PDA

View Full Version : 3A Top 10 Softball Teams

softball_fan
02-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Does anyone know how the ranked top 10 are doing so far?

kaorder1999
02-13-2007, 11:18 AM
will be hard to find any info on any of them until after a couple of games are played. Most are finishing up scrimmages and playing first games today....weather permitting!

pirate4state
02-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Rockdale #10 lost last night to Vista Ridge. We start tonight at home against 4A Moody.

txkmom
02-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Liberty Eylau's game this week against Prariland (sp) was cancelled/postponed due to all the rain we've had. They scrimmaged against Mount Pleasant and New Boston last Saturday. Players are being moved around a lot right now, and the starting pitcher is still in basketball, but pitched two innings in two separate scrimmages to keep her hand in, so to speak. Until they play a "real" game with a finalized lineup, it will be hard to give you a report.

pirate4state
02-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by txkmom
Liberty Eylau's game this week against Prariland (sp) was cancelled/postponed due to all the rain we've had. They scrimmaged against Mount Pleasant and New Boston last Saturday. Players are being moved around a lot right now, and the starting pitcher is still in basketball, but pitched two innings in two separate scrimmages to keep her hand in, so to speak. Until they play a "real" game with a finalized lineup, it will be hard to give you a report.

I think it'll be this way for a few teams. Gotta get everything ironed out.

necks_c/09
02-13-2007, 05:04 PM
we won state last year and i was curious if anybody knows what were ranked...possibly #1?

our girls' first GAME is tonight though

pirate4state
02-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
we won state last year and i was curious if anybody knows what were ranked...possibly #1?

our girls' first GAME is tonight though

Yes, West Columbia is ranked #1

necks_c/09
02-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yes, West Columbia is ranked #1 sweet!

Cameron Crazy
02-13-2007, 10:11 PM
We allways have a solid team but we can never make it past that second playoff round!

Ray_BearKat
02-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
We allways have a solid team but we can never make it past that second playoff round!

I'm with you on that Raymondville has won district 5 years running and has only lost 1 district game in that span, yet every year we get Devine in the playoffs and always come up short.

Now that we're in 31-3A we will most likely get a different opponent in the playoffs so this may be our year...woohoo!

SintonFan_inAustin
02-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
I'm with you on that Raymondville has won district 5 years running and has only lost 1 district game in that span, yet every year we get Devine in the playoffs and always come up short.

Now that we're in 31-3A we will most likely get a different opponent in the playoffs so this may be our year...woohoo! yea this time maybe Raymondville gets Sinton:)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Bellville in top 10 beats conroe tonight.

softball_fan
02-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Read online at The Facts the Columbia 3A versus Angleton 4A score 3-11.

Softball Roundup (http://thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=962b35006f57c385)

tigerpride_08
02-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by softball_fan
Read online at The Facts the Columbia 3A versus Angleton 4A score 3-11.

Softball Roundup (http://thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=962b35006f57c385)

well it says the same thing happened last year...maybe thats good news in a way...:D

XMan
02-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Was Bellville able to recruit any top notch players this year? They got a good one last year but havent heard if they had a top ten recruiting class this year.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Was Bellville able to recruit any top notch players this year? They got a good one last year but havent heard if they had a top ten recruiting class this year.

They have 4 new move=ins, top notch players, all have signed with D1 schools 3 years ago, as Freshman, Now seeing you know nothing about Bellville and no one likes you talking trash about Bellville, go suck and egg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KL3
02-14-2007, 10:30 PM

Things must be slow for XMan. He's now resorting to softball trash talk. Hilarious.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by KL3
Things must be slow for XMan. He's now resorting to softball trash talk. Hilarious.

He would know trash!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
They have 4 new move=ins, top notch players, all have signed with D1 schools 3 years ago, as Freshman, Now seeing you know nothing about Bellville and no one likes you talking trash about Bellville, go suck and egg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I said!!!!!!

nette_mom
02-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Bellville defeats 5A San Antonio Churchill 3-1 this morning in the Katy tournament. Great pitching by sophomore Alyssa Murphy. Our bats really are working. We play at 3:00 against the winner of Mayde Creek and Cy-Falls. We are still playing without our Senior pitcher and SS, Lauren Luetge. She has a sprained ankle. And no we have no recruits this year, just a bunch of sophomores and juniors and one senior.

buff4life
02-15-2007, 07:14 PM
bats working but only 3 runs...doesn't seem to make sense

pirateman98
02-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Sinton won both there opening tournament games today. Orange Grove 10-0 and Industrial 13-2.

Phil C
02-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by pirateman98
Sinton won both there opening tournament games today. Orange Grove 10-0 and Industrial 13-2.

Thanks for the update pirateman.

:)

pirate4state
02-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Thanks for the update pirateman.

Sorry, Phil I was frozen after that evening game and went to bed early. The girls looked really good at the plate. They play Taft this morning at 1045am (I won't be going) and then Rockport at 545pm (I'll be at that game). Tomorrow they play at 1230 vs. Madisonville & at 730 vs. Aransas Pass. I'll be at both of those games. I'll try and get an update to someone. :)

XMan
02-16-2007, 11:38 AM
I went to the Aggie softball website and found it quite interesting that the Bellville recruit from last year makes no mention of ever playing for Bellville. Talks about playing in Colorado, even what daddy ball team she played on there, but makes no reference to Bellville. Where has all the loyalty gone? When I played in college I was very proud to list Bellville as my hometown, its a shame that the respect for the school has gone so down hill.

Reds fan
02-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Houston Chronicle linescore:

Bellville..................000 000 --0 4 0
Cy Falls.................000 001 --1 0 1
W- D. Espinal (3-0) L- Murphy (0-1)

Bellville throws a no-no and still gets loss!

BTEXDAD
02-16-2007, 11:52 AM
I went to the Aggie softball website and found it quite interesting that the Bellville recruit from last year makes no mention of ever playing for Bellville. Talks about playing in Colorado, even what daddy ball team she played on there, but makes no reference to Bellville. Where has all the loyalty gone? When I played in college I was very proud to list Bellville as my hometown, its a shame that the respect for the school has gone so down hill.
I did notice that on website also, xman. Not sure of reason. Certainly not lack of respect though.
I know her signing info on website last year listed her as attending Bellville High school. Her true hometown is in Colorado. Parents still there, so I guess that's why she has it listed that way now.
She's a super kid. Hopefully she does well.

