02-15-2007, 12:35 PM
between a bad strain and a muscle tear?

how does it feel? help? :(

CHS_CG
02-15-2007, 01:11 PM
another problem of working out?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Go to a massage therapist and they will tell you which one you have.

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Not sure that I have a good answer, but when my son was playing football last year and was re-injured, from the top of his thigh (in the back) to almost his knee turned black over night from internal bleeding. This was after a trip to the emergency room and injections of pain killers the night before.

Hopefully, yours isn't that bad and you will recover soon. Don't overdo it though, because my son was recovering from a muscle strain when the aforementioned happened.

Txbroadcaster
02-15-2007, 02:25 PM
depending on what muscle..if you actually tear it clean, then the muscle will ball up at one end and you will lose a ton of strength.

a strain hurts like hell, but the muscle is still intact and you have still have decent strength thru the pain

Black_Magic
02-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
between a bad strain and a muscle tear?

how does it feel? help? :( they are the same thing just different degrees of the tear or strain.

burnet44
02-15-2007, 02:37 PM
strain stretches the muscle more than it usually stretches
proper stretching and warm up are important
you will have some discomfort but its usually not to bad
its a strain

a tear is exactly what it says
the muscle is torn
so there will be bleeding in the muscle
a tear is painfull
and takes a while to heal
rest is paramount
ice will help stop the internal bleeding
the tear must heal completly before resuming activities
other wise you will tear the muscle again and it will never heal

its kinda like an ankle sparin (stretched ligaments)
and a torn ankle where the ligaments are torn

tears are pain full
depending on the severity of the tear

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
strain stretches the muscle more than it usually stretches
proper stretching and warm up are important
you will have some discomfort but its usually not to bad
its a strain

a tear is exactly what it says
the muscle is torn
so there will be bleeding in the muscle
a tear is painfull
rest is paramount
ice will help stop the internal bleeding
the tear must heal completly before resuming activities
other wise you will tear the muscle again and it will never heal

its kinda like an ankle sparin (stretched ligaments)
and a torn ankle where the ligaments are torn

tears are pain full
depending on the severity of the tear

I tore my hamstring almost all the way across, and it took that baby seven months to heal. I also partially tore some ligaments and tendons in my ankle playing basketball and that took around 4 months to heal. It sucks, so let's hope for just a strain. A massage therapist can help stretch your muscle out, because when you tear or strain something, your body makes the muscles tense up to limit blood flow, which in turn causes pain and keeps you from wanting to use the musle or put pressure on a foot where the ankle has been strained. The stretching the therapist will do is painful, but it provides the necessary circulation to help the muscle heal faster by providing more antibodies to the affected area. The sooner you go, the less painful and more beneficial the stretching is. If you go today, you will have a lot faster results than if you let the muscle remain in a tensed position. Muscle memory will make the muscle more prone to be tighter and harder to stretch. You get the whole idea, so go look in the yellow pages and find a massage therapist near you.

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Another thing our trainer did for my son was to send home a shock treatment thing (I obviously have no idea what it is called). I guess it served the same purpose of stimulating the muscles to promote healing.

I agree, you need to see someone and the sooner the better.