PDA

View Full Version : Tarleton State MLK party investigation is complete

jason
02-15-2007, 10:41 AM
letter from the President of TSU (http://www.tarleton.edu/News/20070214%5FMcCabe%5FMLK%5FStatement/)

Statement From the President Regarding MLK Incident
By Dennis McCabe / President, Tarleton State University
February 14, 2007

Tarleton State University officials have completed their review of the incident involving students at an off-campus party held on the MLK holiday.

A thorough and full investigation has been completed with the students who were involved with the event. Each student was interviewed. Sanctions suitable for the circumstances have been assigned to these students.

A major element of the sanctions includes the students' mandatory involvement in the production of relevant educational programming. This educational component will result in learning opportunities for the entire university community, allowing for broad discussion and dialogue about diversity.

I know that the campus dialogue which has resulted from this unfortunate and offensive incident has, in fact, helped the entire Tarleton State University community increase its understanding and acceptance of all cultures. Further education and discussion is planned and can only reinforce the university's commitment to civility, integrity and diversity in all endeavors.

kaorder1999
02-15-2007, 10:47 AM
interesting!

jason
02-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
interesting! i thought so too, but it was off campus, non-university sponsored and was not hosted by a university organization...i dont see how they could do a whole lot....

kaorder1999
02-15-2007, 10:52 AM
if they are a member of that University, the University can who whatever they please. Doesnt matter where it was. Doesnt matter who sponsors it. Not saying that its right but its been like that for a LONG time