XMan
02-16-2007, 11:57 AM
ive also heard that she is a super kid, best of luck to her in all her endeavors.

nette_mom
02-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Bellville lost to Cy-Falls in an ITB. Coach told the girls to go to first on the bunt instead of going for the out at 3rd. Who knows? The run scored on a passed ball by the catcher. Had many opportunities to score but didn't. Final score 1-0
Bellville then played 5A Cy-Fair at 7:30 last night in 30degree weather, BRRRR! and lost 1-0 off a homerun over the fence. Luetge took the loss. Again had opportunities to score but didn't . Two great teams and two great games. So far the girls have only given up 3 runs total against 3 5A teams. Not too bad for a rebuilding year. I believe the reason our girl did not list Bellville as her home school is because she was recruited and signed as an out of state player from Colorado. She certainly did not recieve her scholorship playing 3A softball from Bellville HS.
Hey Buff for life, you keep worrying about what Bellville is doing, but you have yet to tell us what the Buffs have done so far. Who have they played and what are your scores????? Tonight we play 5A CyRidge and on Saturday we are playing 2 more games in the Katy tournament.

nette_mom
02-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Murphy did not pitch the final inning in the CyFalls game. Luetge came in for ITB.

pirate4state
02-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Sinton over Taft 15-0

next game at 545pm vs. Rockport-Fulton

Bull19
02-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by nette_mom
Tonight we play 5A CyRidge and on Saturday we are playing 2 more games in the Katy tournament.

WHAT TIME IS THE GAME TONIGHT?

BASEBALL WILL BE AT TAYLOR FOR A SCRIMMAGE TONIGHT TOO!

Bull19
02-16-2007, 02:04 PM

SHE PROLY DIDNT LIST BELLVILLE AS HER HOME TOWN SIMPLY BECAUSE IT ISNT HER HOME TOWN.:rolleyes:

BTEXDAD
02-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Tonight we play 5A CyRidge and on Saturday we are playing 2 more games in the Katy tournament.

I will be there in spirit, but waiting for warmer weather to be there in person. Tell girls good luck!

Reds fan
02-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Murphy did not pitch the final inning in the CyFalls game. Luetge came in for ITB.

ITB:eek: An unfortunate product of timed games...

Bellville at Cy Ridge 7pm tonight.

KL3
02-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Ya, I'm guessing she has Colorado on there b/c thats where she has lived her whole life except for 1 year. I wouldn't expect her to put Bellville at all.

BTEXDAD
02-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Ya, I'm guessing she has Colorado on there b/c thats where she has lived her whole life except for 1 year. I wouldn't expect her to put Bellville at all.

I know some other people who don't necessarily say they're from Bellville even tho went to school there. Some are from Shelby, or Industry, or Oak Hill, Cat Spring, New Ulm, Kenney, Burleigh, Piney Creek, Buckhorn, etc. etc, etc.

Phil C
02-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Sinton over Taft 15-0

next game at 545pm vs. Rockport-Fulton

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey Buff for life, you keep worrying about what Bellville is doing, but you have yet to tell us what the Buffs have done so far. Who have they played and what are your scores?????

Hey nette-mom, while Bellville is out playing 5a schools, Giddings is playing 2a, thats why he will not post anything about his buff-girls.

pirateman98
02-16-2007, 08:26 PM
The second game Sinton played was against Rockport-Fulton and Sinton won 15-0.

tigerpride_08
02-16-2007, 08:27 PM
the Lady Tigers are playing in the Marble Falls Tourny this weekend...Lost against Lewisville but had wins against Odessa Permian and Cedar Park today...:clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-16-2007, 10:02 PM
Bellville might drop in the polls, but would you rather play close to a 5a school in pre-district, or beat the socks of a 1a or 2a school.
Good luck Bellville vs 5a schools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

softball_fan
02-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Columbia has done well today in the Clear Creek Tournament.

Columbia beats Clear Brook 5-0

Columbia beats La Marque 3-2

nette_mom
02-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Bellville beats 5A CyRidge 15-0! Murphy pitches perfect game! Yantis has a two-run homer over left field fence. Not sure how many hits we had but it seemed like everyone in the line-up got at least one if not two.

Reds fan
02-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the Bellville update nette_mom, I guess we just have to wait for update from Buff4 about Giddings girls. Good job to Murphy and Yantis and all the Bellville girls!

Good luck to your ladies tomorrow at Katy tournament.

pirate4state
02-17-2007, 10:06 AM
The second game Sinton played was against Rockport-Fulton and Sinton won 15-0.

I wonder if anyone will challenge the Lady Pirates in this tournament? :thinking: :(

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Bellville beats 5A CyRidge 15-0! Murphy pitches perfect game! Yantis has a two-run homer over left field fence. Not sure how many hits we had but it seemed like everyone in the line-up got at least one if not two.

What is Bellville record? and who we played,scores?

Is the boss with you are is he fishing?

pirate4state
02-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Sinton lost in a 4 inning game to Madisonville today. 6-5. The team that took the field today was short of some starters, but that is NO EXCUSE for the way they played today. tsk, tsk

Phil C
02-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Sinton lost in a 4 inning game to Madisonville today. 6-5. The team that took the field today was short of some starters, but that is NO EXCUSE for the way they played today. tsk, tsk

:(

Anyway thanks for the update everyone!

buff4life
02-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Giddings is in the Marble Falls tourney too...

buff4life
02-17-2007, 06:02 PM
they have won 3 and lost 1 don't know where that puts them tho...

txkmom
02-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Liberty Eylau 2 Prairiland 1
last night w/ some LE starters out playing basketball; no-hitter

Liberty Eylau 11 New Boston 0
today with LE's starting pitcher and outfielder in; one-hitter
NB threw a young pitcher 1st, senior starter came in after

nette_mom
02-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Bellville defeated 5A Katy Seven Lakes 10-0 and 5A Klein 2-0 today. We won 3 games and lost 2. We gave up only 3 runs for the tournament 2 of which were unearned. The girls did a great job for playing in some bitter cold, and today extremely windy conditions. I believe that Cinco Ranch HS is playing Deer Park HS for the championship. Murphy pitched both games today! As far as records go... we defeated Columbus, ElCampo, Sealy, and Terry in our scrimmages. We defeated 5A Woodlands College Park, and Cy Ridge in scheduled games. We are working through some kinks and some injuries, but so far pitching is dominating.

