PDA

View Full Version : Which team has the most loyal fans?

VWG
10-28-2003, 10:56 PM
I would think that in parts of West Texas that they have the best fans. Reason being, is that they might have to travel up to 2 hours just for a district game. Which towns fill up the visitors' stands on a friday night?
I will put a vote in for the following:
Abilene Wylie- fans go the games in droves, arriving in new suburbans, etc... LOL
Sweetwater- gotta love the sea of red that might invade your stadium on any given friday night
Graham- this town follows the team... have seen games where the visitors from Graham have more people than the home team.
Maybe not 3A but Stephenville also dominates on the visitor side of the field in 4A. They come in with those jugs full of gunshot and make the stadium sound like it's about to explode!

pirateman98
10-28-2003, 11:04 PM
I would put my vote in for Sinton! Through thick and thin we have always been there for our teams. We have a faith bunch of people who go anywhere the teams goes. I would also have to say Burnet has some great fans as well. Others that I remember having equal to or greater than ours have been, Sweeney(91 I believe), Calallen, GP, Crockett(91), Cuero, Edna(93), and Port Isabel. I can't recall any other but I know these teams have great fans as well.

BurnetBandRules
10-28-2003, 11:05 PM
Okay, I know this website if for discussion so I am going to have to say BURNET. This isn't put to ruffle any feathers so please don't take offense. The ONLY times that we wont have a HUGE crowd is if we KNOW that the visitor stands wont be able to hold to droves of Burnet fans that normall accumulate a couple of hours before game time. There is ALWAYS just cause for us to bring less than 4,000 people! But, we Always have quite a few. Please, Burnet Bashers, don't take offense to this post. Just putting forth an answer to a question asked.

Gobbla2001
10-28-2003, 11:06 PM
pirateman98:
I would put my vote in for Sinton! Through thick and thin we have always been there for our teams. We have a faith bunch of people who go anywhere the teams goes. I would also have to say Burnet has some great fans as well. Others that I remember having equal to or greater than ours have been, Sweeney(91 I believe), Calallen, GP, Crockett(91), Cuero, Edna(93), and Port Isabel. I can't recall any other but I know these teams have great fans as well.I'll agree with Sinton...

Cuero? They're loyal for the most part, a lot travel to the games, just seem whiney sometimes...

Gobbla2001
10-28-2003, 11:07 PM
BurnetBandRules:
Okay, I know this website if for discussion so I am going to have to say BURNET. This isn't put to ruffle any feathers so please don't take offense. The ONLY times that we wont have a HUGE crowd is if we KNOW that the visitor stands wont be able to hold to droves of Burnet fans that normall accumulate a couple of hours before game time. There is ALWAYS just cause for us to bring less than 4,000 people! But, we Always have quite a few. Please, Burnet Bashers, don't take offense to this post. Just putting forth an answer to a question asked.Yah, you guys filled up Bastrop's stadium at our playoff game in '99...

PPHSfan
10-28-2003, 11:08 PM
Hands Down...Celina!

You can't even get a friggin Pizza delivered on Friday Night in Celina. That place is a ghost town on Friday nights cept for the football stadium, and if the Bobcats are out of town, there aint nobody within 10 miles of the place.

This is the Honest Truth. And I challenge anyone to be able to say that.

BurnetBandRules
10-28-2003, 11:11 PM
COME TO BURNET...I wont have to say anything.........

HotDawg89
10-28-2003, 11:11 PM
Don't get this started...and so the Burnet bashing will begin. . .

BurnetBandRules
10-28-2003, 11:13 PM
LOL Good point....sorry.....I'll shut up now...

vet93
10-29-2003, 09:31 AM
I think that the true mark of a loyal fan base is when they travel when the team is losing or having a bad year. It is easy to travel and support your team when they are flying high. Year in and Year out Ballinger has a very loyal fan base and usually has a large number of fans that go to both out of town and home games.

clay
10-29-2003, 09:42 AM
When I used to play Burnet they werent very good, and I dont remember them bringing very big crowds. It seems like everybody wants to jump on the Burnet Express these days.

CatWoman
10-29-2003, 09:43 AM
vet93:
I think that the true mark of a loyal fan base is when they travel when the team is losing or having a bad year. It is easy to travel and support your team when they are flying high. Year in and Year out Ballinger has a very loyal fan base and usually has a large number of fans that go to both out of town and home games.Vet, I was just about to post the same thing. When I was in high school, district champ went to the playoffs and we were not it, but our stands were always packed and just forget about a seat if we were playing Winters!

