PDA

View Full Version : What job "professions" bug you the most???

Adidas410s
02-15-2007, 11:55 AM
For me it HAS to be ticket brokers. You could make a case for used car dealers...but I've had a few good experiences along with some really bad car buying experiences. Buying/selling tickets...there is never a good experience. What bugs me the most is when brokers from Massachusetts are buying up huge lots of tickets to concerts in Dallas just to make a buck. The only "plus side" is when you get tickets below face value and you know that the guy lost money on the deal. Sorry...just ranting for a few...

kaorder1999
02-15-2007, 11:55 AM
insurance companies

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
insurance companies

agreed....but I would narrow it down even further to medical insurance.:thinking:

mistanice
02-15-2007, 12:02 PM
tow truck drivers

shankbear
02-15-2007, 12:05 PM
lawyers........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................and I am one!!!!!!!

pirate44
02-15-2007, 12:12 PM
legal secretaries

Blastoderm55
02-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Pawn brokers

kaorder1999
02-15-2007, 12:18 PM
you dont HAVE to deal with Pawn Brokers....so they dont bother me much

Blastoderm55
02-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
you dont HAVE to deal with Pawn Brokers....so they dont bother me much

You do when your customers pawn your stuff. :mad: Or when your class ring gets stolen and melted down. :mad: Or when the youngest brother of my stepmom's family starts pawning anything of worth just to get his meth fix. :mad:

Wish I didn't have to deal with them.

crzyjournalist03
02-15-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm looking for a job right now, and I'd have to say the profession that bugs me the most right now is "sales". Everybody is hiring in sales, and they list jobs in other categories, and when you go to the interview, they tell you you'll be working sales for a couple of years before you get the job you want!!! :mad:

BTW, if anybody in the DFW metroplex knows of somewhere looking for a full-time employee who has tremendous sports knowledge, writing abilities, copy editing skills, etc., let me know!!!

kaorder1999
02-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I'm looking for a job right now, and I'd have to say the profession that bugs me the most right now is "sales". Everybody is hiring in sales, and they list jobs in other categories, and when you go to the interview, they tell you you'll be working sales for a couple of years before you get the job you want!!! :mad:

BTW, if anybody in the DFW metroplex knows of somewhere looking for a full-time employee who has tremendous sports knowledge, writing abilities, copy editing skills, etc., let me know!!!

tremendous sports knowledge?

Blastoderm55
02-15-2007, 12:23 PM

Getting a job in journalism is tough. My fiancee has her bachelor of journalism from UT and is stuck doing accounting.

kaorder1999
02-15-2007, 12:23 PM
i have a degree in Journalism and i am teaching and coaching!

Adidas410s
02-15-2007, 12:28 PM

The Texas Rangers were hiring a statistician for their website. I thought about applying but you have to be at EVERY game...and I might want a few nights off.

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03 BTW, if anybody in the DFW metroplex knows of somewhere looking for a full-time employee who has tremendous sports knowledge, writing abilities, copy editing skills, etc., let me know!!!

If you were in our area, you would be qualified for any number of small community newspapers and probably even the Corpus Christi Caller Times. The local papers are hiring all the time, having problems keeping good employees etc...

Are there any rural newspapers published in your area? I am totally unfamiliar with the DFW Metroplex, but do know the publisher of our local paper which is highly regarded in a company that owns about 19 other community newspapers in Texas. Do you have any interest in relocating or is this even the type of job you are interested in?

BuffyMars
02-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Telemarketers...and incompetent landmen...:D

Bullaholic
02-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Doctors. Only profession that I know of that you can get paid for every visit whether you cure the patient or not. I'm sure I could get away with that in my business.

CHS_CG
02-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
legal secretaries

poor rita:D

bobcat1
02-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Most Professional Athletes! Friggin' babies!:mad:

Txbroadcaster
02-15-2007, 02:34 PM
This will sound funny coming from me

But sports talk hosts bug me..The world of sports talk radio is a bunch of people who think they are bigger than the sport. Think they can coach better than the coaches, and play better than the players.

Debate is greatness..Trashing a person day in and day out without truly knowing their job is pure BS to me