Reds fan
02-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Bellville defeated 5A Katy Seven Lakes 10-0 and 5A Klein 2-0 today. We won 3 games and lost 2. We gave up only 3 runs for the tournament 2 of which were unearned. The girls did a great job for playing in some bitter cold, and today extremely windy conditions. I believe that Cinco Ranch HS is playing Deer Park HS for the championship. Murphy pitched both games today! As far as records go... we defeated Columbus, ElCampo, Sealy, and Terry in our scrimmages. We defeated 5A Woodlands College Park, and Cy Ridge in scheduled games. We are working through some kinks and some injuries, but so far pitching is dominating.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: !!!!

pirate4state
02-18-2007, 12:01 AM
After losing to Madisonville this afternoon, Sinton came back out and beat Aransas Pass (9-0) in the final game of the Bash on the Bay tournament. 3 teams finished 5-1: Sinton, Madionsville & Aransas Pass. AP beat Madionsville, but lost to Sinton. Sinton lost to Madionsville, and beat AP. We thought they'd go by who scored the most runs (Sinton 70 :eek: ) but I think they decided to have 3 champions. ummmmmmmmmmkay.

Oh well. This was a good tourney for the younger & inexperienced girls to get some playing time in different positions and gives the coach the opportunity to see what works well. ;)

Next up for the Lady Pirates is Kingsville High School in Kingsville.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
they have won 3 and lost 1 don't know where that puts them tho...

Who did the Buffs beat? And who was the loss to?

Bellville went 3-2 vs 5a schools in Katy.

nexfan
02-18-2007, 04:03 AM
Katy Seven Lakes is a 4A school but who's counting!! Columbia's girls play 4A and 5A schhols as well in pre disrtict so Bellville should not care what there record is as of now. I'm sure ya'll will do fine come district!

SintonFan_inAustin
02-18-2007, 04:25 AM
Sinton over Taft 15-0

next game at 545pm vs. Rockport-Fulton good win lady pirates, Taft coach is my cousin hope they have a good season this year.

nette_mom
02-18-2007, 12:00 PM
My bad, nexfan! You are right, Seven Lakes in one of Katy's newest High Schools and it is still 4A. Congratulations to West Collumbia on a great tournament. We know a lot of your girls and go back all the way to 10&Under when they played for Gulf Coast Explosion. Always a CLASS ACT!!!!!!! We are looking forward to playing in the West Columbia tournament this weekend!!! I understand our coach attended Angleton HS and that is who we play our first pool game. This should be very interesting!!!

nette_mom
02-18-2007, 12:31 PM
I got to see Splendora play one game this weekend. They suffered a 1-0 loss against Cy--Falls too. I believe they did well in the Katy Tournament and matched up great against their 5A opponents. This team always impresses me with their presence on the field. They too are a class act team and will be a huge contender in the Region 3 powerhouse race for a chance at the title. They have a strong defense behind a good pitcher. The Cy-Falls pitcher is very good and she changes speed a lot.

nexfan
02-18-2007, 05:00 PM
My bad, nexfan! You are right, Seven Lakes in one of Katy's newest High Schools and it is still 4A. Congratulations to West Collumbia on a great tournament. We know a lot of your girls and go back all the way to 10&Under when they played for Gulf Coast Explosion. Always a CLASS ACT!!!!!!! We are looking forward to playing in the West Columbia tournament this weekend!!! I understand our coach attended Angleton HS and that is who we play our first pool game. This should be very interesting!!!

Angleton was our only loss last year (37-1) the first game of the season and they beat us again the first game of the season this year.... so watch out and good luck! I always love it when the lower classifications win!!

buff4life
02-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Who did the Buffs beat? And who was the loss to?

Bellville went 3-2 vs 5a schools in Katy.

beat Holmes (San Antonio 5A), Leander (5A), Jarrell (4th in state in 2A),

lost to Abilene

nette_mom
02-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Congratulations to the Buffs. How did they do against Taylor in their first game? and I thought they were playing Lake Travis in a pool game? I see they have Rockdale on Tues. Good Luck! Let us know the outcome. I understand they still have Sammi pitching for them.

buff4life
02-19-2007, 02:26 AM
Giddings won either 6-4 or 6-2 i think it was the latter not sure...got some good juniors on teh team this year...four to be exact...same group of girls that led them to the little league world series runner up...

buff4life
02-19-2007, 02:27 AM
your right...they did play lake travis and won...i talked to one of hte girls today...the won that one by three or four..

hookandladder
02-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Hey nette-mom, while Bellville is out playing 5a schools, Giddings is playing 2a, thats why he will not post anything about his buff-girls.

I understand playing 5A schools eariler in the year to prepare your team down the road, but do you think beating a 5A team 15-0 prepares you. I would bet 2A Weimar would give you all you would want. Don't knock lower classes, they still play some good ball.

nette_mom
02-19-2007, 08:59 AM
I agree hooknladder that you always want to play quality teams no matter what their classification. We just want to see good pitching and so far, we have seen some quality pitching and some not so quality pitching. Who has LaGrange played and what is their record??????

Reds fan
02-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I understand playing 5A schools eariler in the year to prepare your team down the road, but do you think beating a 5A team 15-0 prepares you. I would bet 2A Weimar would give you all you would want. Don't knock lower classes, they still play some good ball.

A lot of the time it is difficult to get 5A teams to schedule 3A teams, I suppose they take what they can get. Pre-district tournaments are some of the best opportunities for these matchups. It appears the top 3A programs can hold their own against a lot of 5A teams, this is not to say top 2A teams can't hold their own either.