BrahmaMom
10-29-2003, 09:46 AM
To the above, many of which I have experienced as opposing fans, I have to add the Bellville crowd. We love our Brahmas. Probably the toughest opposing fans we've seen were Sinton and Burnet. The primary one we've since forged friendship and mutual respect with is Sinton. They were such gracious winners, the team and caoching staff taught our team a lot that day. Each one of the team and staff congratulated my son on the game he played that day, and searched him out later and invited him to their play-off games where he came to really like them. He is now playing college ball with Bubba Heard from that team, and is pleased to keep that connection.

spiveyrat
10-29-2003, 10:06 AM
PNG. They aren't 3A, but they have a big following. Some Golden Triangle area 3ADL'ers would probably back me on that. I'll post an image I've posted before that shows their record attendance...

http://www.pngindians.com/images/playoffrecords.gif

CatWoman
10-29-2003, 10:09 AM
CatWoman:

vet93:
I think that the true mark of a loyal fan base is when they travel when the team is losing or having a bad year. It is easy to travel and support your team when they are flying high. Year in and Year out Ballinger has a very loyal fan base and usually has a large number of fans that go to both out of town and home games.Vet, I was just about to post the same thing. When I was in high school, district champ went to the playoffs and we were not it, but our stands were always packed and just forget about a seat if we were playing Winters!I want to add, as a Ballinger Bearcat Fan, Abilene Wylie packs the visitors stands more than any other team we play in the regular season.

shellman54
10-29-2003, 10:11 AM
Barbers Hill always has a big following. They always fill the vistor stands whenever they play an away game.

District303aPastPlayer
10-29-2003, 10:18 AM
I have to agree we have a good following...

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: District303aPastPlayer ]</small>

Hottogo
10-29-2003, 10:26 AM
clay:
When I used to play Burnet they werent very good, and I dont remember them bringing very big crowds. It seems like everybody wants to jump on the Burnet Express these days.Every one likes a winner!

pirate4state
10-29-2003, 10:50 AM
BrahmaMom:
To the above, many of which I have experienced as opposing fans, I have to add the Bellville crowd. We love our Brahmas. Probably the toughest opposing fans we've seen were Sinton and Burnet. The primary one we've since forged friendship and mutual respect with is Sinton. They were such gracious winners, the team and caoching staff taught our team a lot that day. Each one of the team and staff congratulated my son on the game he played that day, and searched him out later and invited him to their play-off games where he came to really like them. He is now playing college ball with Bubba Heard from that team, and is pleased to keep that connection.I agree those Brahma fans were great!! That year we played in both football & baseball. And your fans were out in full support in all that RED! :) I'm glad your son & team have such a great memory of our players & coaching staff!! Those bunch of kids were really special!

I'd also have to mention Bridge City, Everman, Burnet & locally G-P.

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

heck
10-29-2003, 11:08 AM
Along these lines, a great fan base can be seen when the team hits the road for a 165 mile (one way) out of town game. You get to see/know the real fans then. I wonder how many of the more urban 3-A team's fans would travel that far on an Friday night? I have to agree that Sweetwater fans's do travel well.

Ranger Mom
10-29-2003, 11:12 AM
Greenwood has had a pretty good fan base the last couple of years!!

When we played Daingerfield last year, we had a rash of robberies here is Greenwood, because there was no one here to be the "Neighborhood Watch!!

St. Ivender
10-29-2003, 11:13 AM
Stephenville, again a non 3A team.

Burnet '94
10-29-2003, 11:21 AM
Burnet fans are comparable to most other schools' fans. When we're doing well, like now, we have an extremely supportive fan base. Maybe the best in the 3A. When we suck, like we did in '93, our stands are like a ghost town.

The last home game of my senior year we played in front of about 200 fans. They missed a great one though. 45-0 Burnet. Our only win of the year.

3afan
10-29-2003, 11:25 AM
Which team has the most loyal fans? ask 20 people from 20 different towns and you'll get 20 different answers. enuf said about that ....

I do think Burnet'94's answer can apply to anyone - win and you have loyal fans ... lose and you dont.

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

BulldogGrl64
10-29-2003, 11:33 AM
I second that answer....I think that every team has their truly loyal fans that go to every game through thick and thin, but at the same time....every school has their "loyal" fans that go to every game only when their team is winning. So as far as which team has the most loyal fans.....I would have to say the team that is wearing lavender and pink. :D

Bull's-eye
10-29-2003, 11:37 AM
LaGrange, Sealy, Rice, Sinton and Bellville have great fans!

