doubt there will be a price drop any time soon.

Sounds like someone on this thread wants the PS3 to fail. :thinking: :rolleyes: what games do you have for your ps3???? maybe we can catch a game of online sometime.

mwynn05
02-16-2007, 11:38 AM

Sounds like someone on this thread wants the PS3 to fail. :thinking: :rolleyes: MS is losing money on the actual 360 right now too...im thinking thats what im going to go with bc its what my friend has so we can play the same games and such.....that and most of the games im going to play are sports games and they are going to be the same on both so i will save my $200....but i really would like that 60 gig hard drive...but i also really like that 360 controller...ps2 online sucked so i would imagine ps3 online would suck also because it is also free...free is good but the service just doesnt compare (well ps2 didnt)

spiveyrat
02-16-2007, 12:08 PM
what games do you have for your ps3???? maybe we can catch a game of online sometime.

COD3 is what I play online ALL the time! Luv that game online! I also have Blazing Angels. I have some Christmas money I need to take and go get ResistanceFOM. I also plan to get the new baseball game that's coming out soon.

Here's an interesting article. I think the pre-orders they are speaking of are in Europe since they haven't released the PS3 in Europe yet. There's also an interesting tid-bit about Blu Ray in the article.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22810

mwynn: I've never seen the Xbox online, so I have no idea what it has to offer. Sony's online store is a little lacking, but they put out new stuff every couple of weeks or so. I expect that they'll start doing a beter job after the European launch in March. If they don't, it's at their own peril.

mwynn05
02-16-2007, 12:10 PM
COD3 is what I play online ALL the time! Luv that game online! I also have Blazing Angels. I have some Christmas money I need to take and go get ResistanceFOM. I also plan to get the new baseball game that's coming out soon.

Here's an interesting article. I think the pre-orders they are speaking of are in Europe since they haven't released the PS3 in Europe yet. There's also an interesting tid-bit about Blu Ray in the article.

mwynn: I've never seen the Xbox online, so I have no idea what it has to offer. Sony's online store is a little lacking, but they put out new stuff every couple of weeks or so. I expect that they'll start doing a beter job after the European launch in March. If they don't, it's at their own peril. well what i didnt like about ps2 was the servers just sucked and when its free you have people who cheat and stuff and xbl has all kinds of updates and you can buy like little arcade games with points

DU_stud04
02-16-2007, 12:11 PM

ummm, idk what the shooting game is called.....its fun though, and madden. ive played those this morning after workout downstairs on the 56''hdtv. it was amaaaaaazing. :)

spiveyrat
02-16-2007, 12:21 PM
ummm, idk what the shooting game is called.....its fun though, and madden. ive played those this morning after workout downstairs on the 56''hdtv. it was amaaaaaazing. :)

Probably either:
Resistance: Fall of Man or
Call of Duty 3

Have you registered on this forum yet?
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation

DU_stud04
02-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Probably either:
Resistance: Fall of Man or
Call of Duty 3

Have you registered on this forum yet?
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation :shrugs:
i think its resistance:fall of man.

:shrugs again:

:D

spiveyrat
02-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
well what i didnt like about ps2 was the servers just sucked and when its free you have people who cheat and stuff

not sure what you're talking about here... :confused:

and xbl has all kinds of updates and you can buy like little arcade games with points

PS3 also gets periodic software updates and you can also buy/download small games for PS3 or PSP as well as download free game demos, game trailers, movie (blu ray) trailers, etc.

spiveyrat
02-16-2007, 12:33 PM
:shrugs:
i think its resistance:fall of man.

:shrugs again:

:D

ROFL!!! do you shoot other soldiers or aliens?

DU_stud04
02-16-2007, 12:33 PM
is it just me or is the l2 r2 button/triggers really sensitive????

DU_stud04
02-16-2007, 12:34 PM
ROFL!!! do you shoot other soldiers or aliens? aliens..... most of the time..... :D

spiveyrat
02-16-2007, 12:39 PM
is it just me or is the l2 r2 button/triggers really sensitive????

Yeah, sometimes i throw grenades and blow up my own guys on accident. :eek:

If you're shooting aliens (most of the time, {that's funny!}) then it is R:FOM.

Who's have you been playing?

DU_stud04
02-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah, sometimes i throw grenades and blow up my own guys on accident. :eek:

If you're shooting aliens (most of the time, {that's funny!}) then it is R:FOM.

Who's have you been playing? this one wierd guy bought one in the dorm and a few game.....the wierd thing is that he's played it once..... and lets people borrow it. so for the past 2 weeks, all day and night the ps3 has been on the big screen downstairs and been played ever since. i love that we have wireless down there. online action is fun on that tv. anyways, i played deathmatch the other day for the first time, ended up getting an 11 kill streak, everyone thought i was god hahahahaha

spiveyrat
02-16-2007, 01:19 PM
this one wierd guy bought one in the dorm and a few game.....the wierd thing is that he's played it once..... and lets people borrow it. so for the past 2 weeks, all day and night the ps3 has been on the big screen downstairs and been played ever since. i love that we have wireless down there. online action is fun on that tv. anyways, i played deathmatch the other day for the first time, ended up getting an 11 kill streak, everyone thought i was god hahahahaha

:eek: Obviously he didn't pay for it himself if he's just letting people borrow it like that. Wow! I don't even let people look at mine! :D

I downloaded the demo of RFOM from the PS Store and have played a couple of levels. It's pretty cool. I just need to go get it...

