PDA

View Full Version : Softball results 2/13/07

pirate4state
02-14-2007, 12:03 AM
First game of the year Lady Pirates did not look like the #3 team in the state against 4A Moody. WOW! Moody pitcher struck out 12 and scattered 3 hits. Final Score: Sinton 0 Moody 6.

Up next for the Lady Pirates - Aransas Pass tournament Thur-Sat. Good Luck Ladies. Enjoy practice! :)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Bellville 7
Conroe 6

Bellville lead 7-1 in the late innings, Bellville put the subs in and Conroe made it close.

BTEXDAD
02-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellville 7
Conroe 6

Bellville lead 7-1 in the late innings, Bellville put the subs in and Conroe made it close.

I didn't see the game, but If i've heard right, Bellville will get JV up and running by next week. Had to get a few more girls from Basketball.
After that, the concern of getting playing time for subs won't be as much of an issue.
Went to three way scrimmage Saturday with Bellville, Sealy and 4A Rosenberg Terry. Bellville beat Terry 11-4, and Sealy 1-0.
Sealy Scrimmage matched Holub from Sealy and Murphy for Bellville. Two of better pitchers in area. SEaly has very good team, but I think Terry will be only average in 4A.
Bellville made a few bonehead plays in the two scrimmages but also made some excellent plays. They have two pitchers, Murphy and Luetge capable of dominating a game, although Luetge had sprained an ankle Friday night and sat out the saturday scrimmages. Don't know if she played in the game Tuesday night(?)

nette_mom
02-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Luetge did not play defense, which left a huge hole. We were leading the game 7-2 in the 6th. Bellville played the 6-7th inning with only 3 starters in the game and the rest freshman and sophomores. Needless to say, the woodlands team capitalized on the situation. Bellville really hit the ball well and Murphy pitched awesome. The Woodlands team had some good hitters too.

AP Panther Fan
02-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
First game of the year Lady Pirates did not look like the #3 team in the state against 4A Moody. WOW! Moody pitcher struck out 12 and scattered 3 hits. Final Score: Sinton 0 Moody 6.

Up next for the Lady Pirates - Aransas Pass tournament Thur-Sat. Good Luck Ladies. Enjoy practice! :)

I think Moody always has a strong softball team...wonder if they are ranked.:thinking:

Look forward to seeing you on Thursday...better dress warm!:wave:

pirate4state
02-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I think Moody always has a strong softball team...wonder if they are ranked.:thinking:

Look forward to seeing you on Thursday...better dress warm!:wave:

I don't know if they are ranked or not. They hit the ball really well last night and they have one of the top pitchers in our area. I think they will do well in 4A this year.

I froze last night so I can just imagine what it's gonna be like tomorrow!! :eek: :eek: See ya then. :D

Ray_BearKat
02-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Raymondville lost last night to 5A Brownsville Porter 10 - 9 in 8 innings...:( heard it was a shoot out.

RiverRatDad
02-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Wharton 7, El Campo 4
Jael Ramirez (1-0) 8 K's , C. Viktorin scores 3 runs, B. Gutierrez 2 for 4, 3 RBI's

AP Panther Fan
02-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Aransas Pass Softball Opener 2/13/07

Aransas Pass Softball opened up their season in fine fashion as the JV and Varsity defeated Taft on Tuesday Night in Taft.
The JV won 10-4 while the Varsity came away with a 5 inning 12-3 victory. In the Varsity Game, pitcher Barbara Tharas picked up the win-limiting Taft to 3 hits while striking out 6. Leading Hitters for AP were Shelby Polasek who was 3-4/ 3 doubles, 2 runs scored and 2 RBI and Chrissy Marquardt, who was 2-3/ 1 double/1 run scored/1-1 SB

The Varsity will be hosting The "Bash at the Pass" Tournament 2/15-16-17/07 at Panther Field on the High School Campus. Teams participating in the Tournament include: Sinton-Madisonville-Industrial-Orange Grove-Rockport-Taft-AP.....
Aransas Pass is scheduled to play at 4:00 and 7:30 on all 3 days,weather permitting

pirate4state
02-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Aransas Pass Softball Opener 2/13/07

Aransas Pass Softball opened up their season in fine fashion as the JV and Varsity defeated Taft on Tuesday Night in Taft.
The JV won 10-4 while the Varsity came away with a 5 inning 12-3 victory. In the Varsity Game, pitcher Barbara Tharas picked up the win-limiting Taft to 3 hits while striking out 6. Leading Hitters for AP were Shelby Polasek who was 3-4/ 3 doubles, 2 runs scored and 2 RBI and Chrissy Marquardt, who was 2-3/ 1 double/1 run scored/1-1 SB

The Varsity will be hosting The "Bash at the Pass" Tournament 2/15-16-17/07 at Panther Field on the High School Campus. Teams participating in the Tournament include: Sinton-Madisonville-Industrial-Orange Grove-Rockport-Taft-AP.....
Aransas Pass is scheduled to play at 4:00 and 7:30 on all 3 days,weather permitting

Can't wait to see AP in action. I think they are gonna have a pretty good team this year. :clap: Barbara really impressed me last year, too bad she had to pitch at the JV level. :rolleyes: Stupid rules. :p

AP Panther Fan
02-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Can't wait to see AP in action. I think they are gonna have a pretty good team this year. :clap: Barbara really impressed me last year, too bad she had to pitch at the JV level. :rolleyes: Stupid rules. :p

I need to find out more about the make-up of our varsity and jv teams. I am uncertain how many freshmen made varsity, but we have an awesome group of freshmen (both boys and girls) athletically.