BrahmaMom
10-29-2003, 12:23 PM
pirate4state:

BrahmaMom:
To the above, many of which I have experienced as opposing fans, I have to add the Bellville crowd. We love our Brahmas. Probably the toughest opposing fans we've seen were Sinton and Burnet. The primary one we've since forged friendship and mutual respect with is Sinton. They were such gracious winners, the team and caoching staff taught our team a lot that day. Each one of the team and staff congratulated my son on the game he played that day, and searched him out later and invited him to their play-off games where he came to really like them. He is now playing college ball with Bubba Heard from that team, and is pleased to keep that connection.I agree those Brahma fans were great!! That year we played in both football & baseball. And your fans were out in full support in all that RED! :) I'm glad your son & team have such a great memory of our players & coaching staff!! Those bunch of kids were really special!

I'd also have to mention Bridge City, Everman, Burnet & locally G-P.

BrahmaMom
10-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Okay, I tried to do the quote thing and failed miserably. Anyway, Pirates4state, I completely forgot we played you in baseball that year! That playoff game was so hot and I thought it'd be a double header. Y'all had a thin, elderly fan there who had such energy and enthusiasm, is he still attending for the Pirates? Those football players were on that baseball field. Lord, I recognized those names and cringed, we knew we were in for it. It was a very special group of athletes that year, they represented Sinton well.

CatsDen
10-29-2003, 12:37 PM
Ballinger made the biggest inmpression for me. They were loud and proud (especially that guy with the megaphone-he drove me nuts!).

Old Cardinal
10-29-2003, 03:15 PM
I think that Sinton, Barbers Hill and Orangefield rank at the top, for me. Anahuac and Kirbyville at the bottom. Bridge City has received a lot of fan compliments and I think it is great that they fill the stands in BC and also have more folks travel to watch; than the local folks can get out for District games. That's true, even in a rebuilding season.

BrahmaMom
10-29-2003, 03:38 PM
Ya know, since you listed the bottom, when Stafford came to our Pasture, they brought a big blow up tunnel (very impressive). But they brought a handful of fans. There isn't a tunnel in the world to make up for the cheers of moms, dads, students, grandparents, and boosters from town. I quietly cheered for them b/c we had a comfortable lead and I felt sorry for them (no, I wouldn't have cheered if we'd been behind, I 'm not that good a person).

mustang04
10-29-2003, 08:44 PM
ill have to say, even though i am a sweetwater player and youll think im just saying this cuz im from sweetwater, BUT! our fans travel any distance, we have a few that will wave us as we are leaving the school, floor it to a few blocks down, and repeat until we get out of town, and ours are always loud, i think that any team that had played sweetwater in the past can testify to this, i love our fans and i love the support and encouragement they give us...GO STANGS!...Greenwood does have a good fan section too, we'll see merkels this friday as they play us in our Mustang Bowl

lepfan
10-29-2003, 09:47 PM
LaGrange does have a great fan base...win or lose!!!!!

cant stop me
10-29-2003, 10:10 PM
man i think rockdale has the worst fans.... until playoffs then it seems like they want to be fans which pisses me off but o well

blue_tiger
10-29-2003, 10:43 PM
During the season, Daingerfield usually has a pretty decent following. Come playoff time though, I will go out on a limb and say their following is unmatched in 3A football.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-29-2003, 11:31 PM
It saddens me to see Gobbla, and the other Sinton fans not mention the fans from Port Isabel.

We come to the games in BIG numbers, we fill up the stands regardless if home game or away, and we're loud. Ask the older Sinton fans about the state quarterfinal game in 1990, or ask Gobbla or Old Green about the PI/Cuero game in 1994, and ask the Bandera fans about Bandera/PI 1994, and/or last year's game. They'll agree...

pirateman98
10-29-2003, 11:57 PM
pirateman98:
I would put my vote in for Sinton! Through thick and thin we have always been there for our teams. We have a faith bunch of people who go anywhere the teams goes. I would also have to say Burnet has some great fans as well. Others that I remember having equal to or greater than ours have been, Sweeney(91 I believe), Calallen, GP, Crockett(91), Cuero, Edna(93), and Port Isabel. I can't recall any other but I know these teams have great fans as well.I did say PI if you looked at my first message and I am not that old.