DU_stud04
02-16-2007, 01:41 PM
:eek: Obviously he didn't pay for it himself if he's just letting people borrow it like that. Wow! I don't even let people look at mine! :D

I downloaded the demo of RFOM from the PS Store and have played a couple of levels. It's pretty cool. I just need to go get it... he is one of those who will do anything to get a "friend"

TMer25
02-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Right now in my house, the 360 gets the most use, with the Wii a close second and the PS3 last. So far all of the cross platform games lie COD3, Tony Hawk 8, and Madden seem to look and play better on the 360. It will be intresting to see if EA does what they did with the PS2 and first X Box, and make games for the lower powered machine, and then just port them to the higher power machine.

Keith7
02-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
Right now in my house, the 360 gets the most use, with the Wii a close second and the PS3 last. So far all of the cross platform games lie COD3, Tony Hawk 8, and Madden seem to look and play better on the 360. It will be intresting to see if EA does what they did with the PS2 and first X Box, and make games for the lower powered machine, and then just port them to the higher power machine.

ha my friends and I hate the ea sports football games on the 360.. they just don't feel right, and it seems like madden "dumbed down".. but playing it, you can see there is alot of potential and I think within the next couple of years it will get better

TMer25
02-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
ha my friends and I hate the ea sports football games on the 360.. they just don't feel right, and it seems like madden "dumbed down".. but playing it, you can see there is alot of potential and I think within the next couple of years it will get better

They dont really feel right to me on the 360 or PS3. Madden 07 and Guitar Hero 2 are the only 2 games that keep my PS2 in use.

bulldogman06
02-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Haha, Oblivion is awesome, I have it on 360, and that game is outta control.

DU_stud04
02-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Haha, Oblivion is awesome, I have it on 360, and that game is outta control. do you play ps3 online.... i was owning this guy with your name(bulldogman06) this morning playing resistance:fall of man.

spiveyrat
02-19-2007, 03:14 PM
ps3's are overstocked just sitting around right now too because the price is just too much

I was thinking about this the other day and haven't had time to follow up til now... but the 360 and ps3 are priced pretty comparably if you consider features. In order to get the 360 similarly capable to the PS3, at the very least, you have to add a $200 HD-DVD drive and a $100 wireless network adapter which shoots the price OVER that of the PS3.

However, the fact the the 360 gives you the CHOICE as to whether you want those things is nice. Like me, i have the high end PS3, but I wanted the low-end one. I didn't need the wireless networking capability (because I have mine connected by wire) and so far, I haven't used any of the multi-media ports. Although, I imagine I will at some point. I didn't think I would need the 60 gig of hard drive space as opposed to the 20 gig. But the extra space is nice. It will be able to hold lots of games, demos, video, etc.

DU_stud04
02-19-2007, 03:22 PM
I was thinking about this the other day and haven't had time to follow up til now... but the 360 and ps3 are priced pretty comparably if you consider features. In order to get the 360 similarly capable to the PS3, at the very least, you have to add a $200 HD-DVD drive and a $100 wireless network adapter which shoots the price OVER that of the PS3.

However, the fact the the 360 gives you the CHOICE as to whether you want those things is nice. Like me, i have the high end PS3, but I wanted the low-end one. I didn't need the wireless networking capability (because I have mine connected by wire) and so far, I haven't used any of the multi-media ports. Although, I imagine I will at some point. I didn't think I would need the 60 gig of hard drive space as opposed to the 20 gig. But the extra space is nice. It will be able to hold lots of games, demos, video, etc. i love the wireless connection. that is the only way we can play on the big screen unless we run a 100 foot wire from the nearest room.....:D

spiveyrat
02-19-2007, 03:29 PM
i love the wireless connection. that is the only way we can play on the big screen unless we run a 100 foot wire from the nearest room.....:D Yeah, a cable that long would cost $$$. Me, I only needed 15 feet. More like 10 or 12, actually.

HM33
02-19-2007, 03:35 PM
I have like a 50ft cord :).... took it from our old school they were about to tear down :P.... works great.

un b weavable
02-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Does anyone know if you can change the output settings without the cords? Here's my problem, my output settings are currently set for component, but i dont have the component cables and i need to change it back to hdmi. Does anyone know if this is even possible?

spiveyrat
02-20-2007, 08:04 AM
for ps3 or 360?

for ps3, i think all you have to do is hook it up while it's off. press and hold the "on" button for like 10 seconds, and it resets the video. then you can go in to the menu and change it to whatever you want.

Emerson1
02-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Yeah, a cable that long would cost $$$. Me, I only needed 15 feet. More like 10 or 12, actually.
I got 250 feet of ethernet cable, connectors and a stripper/crimper for $20 at best buy. I had a employee discount though.

spiveyrat
02-21-2007, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I got 250 feet of ethernet cable, connectors and a stripper/crimper for $20 at best buy. I had a employee discount though.

But how much would it have been if it was a "ready-made" one without an employee discount?

Emerson1
02-21-2007, 07:02 PM
$80 I think. Still a pretty good deal.