Wharton, Columbia, Sinton, Splendora, Bellville, and the like are wise to play the toughest pre-district schedule possible in preparation for district. Good luck to all as district rolls around!

icu812
02-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Don't count out Van. They have been to Austin the last two years and lost to the state champs both years.

Bull19
02-19-2007, 08:38 PM
NETTE MOM CAN YOU LIST SOME DATE,TIMES,AND LOCATIONS OF SOME OF THE UP-COMING GAMES.

nette_mom
02-19-2007, 09:01 PM
2/20 Wharton there 6:30
2/23 and 2/24 West Columbia Tournament 3pools on Fri.
2/27 Needville at home 7:00
3/2 Sealy there 7:00
3/6 Katy Seven Lakes home 7:00
3/9 Fort Bend Foster there 7:00

We can also count on good showings from Rockdale, Sealy, LaGrange,Columbus,Giddings and Wharton..... The majority of these teams with the exception of Van and Sinton are from Region 3......
Bellville has played Weimar the last two years and yes each time they game was a nail biter, they are definitely a contender in 2A and always full of talent.

SintonFan
02-19-2007, 09:21 PM
2/20 Wharton there 6:30
2/23 and 2/24 West Columbia Tournament 3pools on Fri.
2/27 Needville at home 7:00
3/2 Sealy there 7:00
3/6 Katy Seven Lakes home 7:00
3/9 Fort Bend Foster there 7:00

We can also count on good showings from Rockdale, Sealy, LaGrange,Columbus,Giddings and Wharton..... The majority of these teams with the exception of Van and Sinton are from Region 3......
Bellville has played Weimar the last two years and yes each time they game was a nail biter, they are definitely a contender in 2A and always full of talent.
Does Sinton play Bellville? That would be cool.:cool:

sinton66
02-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Does Sinton play Bellville? That would be cool.:cool:

Not unless it's in the playoffs.

2007 LADY PIRATE SOFTBALL SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT SITE JV V
Jan 30 (scrim) Flour Bluff Sinton 5:00
Feb 3 (scrim) Memorial, Calallen, Moody Sinton 10:00
Feb 6 (scrim) Tuloso Midway Tuloso Midway 5:00
Feb 9 (scrim) Gregory Portland Sinton 5:00 6:00
Feb 10 (scrim) Calallen Calallen 10:00
Feb 13 C. C. Moody Sinton 5:00 7:00
Feb 15-17 Aransas Pass Tournament Aransas Pass TBA
Feb 20 Kingsville Kingsville 5:00 7:00
Feb 23 & 24 Robstown Tournament Robstown TBA
Feb 22 & 24 Corpus Christi Tournament Corpus Christi TBA
Feb 27 Tuloso Midway Sinton 5:00 7:00
Mar 1-3 Bay Front Bash Tournament Corpus Christi TBA
Mar 6 Beeville Sinton 5:00 7:00
Mar 12 JV District Tournament Aransas Pass TBA
*Mar 13 Aransas Pass Sinton 5:00 7:00
Mar 14 Victoria Memorial Victoria 11:00 1:00
*Mar 16 Ingleside Ingleside 5:00 7:00
Mar 17 Robstown Sinton 1:00 11:00
*Mar 20 Orange Grove Orange Grove 5:00 7:00
*Mar 23 West Oso Sinton 5:00 7:00
*Mar 27 Mathis Mathis 5:00 7:00
*Mar 30 Aransas Pass Aransas Pass 5:00 7:00
*Apr 3 Ingleside Sinton 5:00 7:00
*Apr 5 Orange Grove Sinton 5:00 7:00
*Apr 10 West Oso West Oso 5:00 7:00
*Apr 20 Mathis Sinton 6:00
Apr 24 District Certification
May 31-June 2 State Tournament
*Denotes District

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Not unless it's in the playoffs. and that would mean we'd both be in Austin :D

SintonFan
02-19-2007, 10:29 PM
and that would mean we'd both be in Austin :D
:cool: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks for the schedule 66.:)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder

Someone ask you who La grange has played, and beat give us your record vs lower classes and higher is you play some?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Who has LaGrange played and what is their record??????

???????????????????

Reds fan
02-20-2007, 12:40 AM
Kinda spooky when LaGrange is quiet....lot of talent there, and the Leps could be waiting to attack!

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-20-2007, 12:57 AM
Who cares about softball?

hookandladder
02-20-2007, 07:33 AM
Someone ask you who La grange has played, and beat give us your record vs lower classes and higher is you play some?

To be honest right now I have not seen LG play, I know they played Three Rivers. I am pretty sure they run ruled them, other than that don't have much to tell you. Bottom line it's not how you start but how you finish. So talk now does not mean much. I do know the LG boy's won last night over Weimar, Neiser hit a walkoff bomb to win it.

celinaorange
02-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Celina went to state tournament last year in 2A and returns division I pitcher Sarah McCloud (who has committed to U of Georgia). Only 2 seniors are not back and they have another good sophomore pitcher. They should be a contender in Region 2.

pirate4state
02-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by celinaorange
Celina went to state tournament last year in 2A and returns division I pitcher Sarah McCloud (who has committed to U of Georgia). Only 2 seniors are not back and they have another good sophomore pitcher. They should be a contender in Region 2. I watched them play last year in Austin. I forgot all about them, but yes they might be a challenge for TLE & Van in Region II. :thinking:

Reds fan
02-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Who cares about softball?

Lots of folks apparently, over 2000 views;)

nette_mom
02-20-2007, 12:38 PM
The new poll is not out, but it is interesting to note that in last weeks pre-season poll, the top 15 teams were broken down as follows.....
Region I.....2 teams
Region II....3 teams
Region III...7 teams
Region IV....3 teams

New poll should be out today.

pirate4state
02-20-2007, 12:45 PM
The new poll is not out, but it is interesting to note that in last weeks pre-season poll, the top 15 teams were broken down as follows.....
Region I.....2 teams
Region II....3 teams
Region III...7 teams
Region IV....3 teams

I didn't see anything in today's "local" paper, but that isn't surprising. :rolleyes:

They did release the boys poll.