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: pirateman98 ]</small>

Old Green
10-30-2003, 05:33 AM
TarponFanInNorthTexas:
It saddens me to see Gobbla, and the other Sinton fans not mention the fans from Port Isabel.

We come to the games in BIG numbers, we fill up the stands regardless if home game or away, and we're loud. Ask the older Sinton fans about the state quarterfinal game in 1990, or ask Gobbla or Old Green about the PI/Cuero game in 1994, and ask the Bandera fans about Bandera/PI 1994, and/or last year's game. They'll agree...Port Isabel does have a huge following. I have witnessed P.I. in three games. Two playoff games (93,94) and one district game in 2001. They are very supportive of their team . Texas A&I Stadium in was filled to over capacity in 94. Fans are very loud.

BHKrystal06
10-30-2003, 07:15 AM
Barbers Hill fans go everywhere the team goes, and they always (well pretty much) fill up the opposing team side...

vet93
10-30-2003, 10:37 AM
Interesting you should mention megaphone man...he really got Greenwood fired up before the game in the playoffs...and he was so popular in the district games that the district teams voted to eliminate noise makers (including the megaphones) during all district events. He will probably return during the playoffs though!

CatsDen:
Ballinger made the biggest inmpression for me. They were loud and proud (especially that guy with the megaphone-he drove me nuts!).

Stangster
10-30-2003, 10:45 AM
VWG:
I would think that in parts of West Texas that they have the best fans. Reason being, is that they might have to travel up to 2 hours just for a district game. Which towns fill up the visitors' stands on a friday night?
I will put a vote in for the following:
Abilene Wylie- fans go the games in droves, arriving in new suburbans, etc... LOL
Sweetwater- gotta love the sea of red that might invade your stadium on any given friday night
Graham- this town follows the team... have seen games where the visitors from Graham have more people than the home team.
Maybe not 3A but Stephenville also dominates on the visitor side of the field in 4A. They come in with those jugs full of gunshot and make the stadium sound like it's about to explode!"Up to 2 Hours"??? I drove 3 hours to Denver City to watch the first game of District play. There was a sea of red on the visitor's side that night. Go Mustangs!

keep_it_real
10-30-2003, 02:16 PM
I cant say who has the best fans, obviously most people are gonna say their home town has the best fans if there is any support. BUT I WILL SAY THAT IM ROCKDALES BIGGEST FAN AND INSPIRATION TO THE GUYS THAT KNOW ME ON HERE!!!! IM IN COLLEGE BUT I MAKE THE TRIP EVERY WEEKEND TO THE GAME! ONE DAY I WILL BE COACHING...

CowboyFan
10-30-2003, 02:25 PM
This isn't 3A but Converse Judson, that play-off game last year against memorial, I've never seen so many people in the alamodome for there had to of been a good 14,000, from talking to people they always have large turn outs

Ranger Mom
10-30-2003, 02:28 PM
Interesting you should mention megaphone man...he really got Greenwood fired up before the game in the playoffs...and he was so popular in the district games that the district teams voted to eliminate noise makers (including the megaphones) during all district events. He will probably return during the playoffs though! I'm just glad I have a "name" to go with the "voice". It put it all into perspective for me!!

pirate4state
10-30-2003, 02:33 PM
BrahmaMom:
Okay, I tried to do the quote thing and failed miserably. Anyway, Pirates4state, I completely forgot we played you in baseball that year! That playoff game was so hot and I thought it'd be a double header. Y'all had a thin, elderly fan there who had such energy and enthusiasm, is he still attending for the Pirates? Those football players were on that baseball field. Lord, I recognized those names and cringed, we knew we were in for it. It was a very special group of athletes that year, they represented Sinton well.It is funny you mention that fan (elderly man) b/c none of us knew who he was! But you're right it was HOT & we were afraid it would turn into a double-header! eek! We had a series of games in San Antonio this past year & we all looked for him, but he didn't show??

And to TFINT: Sorry, I forgot to mention PI. I witnessed first hand how loud they can be. I watched a PI/Cuero baseball game (2002) & then this year's Sinton/PI match-up both in Kingsville. Boy were you guys loud!!

I also have to mention Cuero fans--that "Go Big Green" guy was really grating my nerves at this years game...I think it may have to do w/ the fact that we were losing 'cause I don't remember hearing him in last year's game! wink :D

therealbulldogs
10-30-2003, 02:36 PM
I'll have to agree with most people on here and say that Sinton has some loyal fans. When we played them at Alamo Stadium in San Antonio in 2000 they brought more fans than us and we had only a 1 hour drive.

