PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant...could stay at UT for another year!!

Pmoney
02-15-2007, 06:52 PM
The father of Texas freshman Kevin Durant said it's not a sure thing the Big 12's leading scorer will enter June's NBA Draft.

There's a chance he would come back to Texas next year," Durant's father, Wayne Pratt, told the Dallas Morning News. "Kevin is so young. There's not a rush for him to go to the NBA. Right now, we're not even talking about that. We're talking about winning the Big 12, and Kevin continuing to progress academically."

Durant is averaging 24.9 points and 11.4 rebounds per game for the Longhorns (18-7, 8-3 Big 12). The 18-year-old wants to focus on this season and not his future.

"Right now, I'm trying to win games at Texas," Durant told the newspaper. "That's all I'm thinking about."

Some draft experts believe Durant could go No. 1 or No. 2 in the NBA draft. The deadline for underclassmen to enter the draft is April 29.

"Kevin is enjoying college life," Pratt told the Dallas Morning News. "He's grown from a young boy to a young man, and he's doing well academically, which is most important to me and my wife."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2766880

bulldogman06
02-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Jeez, if he stays with that young group they have at Texas they aer definitely a contender next year

tigerpride_08
02-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Jeez, if he stays with that young group they have at Texas they aer definitely a contender next year

sounds about right to me...:)

awizzy
02-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
next year how bout this year...okay maybe not but ill say this i would hate to have to play UT in the Big Dance espically second or third round bc you only have a few days to prepare for a guy like durant...would not shock me to see UT to win two or three games or neither would shock me to see them get blown out in the first round. However, hes not gonna stay her crazy if he does

g$$
02-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Not gonna happen. $$ will be too much to turn down after the season. Kid is 18 & will be a multi-millionaire in June.

I truly hope he stays b/c it is good for the college game. But slim chance it happens IMO. Great talent no doubt.

injuredinmelee
02-15-2007, 08:10 PM
not a chance in hell Durant stays.