Reds fan
02-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Region I.....2 teams
Region II....3 teams
Region III...7 teams
Region IV....3 teams

If rankings hold true Region III will be beating each other up to go to Austin, tough region with new alignments. But there is a lot of ball to be played before that.

nette_mom
02-20-2007, 04:44 PM
The new poll is out for Week of February 20, 2007
Conference 3A
1 Columbia
2 Bridge City
3 Sinton
4 Celina
5 Splendora
6 Texarkana Liberty Eylau
7 Clyde
8 Bellville
9 Liberty Hill
10 Medina Valley
11 Van
12 Monahans
13 Andrews
14 Waco Robinson
15 Devine
16 Silsbee
17 Giddings
18 Rockdale
19 Graham
20 LaGrange
Comments: University of Georgia bound Sarah McCloud struck out 16 as Celina ripped Nocona 6-0 to open their season. McCloud then threw a one-hitter and Brittanie Knowles drove in a pair of runs as Celina shut out Kennedale 11-0 in five innings. McCloud struck out 11 as Celina (3-0) broke open the game with five runs in the fifth inning, two of those coming on a McCloud single. On Friday, McCloud struck out 11 and drove in a pair of runs while Jasmine San Miguel had a pair of hits and an RBI in an 11-1 victory over Gainesville in five innings. Rockdale dropped their season opener to 4A Vista Ridge 6-4. Four runs in the fist inning stake the Bridge City Cardinals to a 5-3 win over defending state 4A champion Little Cypress Mauriceville. Shani Connor pitched the complete game victory. Splendora lost to 5A Magnolia 2-1. Medina Valley placed third in the Marble Falls Tournament beating Taylor 9-1, Pflugerville Hendrickson 3-1, and Leander 8-0 before losing to 5A Lewisville 9-1 then rebounding for third with a 4-0 win over Weatherford. Bellville defeated (5A) Woodlands College Park 7-6, (5A) Cy Ridge 15-0 as sophomore Alyssa Murphy threw a perfect game and Callie Yantis hit 2 run homerun. In the Katy tournament, Bellville played 5 games losing 1-0 to 5A Cy Fair and 1-0 to 5A Cy Falls then Bellville won over 5A San Antonio Churchill 3-1 (Murphy 14 K's), 4A Seven Lakes 10-0 (Murphy 1 hitter, 9K's) and 5A Klein 2-0 (Murphy 1 hitter, 10K's), all three games of 5 inning games.

Region I.............4teams
RegionII.............3teams
RegionIII............10 teams
Region IV............3 teams

Reds fan
02-20-2007, 04:46 PM
TGCA Feb. 20 Poll ----- Ooops! Nette mom beat me to it

KL3
02-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Murphy is dominating all ready as just a sophomore. I remember watching her pitch in little league when she played with my cousin. She struck EVERYBODY out, it was unreal. Looks like she will no doubt be a big time college pitcher.

Bull19
02-20-2007, 05:04 PM
WHEN LUETGE COMES BACK ITS GOING TO GIVE BELLVILLE A NICE SOLID ONE-TWO PUNCH. I'M EXPECTING GRAND THINGS THIS SPRING!

nette_mom
02-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Bellville defeats Wharton 7-2. Luetge gets the win. Congratulations Brahmanettes!!!

pirateman98
02-20-2007, 11:40 PM
Sinton Lady Pirates lost tonight against Kingsville 6-0! They have a tournment this weekend in Robstown. Hopefully they will do a better job at hitting this weekend than they did last night. Good luck Ladies and see you this weekend.

buff4life
02-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Giddings beat Rockdale 7-1

nette_mom
02-20-2007, 11:54 PM
congrats to the Buffs

pirate4state
02-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Sinton Lady Pirates lost tonight against Kingsville 6-0! They have a tournment this weekend in Robstown. Hopefully they will do a better job at hitting this weekend than they did last night. Good luck Ladies and see you this weekend.

No kidding!! Of course, committing 4 errors never helps. :doh: The Kingsville pitcher struck out 15 of our girls. :eek: She had some nasty stuff. Practice, practice, practice.

necks
02-21-2007, 12:58 AM
Carthage is 8-0 after beating previously unbeaten 4A Henderson tonight 6-0. Lady Dawgs have 2 outstanding pitchers who are a freshman and sophomore.

Reds fan
02-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Carthage:clap: great start!

Curly
02-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Conference 3A
1 Columbia
2 Bridge City
3 Sinton
4 Celina
5 Splendora
6 Texarkana Liberty Eylau
7 Clyde
8 Bellville
9 Liberty Hill
10 Medina Valley
11 Van
12 Monahans
13 Andrews
14 Waco Robinson
15 Devine
16 Silsbee
17 Giddings
18 Rockdale
19 Graham
20 LaGrange

Monahans at #12 - I guess that the Sweetwater's girls win over them last week was good for Sweetwater and not so good for Monahans.
It is a long season but maybe things are looking up for the Sweetwater Girls
or it could be that Monahans had a lot of ladies still playing basketball who knows
It would be nice if Sweetwater's girls could have a winning season and make the playoffs, time will tell I guess

Reds fan
02-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Bellville defeats Wharton 7-2. Luetge gets the win. Congratulations Brahmanettes!!!

Great to hear Luetge get back in the circle!
Good job Brahmanettes:clap: :clap:

softball_fan
02-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Columbia beats El Campo 3-1.

Reds fan
02-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Columbia tourney started today, are there any results? Interesting early season matchups could arise for 3A teams:)

softball_fan
02-23-2007, 12:24 AM
Columbia goes 2-1 in pool play at Tourney. Link below contains info.

Columbia drops a game at tournament (http://http://thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=bd1e6300fed1ba20)

softball_fan
02-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Columbia Pool Results (http://thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=bd1e6300fed1ba20)

softball_fan
02-23-2007, 12:28 AM
Bailey Watts for Columbia pitched a no hitter with 17 strikeouts!!!

3afan
02-23-2007, 07:31 AM
Celina beat Plano West yesterday :eek:

Reds fan
02-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks softballfan! Congrats to Watts on no-hitter!:clap:

pirate4state
02-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
:eek: :eek:

Reds fan
02-23-2007, 11:03 AM

Impressive win over #13 in 5A :clap: :clap:

What was the score?