SintonFan
10-30-2003, 02:38 PM
pirate4state:
I also have to mention Cuero fans--that "Go Big Green" guy was really grating my nerves at this years game...I think it may have to do w/ the fact that we were losing 'cause I don't remember hearing him in last year's game! wink :D Ditto! That guy giving me fits! "GOOOO BIIIIIG GREEEEEEN! GOOOO BIIIIIG GREEEEEEEEN!" I still wake up at night in a cold sweat hearing that! eek!

SintonFan
10-30-2003, 02:39 PM
therealbulldogs:
I'll have to agree with most people on here and say that Sinton has some loyal fans. When we played them at Alamo Stadium in San Antonio in 2000 they brought more fans than us and we had only a 1 hour drive.LOL
I only had a 15 minute drive.

pirate4state
10-30-2003, 02:39 PM
3afan:
Which team has the most loyal fans? ask 20 people from 20 different towns and you'll get 20 different answers. enuf said about that ....

I do think Burnet'94's answer can apply to anyone - win and you have loyal fans ... lose and you dont.Even in our losing seasons Sinton fans have come out to support our players. Besides, what else are you going to do in a small town?? :D Well, I could think of a few things... eek!

SintonFan
10-30-2003, 02:42 PM
pirate4state:

3afan:

I do think Burnet'94's answer can apply to anyone - win and you have loyal fans ... lose and you dont.Even in our losing seasons Sinton fans have come out to support our players. Besides, what else are you going to do in a small town?? :D Well, I could think of a few things... eek! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-040.gif http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-040.gif http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-040.gif

Bulldogs35YaYa
10-30-2003, 07:54 PM
Not sure on the most followers but I would like to say this. Out of all the playoff teams we played last year, Bellville fans were by far the most gracious fans that I encountered. I was overwelmed by the number of Bellville fans that took time to congratulate us on our win after the game. I never heard anything negative but only praise from that team and their fans!

Old Green
10-30-2003, 09:49 PM
SintonFan:

pirate4state:
I also have to mention Cuero fans--that "Go Big Green" guy was really grating my nerves at this years game...I think it may have to do w/ the fact that we were losing 'cause I don't remember hearing him in last year's game! wink :D Ditto! That guy giving me fits! "GOOOO BIIIIIG GREEEEEEN! GOOOO BIIIIIG GREEEEEEEEN!" I still wake up at night in a cold sweat hearing that! eek! WildGobbler is yelling "GOOOOO!!!! MEEEAAAN!!!!!GREEENNNN!!!!!!
Sinton fans are also loyal to their team and very loud.

slpybear the bullfan
10-30-2003, 10:18 PM
Show me a school that fills up the visitors stands after an hour and a half drive to watch their team drop another one to ensure they don't threaten a postseason birth... that is a town with great fans.

I have seen this and then seen the crowds when the team is winning. Two different crowds. But I got a special place in my heart for those fans of teams that struggle.

TIGER07
10-30-2003, 11:21 PM
Smithville went 0-10 last year and they still had to extend our home stands... THATS some loyal fans

SintonFan
10-31-2003, 04:15 AM
Old Green:

SintonFan:

pirate4state:
I also have to mention Cuero fans--that "Go Big Green" guy was really grating my nerves at this years game...I think it may have to do w/ the fact that we were losing 'cause I don't remember hearing him in last year's game! wink :D Ditto! That guy giving me fits! "GOOOO BIIIIIG GREEEEEEN! GOOOO BIIIIIG GREEEEEEEEN!" I still wake up at night in a cold sweat hearing that! eek! WildGobbler is yelling "GOOOOO!!!! MEEEAAAN!!!!!GREEENNNN!!!!!!
Sinton fans are also loyal to their team and very loud.Hehe, I must have been still thinking "OMG, that's some big boys on that team!" You can see my error in mixing the two. LOL

Old Green
10-31-2003, 06:06 AM
SintonFan:

Old Green:

SintonFan:

pirate4state:
Sinton fans are also loyal to their team and very loud.Hehe, I must have been still thinking "OMG, that's some big boys on that team!" You can see my error in mixing the two. LOLWildGobbler has a set of lungs on him don't he. I have been on the visitors side several times and I agree with you. :D