Don't know what our varsity chances at district are, but have a feeling that the jv chances might be pretty good. The young lady referenced in the article (Shelby) is a freshman and playing 3rd, I believe. For Phil C's benefit I hope she knocks one out of the park...odds are pretty good that might happen. :D

Phil C
02-14-2007, 01:00 PM
The Sinton JV's beat Moody JVs 10 to 3 when Moody finally showed up about an hour late. The game lasted only 3 1/2 innings I think. The pitcher for Sinton was AP Panther Fan's favorite Sinton pitcher who I am sure is going to be playing on the varsity soon.

AP Panther Fan
02-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The Sinton JV's beat Moody JVs 10 to 3 when Moody finally showed up about an hour late. The game lasted only 3 1/2 innings I think. The pitcher for Sinton was AP Panther Fan's favorite Sinton pitcher who I am sure is going to be playing on the varsity soon.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

10 runs in 3 innings is what you call "getting busy"...impressive!

The pitcher you are refering to is fairly awesome from everything I have seen. Is she a sophomore now? I am surprised she isn't already on varsity. I hope Coach V moves her up (for purely selfish reasons, of course).;) :D

pirateman98
02-14-2007, 03:49 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

10 runs in 3 innings is what you call "getting busy"...impressive!

The pitcher you are refering to is fairly awesome from everything I have seen. Is she a sophomore now? I am surprised she isn't already on varsity. I hope Coach V moves her up (for purely selfish reasons, of course).;) :D

She was on varsity last year, don't know why this year she is not. Last night the girls couldn't get anything together, and your right, they didn't look like the #3 team in the state. I will say this thought too, we didn't have are Ace on the mound, and that could be a reason we lost 6-0.

Phil C
02-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by pirateman98
She was on varsity last year, don't know why this year she is not. Last night the girls couldn't get anything together, and your right, they didn't look like the #3 team in the state. I will say this thought too, we didn't have are Ace on the mound, and that could be a reason we lost 6-0.

I am confident she will move up to varsity. Our ace pitcher didn't play as you said. Also our softball coach does like Coach K in baseball. He looks at all the players before district and decides who is best to go where. They will get their act together by district. We have to be careful with the other teams this year especially Ingleside. I have heard they got a great pitcher from Houston transfer there plus they have Riflearm coaching there again this year. That increases the risk.

pirate4state
02-14-2007, 04:01 PM
I am confident she will move up to varsity. Our ace pitcher didn't play as you said. Also our softball coach does like Coach K in baseball. He looks at all the players before district and decides who is best to go where. They will get their act together by district. We have to be careful with the other teams this year especially Ingleside. I have heard they got a great pitcher from Houston transfer there plus they have Riflearm coaching there again this year. That increases the risk.

LOL! I don't know Phil, Aransas Pass & Orange Grove heck even West Oso may have something to say about Ingleside making any noise this year. :thinking:

Phil C
02-14-2007, 04:07 PM
LOL! I don't know Phil, Aransas Pass & Orange Grove heck even West Oso may have something to say about Ingleside making any noise this year. :thinking:

Right you are P4S. This is a tough district indeed. Aransas Pass is always tough on us and now they have AP Panther Fan's daughter coming to high school to play there soon. Very scary indeed.
And Ingleside I have discussed with their new pitcher and Riflearm there makes you want to lay in a bunch of mounds of fire ants with mosquitos flying around.
And Orange Grove is tough indeed. They played us tough the past several years and one of their girls hit a home run on us in Robstown. Makes one want to throw Oranges at the UIL for putting us with them this year.
And West Oso was an improved team last year and were competitive and now they are in our district again this year. Thanks for nothing UIL. :mad:
And don't underestimate Mathis. They could be tough and they always play their best game against Sinton which is scary indeed. Playing them is like doing chin ups on the flag bar at the top of the Empire State Building.

We have to be ready. We are probably in the toughest district in the state. Again Thanks for nothing UIL.

:mad: :(

AP Panther Fan
02-14-2007, 04:12 PM

And don't underestimate Mathis. They could be tough and they always play their best game against Sinton which is scary indeed. Playing them is like doing chin ups on the flag bar at the top of the Empire State Building.

We have to be ready. We are probably in the toughest district in the state. Again Thanks for nothing UIL.

LOL....I was wondering when you were going to give Mathis some love...:inlove: :D

pirate4state
02-14-2007, 04:13 PM
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif @ the Mathis comments

Phil C
02-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Right you are P4S. This is a tough district indeed. Aransas Pass is always tough on us and now they have AP Panther Fan's daughter coming to high school to play there soon. Very scary indeed.
And Ingleside I have discussed with their new pitcher and Riflearm there makes you want to lay in a bunch of mounds of fire ants with mosquitos flying around.
And Orange Grove is tough indeed. They played us tough the past several years and one of their girls hit a home run on us in Robstown. Makes one want to throw Oranges at the UIL for putting us with them this year.
And West Oso was an improved team last year and were competitive and now they are in our district again this year. Thanks for nothing UIL. :mad:

This is very scary indeed. OH THE AGONY!

ALAS! ALAS! SURELY THERE WILL BE HAPPIER DAYS THAN THIS!!

:(