LH Panther Mom
02-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Conference 3A

9 Liberty Hill
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: Great job, girls!

HTripleC13
02-23-2007, 02:32 PM
I noticed that yall were talking about the former Bellville pitcher who now plays for A&M earlier, and the answer the reason she never mentioned Bellville on her profile is because that is not her home and that is not where she became well known at. She racked up all her stats while she was in Colorado, and moved to Bellville and still put up good numbers. She also had her first start as a college player the other day against Rutgers pitching a complete game, giving up 3 runs, and 5 hitless innings. She came in for relief the week before that against Arizona, keeping them at bay in time for the Aggie bats to win the game.... Good start for a young player..

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by HTripleC13
I noticed that yall were talking about the former Bellville pitcher who now plays for A&M earlier, and the answer the reason she never mentioned Bellville on her profile is because that is not her home and that is not where she became well known at. She racked up all her stats while she was in Colorado, and moved to Bellville and still put up good numbers. She also had her first start as a college player the other day against Rutgers pitching a complete game, giving up 3 runs, and 5 hitless innings. She came in for relief the week before that against Arizona, keeping them at bay in time for the Aggie bats to win the game.... Good start for a young player..

She graduated from Bellvillle, why not mention Bellvillle, if she is so against giving pub, were she played her Sr. year, she should have stayed in Colorado! Were is your Brahma Pride?

SintonFan
02-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by HTripleC13
silly rabbit! We all know that Texas is much bigger and better than Colorado.:D

buff4life
02-24-2007, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Conference 3A

9 Liberty Hill
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: Great job, girls!

we actually beat them..11-8

nette_mom
02-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Please keep the Bellville girls and this community in your prayers as they lost one of their teammates last night in a car accident. The girls and this community are devastated. Just make sure you give your child a hug today and always tell them how special they are and how much you love them because that is so much more important to them than any score in a game. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

LH Panther Mom
02-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Was that the baseball or softball score.....OR both? I heard the baseball score was 11-8, but hadn't seen/heard here about softball. :confused:

pirate4state
02-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Please keep the Bellville girls and this community in your prayers as they lost one of their teammates last night in a car accident. The girls and this community are devastated. Just make sure you give your child a hug today and always tell them how special they are and how much you love them because that is so much more important to them than any score in a game. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. :( That's terrible. Will keep you & your community in our prayers here in Sinton.

Phil C
02-24-2007, 10:03 PM
:( That's terrible. Will keep you & your community in our prayers here in Sinton.

Sorry to hear about that sad news. :(

pirateman98
02-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Please keep the Bellville girls and this community in your prayers as they lost one of their teammates last night in a car accident. The girls and this community are devastated. Just make sure you give your child a hug today and always tell them how special they are and how much you love them because that is so much more important to them than any score in a game. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear about that! My thoughts and prayers are with the family and the town!!

softball_fan
02-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Championship game at Columbia Tournament called due to injuries.

Game was between Columbia & Angleton score at the time was Angleton 2 Columbia 1.

2 Angleton players involved in a colision on the field.

Shortstop just taken on lifelite after being uncoscious for a period of time.

Hopefully they will be okay.

44INAROW
02-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Oh My Gosh, that is horrible, sure hope they are OK.. please keep us posted........

pirate4state
02-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Championship game at Columbia Tournament called due to injuries.

Game was between Columbia & Angleton score at the time was Angleton 2 Columbia 1.

2 Angleton players involved in a colision on the field.

Shortstop just taken on lifelite after being uncoscious for a period of time.

Hopefully they will be okay.

That is awful. We had this happen in a scrimmage. Luckly, it was nothing that required Halo-flight. I hope these girls are okay.

REMEMBER - YOU GOTTA CALL FOR THE BALL!!

Keep us posted.

buff4life
02-25-2007, 02:53 PM

in baseball that is

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-25-2007, 03:40 PM
in baseball that is

This is a softball tread!

buff4life
02-25-2007, 07:35 PM
This is a softball tread!
what is a tread....i've heard of a treadmill...a tire tread...but no softball tread

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-25-2007, 09:51 PM
what is a tread....i've heard of a treadmill...a tire tread...but no softball tread

Maybe I will go back and read all your post, and see if you have it all spelled right. I did not know that we were all getting graded on spelling here on the down low!

Bull19
02-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Maybe I will go back and read all your post, and see if you have it all spelled right. I did not know that we were all getting graded on spelling here on the down low!

"POST" YOU NEED TO ADD AN "S" TO MAKE IT PLURAL. YOUR GRAMATICALLY INCORRECT.:D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
"POST" YOU NEED TO ADD AN "S" TO MAKE IT PLURAL. YOUR GRAMATICALLY INCORRECT.:D

Do I need to take a look at your posts also?

nette_mom
02-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Has anyone gotten a report on Angleton's shortstop? She is one of the most outstanding all round players I have ever seen. She has been a dominant short stop since age 10. We have watched her for many years. She can single handedly defeat you with her defense, her speed, and her bat. Let's all say a prayer for her and hope that she is alright.

nette_mom
02-26-2007, 10:01 AM
I just received some information on the Angleton shortstop. I understand that she was making one of her tremendous over the back plays when she collided with the center fielder. When she hit the ground, she broke her collar bone. I was told she was never unconscious, but that life flight did land at the fields. She is an outstanding young player and thank goodness it was only her collar bone. She will be good to go in about 6 weeks. This is a huge loss for the Angleton team. Let's keep her in our thoughts for a quick and speedy recovery.

Reds fan
02-26-2007, 10:09 AM
That is good news, relatively speaking, about the Angleton shortstop, hope she has a speedy recovery.

I am so sorry to hear about the Bellville girl, our prayers go out to her family and teammates.

softball_fan
02-26-2007, 02:19 PM
nette_mom,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear she is doing well. I was just going by information that was given to me from one of the Angleton mothers from the team that night.

As you say hopefully she will have a speedy recovery.

softball_fan
02-26-2007, 02:24 PM
From the Facts article it sounds like Columbia & Angleton played very well during that game. Best of luck to both teams.

