Ranger Mom
02-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
she loved the gift! Go me! haha

WOO HOO!!

I knew she would!!!!

kaorder1999
02-14-2007, 09:55 AM
went to the mall to get it and stopped at the Pet Store first...BIG MISTAKE! Cutest little chocolate lab puppy you've ever seen just staring at me....."Pick me...Please pick me"

Ranger Mom
02-14-2007, 09:56 AM
went to the mall to get it and stopped at the Pet Store first...BIG MISTAKE! Cutest little chocolate lab puppy you've ever seen just staring at me....."Pick me...Please pick me"

Sooo????

Did ya???

kaorder1999
02-14-2007, 10:00 AM
oh...no...i didnt....

Thought about it REAL hard though! Amanda and I looked at some dogs there the other day and one was twitching and just looked sick. Amanda was real concerned about it, as well was the other people there at the store and amanda mentinoed it to an employee who told her she didnt know what she was talking about. The dog was fine. Her exact words were " I've been doing this a long time and I know when a dog is sick and when they arent."

The next day, we had to go back tot he mall for something and Amanda asked for the manager and she told her what happened. She said that dog had been taken to the vet that morning because they thought it was dying. Amanda told her what the employee said to her and they fired her on the spot. It was HILARIOUS!!! Dog did get better though!! We checked up on him!

SO...long story short...we dont know what sicknesses have been going around that pet store so I didnt want to take the chance....Again....

44INAROW
02-14-2007, 10:07 AM

come on and get the chocolate lab. they make great pets (provided you have room for it) http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/RIOMAY2006002.jpg

Ranger Mom
02-14-2007, 10:07 AM
oh...no...i didnt....

Thought about it REAL hard though! Amanda and I looked at some dogs there the other day and one was twitching and just looked sick. Amanda was real concerned about it, as well was the other people there at the store and amanda mentinoed it to an employee who told her she didnt know what she was talking about. The dog was fine. Her exact words were " I've been doing this a long time and I know when a dog is sick and when they arent."

The next day, we had to go back tot he mall for something and Amanda asked for the manager and she told her what happened. She said that dog had been taken to the vet that morning because they thought it was dying. Amanda told her what the employee said to her and they fired her on the spot. It was HILARIOUS!!! Dog did get better though!! We checked up on him!

SO...long story short...we dont know what sicknesses have been going around that pet store so I didnt want to take the chance....Again....

Well...you know my next door neighbor breeds labs....so, if you want one, let me know. I would even be willing to deliver it to the Dallas area for you!!

kaorder1999
02-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well...you know my next door neighbor breeds labs....so, if you want one, let me know. I would even be willing to deliver it to the Dallas area for you!!

wow...what an offer!!! I will definitly take you up on it when its the right time! Will you find out what they sell them for.....

Ranger Mom
02-14-2007, 10:24 AM
wow...what an offer!!! I will definitly take you up on it when its the right time! Will you find out what they sell them for.....

Sure.....I don't think it's TOO pricey. If I remember correctly, Denise (the breeder) told me her female is purebred, but not registered, so she can't get top dollar for them because of that.

I am guessing since you adopted Hershey from a shelter, the fact that they don't come with papers isn't a factor.

kaorder1999
02-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sure.....I don't think it's TOO pricey. If I remember correctly, Denise (the breeder) told me her female is purebred, but not registered, so she can't get top dollar for them because of that.

I am guessing since you adopted Hershey from a shelter, the fact that they don't come with papers isn't a factor.

not at all....the only requirement I have is that they live longer then a week...

BuffyMars
02-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Awwwwww that lab is beautiful!

AND...I want to know what her gift was...;)

kaorder1999
02-14-2007, 10:58 AM
I got her a necklace that matches her engagement ring...

BuffyMars
02-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Nice, very nice!