PDA

View Full Version : Question for Aggie fans (keep it civil)

vet93
02-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Would you rather be mediocre but beat UT 8 out of 10 years or be a consistent top 15 team but only split with the longhorns.

I would take option number 2...I am not particularly obsessed with the Longhorns and would prefer to be a consistently top team.

Emerson1
02-13-2007, 07:19 PM
By mediocre do you mean something like a 7-5 record, or 5-7 missing bowl games?

vet93
02-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah....range from 9-3 with a mid-major bowl appearance to say 5-7 or 4-8 and miss a bowl all-together...kind-of what has been happening over the last 10 years.

Originally posted by Emerson1
By mediocre do you mean something like a 7-5 record, or 5-7 missing bowl games?

big daddy russ
02-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Would you rather be mediocre but beat UT 8 out of 10 years or be a consistent top 15 team but only split with the longhorns.

I would take option number 2...I am not particularly obsessed with the Longhorns and would prefer to be a consistently top team.
Option 2. Keeps the series interesting and I'm already tired of beating UT. ;)

vet93
02-13-2007, 08:12 PM
BDR...I like the way you think! When I was at A&M we beat the longhorns 7 out of 8 years...We also beat your Tigers and Bo Jackson;) It has really been hard the last 7 or 8 years as we have fallen into this latest cycle...I think that the state of Texas football is much stronger when there is a strong UT/A&M rivalry...hopefully we can enter a new era and both compete at a high level!

Originally posted by big daddy russ
Option 2. Keeps the series interesting and I'm already tired of beating UT. ;)

big daddy russ
02-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by vet93
BDR...I like the way you think! When I was at A&M we beat the longhorns 7 out of 8 years...We also beat your Tigers and Bo Jackson;) It has really been hard the last 7 or 8 years as we have fallen into this latest cycle...I think that the state of Texas football is much stronger when there is a strong UT/A&M rivalry...hopefully we can enter a new era and both compete at a high level!
Yeah, you must've been there during the glory years in the 80's. I think it was 85 when ya'll played Auburn in the Cotton Bowl.