Lady Necks Rediscover some their offense (http://thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=2d01d7383a7e0fc7)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Who is next up for Bellville?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Give all week?

Bull19
02-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Who is next up for Bellville?

A SOFTBALL TEAM THATS NOT LOCATED IN BELLVILLE

buff4life
02-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Giddings beat top ten 5A Georgetown in the Georgetown tournament championship...

nette_mom
02-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Bellville Girls will not be playing today. The girls will be attending the funeral of their teammate. Please keep them in your prayers as they work through their grief.

pirate4state
02-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Conference 3A

1. Giddings
2. Splendora
3. Bridge City
4. Texarkana Liberty Eylau
5. West Columbia
6. Celina
7. Clyde
8. Bellville
9. Liberty Hill
10. Medina Valley
11. Madisonville
12. Ingleside
13. Sinton
14. Silsbee
15. LaGrange
16. Monhans
17. Burkburnett
18. Van
19. Rockdale
20. Graham

I love it!! :clap: :thumbsup:

BTEXDAD
02-27-2007, 11:55 AM
wow, 3 top 15 teams in district 23-3a (giddings, bellville and la grange).

Should be great district race.

sweetwater07
02-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Sweetwater beat Monahans a few weeks ago and we aren't ranked..??...i hope the girls can do something this year...only thing is that they are all young

Bull19
02-27-2007, 01:29 PM
I WOULD HAVE NEVER EXPECTED GIDDINGS TO BE #1. I DIDNT KNOW THEY WERE THAT GOOD IN SOFTBALL.:eek:

OnceABucJr
02-27-2007, 01:33 PM
2/27/07 poll is prime example of why polls don't mean much!

Bull19
02-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr

WHAT MAKES U THINK THAT?

pirate4state
02-27-2007, 02:14 PM
WHAT MAKES U THINK THAT?

*raises hand* Oh, I know!!! :D :devil:

txkmom
02-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Well, T-LE softball hasn't really had a chance to deserve their ranking yet, except for their extended season last year. They have more wins than losses, but are still missing some starters who are playing basketball. The ranking looks good, but won't matter come playoffs!! I can't wait until they can get the whole team together.

Reds fan
02-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Conference 3A

1. Giddings
2. Splendora
3. Bridge City
4. Texarkana Liberty Eylau
5. West Columbia
6. Celina
7. Clyde
8. Bellville
9. Liberty Hill
10. Medina Valley
11. Madisonville
12. Ingleside
13. Sinton
14. Silsbee
15. LaGrange
16. Monhans
17. Burkburnett
18. Van
19. Rockdale
20. Graham

I love it!! :clap: :thumbsup:

Wow!
Buffs jump 16 spots in the poll in one week:)
District 24 w/ Columbia as only rep?
Now 11 Schools in Region III in top 20!

buff4life
02-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr

we'll see how much they mean at the end of the season when they're still number one...

team is led by the girls that were runner-up in the little league world series three years ago...really maturing...look for Regan Fritsche to be all-state

LH Panther Mom
02-27-2007, 07:50 PM
LH vs Burnet tonight:

5-pitch 1st inning for Ashley Steinbach, LH's Sr. pitcher! :clap: :clap:

And she just hit a double! GO LADY CATS!!!!!!

awizzy
02-27-2007, 10:08 PM
columbia beats port lavaca tonite 9-0 newsome had a perfect game and then walked out number 21 and got the next better good game tonite for the necks

Bull19
02-27-2007, 10:16 PM
we'll see how much they mean at the end of the season when they're still number one...

:rolleyes:

I BET YOU AT THE END OF THE SEASON THEY WONT BE RANKED #1.

pirate4state
02-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Sinton lost to 4A Tulso-Midway 3-1. :doh:

LH Panther Mom
02-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
LH vs Burnet tonight:

5-pitch 1st inning for Ashley Steinbach, LH's Sr. pitcher! :clap: :clap:

And she just hit a double! GO LADY CATS!!!!!!
The last score I heard was LH 8, Burnet 2 in the bottom of the 7th. Great job, girls! :clap: :clap:

Reds fan
02-28-2007, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by buff4life
[B]we'll see how much they mean at the end of the season when they're still number one...

Easy there Buff4life...that's puttin' a big load on the girls backs this early in the year. Let 'em play it out and see.

:D

pirate4state
02-28-2007, 09:50 AM

team is led by the girls that were runner-up in the little league world series three years ago...really maturing...look for Regan Fritsche to be all-state

I'm sure the guy you quoted, ONCEABUCJR, was referring to other teams on the list, not necessarily Giddings.

Oh and this ain't little league. :D

Bull19
02-28-2007, 09:53 AM
WHATS THAT FAMOUS QUOTE:thinking: :thinking: "OH HOW TIMES CHANGE"........ I CAN ALMOST GUARNTEE A LOSS FOR GIDDINGS ONE OF THE TWO TIMES THEY PLAY BELLVILLE.

Reds fan
02-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Any Sealy softball posters have info on how Holub is doing? If she's healthy Sealy should make some noise in Dist 24.

BTEXDAD
02-28-2007, 02:04 PM
:rolleyes:

I BET YOU AT THE END OF THE SEASON THEY WONT BE RANKED #1.

Agreed on Giddings. Kind of like the being on SI cover, it can jinx you.

Last year, it was Splendora ranked 1, beaten in regionals by BH in who had finished second in same district.
2005, La Grange won state and wasn't even in top 20 at end of regular season.

Don't get me wrong, Buff4life, if Bellville doesn't make it, I wouldn't mind Giddings going all the way, but that's an awful strong statement to make by u this early in season.

buff4ever
02-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Softball is like baseball in that there are slumps and highs (where everone knocks the snot out of the ball). If the slumps are too long or at the wrong part of the season, it can really hurt a usually great team.

This bunch of girls(Giddings) know their softball, and play it well. They have a mentality that is need to consistantly play great ball. Hope they can keep up what they are doing. Our district is a tough one, and that also can wear on these teams (giddings, bellville and la grange). However they will all be ready to play big games come playoff time.

I am sure this is one of the toughest districts in the state.

Bull19
02-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Softball is like baseball in that there are slumps and highs (where everone knocks the snot out of the ball). If the slumps are too long or at the wrong part of the season, it can really hurt a usually great team.

This bunch of girls(Giddings) know their softball, and play it well. They have a mentality that is need to consistantly play great ball. Hope they can keep up what they are doing. Our district is a tough one, and that also can wear on these teams (giddings, bellville and la grange). However they will all be ready to play big games come playoff time.

I am sure this is one of the toughest districts in the state.

AFTER SAYING ALL THAT HOW DO YOU THINK GIDDINGS WILL BE RANKED #1 AT THE END OF THEY YEAR?:rolleyes:

buff4ever
02-28-2007, 05:16 PM
FTER SAYING ALL THAT HOW DO YOU THINK GIDDINGS WILL BE RANKED #1 AT THE END OF THEY YEAR?

Bull 19, you gotta pay better attention. I never said that they would end up #1. I will tell you that they are very capable. I am just saying it is hard to stay at the top all year long.

If I were to write the story of how I want this year to go for our girls it would go something like this.

They start off hot as ever (like they have). Then they lose a couple of games in district, pull them selves together and sweep through the playoffs and win state.

It would be pretty hard, yet impressive, if they could stay at the top all year long.

Bull19
02-28-2007, 05:21 PM
at the end of the season when they're still number one...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
02-28-2007, 05:22 PM
buff4life said they'd be #1 at the end, NOT buff4ever ;)

buff4ever
02-28-2007, 05:24 PM
that's what I meant by not paying attention. You still can't pay attention after a warning. I bet you are a horrible student. Probably always think you know better too right.

Bull19
02-28-2007, 05:25 PM
buff4life said they'd be #1 at the end, NOT buff4ever ;)

GOOD POINT,,PARDON ME,,MY BAD,,,NAMES ARE TOO DAMN CLOSE TO EACH OTHER.

Bull19
02-28-2007, 05:26 PM
that's what I meant by not paying attention. You still can't pay attention after a warning. I bet you are a horrible student. Probably always think you know better too right.

YEA IM A HORRIBLE STUDENT IF YOU CONSIDER A 3.4 CRAPPY. ANYWAY DONT YOU HAVE SOME BUFFALO SKIN TO GO TRADE WITH THE WHITE MAN?

buff4ever
02-28-2007, 05:31 PM
I was better than 3.4, but I also was a horrible student like you. I didn't have to pay much better attention than you on here to do well in school. That doesn't mean you are a good student, that just means you are smart.

That would lead right into the other part of my point. You think you are good b/c you are smart, and you always think you know better for the same reason you think you must be a good student b/c you are smart.

Bull19
02-28-2007, 05:37 PM
I was better than 3.4, but I also was a horrible student like you. I didn't have to pay much better attention than you on here to do well in school. That doesn't mean you are a good student, that just means you are smart.

That would lead right into the other part of my point. You think you are good b/c you are smart, and you always think you know better for the same reason you think you must be a good student b/c you are smart.

WELL IM GOING TO TELL YOU FROM THE BTTM OF MY HEART THAT YOUR OPINION IS WORTHLESS TO ME...... SO I REALLY DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK OF ME

buff4ever
02-28-2007, 05:41 PM
You're Right!!!:clap: :clap: ;) ;) ;)

pirate4state
02-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Will you two continue your pissing contest in PMs. :hand:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-01-2007, 12:48 AM
Who does bellville play this week?

Reds fan
03-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Who does bellville play this week?

Bellville plays @ Sealy on Friday, not sure of time.

softball_fan
03-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Columbia Ties 5A Brazoswood

1-1

Columbia had the lead until the 7th after an error allowed a base runner on, that eventually scored.

Columbia then defeated Calhoun. Not sure of the score.

Reds fan
03-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Columbia Ties 5A Brazoswood

1-1

Columbia had the lead until the 7th after an error allowed a base runner on, that eventually scored.

Columbia then defeated Calhoun. Not sure of the score.

Good job:clap: :clap:
Who pitched?

softball_fan
03-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Cami Newsome against Brazoswood.

Bailey Watts against Calhoun.

Reds fan
03-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Thank you softball_fan, that is a strong 1-2 punch in pitching!

flowerchick
03-02-2007, 09:55 AM
The score for the Columbia- Calhoun game was 5-1. I think. Pretty good game. Way to go girls. Good luck on Friday.

Reds fan
03-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Any scores from today or tonight?

I have heard Bellville won over Sealy, any other results?

flowerchick
03-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Columbia played two Friday nite.... Won against McCallum, I think 8-0 and also won agains, Pasadena Memorial 5-0. Newsome did a great job again. Bwood also played Pasadena Memorial and won 4-0. Then Clear Creek and won 8-5. Columbia has the same record with Bwood and have played the same teams. Way to go
Columbia. We play today Columbia vs Sterling and we play Clear Creek. 3-0-1 so far.

pirate4state
03-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Platinum:

Tulso Midway vs. Beeville
Montgomery vs. Moody
Kingsville vs. Kerrville Tivy
New Braunfels vs. Gregory Portland

Gold:

Sinton vs. CC Carroll - Sinton won
Victoria Memoria vs. Calallen (VM winning when I left)
Ray vs. San Marcos
San Benito vs. Alice

Silver:

King HS vs. Mission Sharyland
INGLESIDE vs. Robstown
Odem vs. Flour Bluff
Austin Akins vs. SA Burbank

Bronze:

Austin Crockett vs. South San
West Oso vs. Taft HS
Hudson vs. Aransas Pass
Highlands vs. CC Miller

Sinton has played: Flour Bluff, San Marcos, Austin Crockett, Tulso-Midway, San Marcos and CC Caroll. We beat FB, SMx2, AC & CC Carroll. Lost to TM.

Today's game against the winner of Calallen/Victoria Memorial will be a good challenge for our girls. :)

softball_fan
03-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Have not heard how Columbia did today but The FACTS article has their record listed as 3-1-2 for the tournament. They may have lost two today but hope not. They have been playing well.

Lady Exporters win BISD Classic (http://thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=8ee1d4cd11c3d8b1)

Angleton exhibits strong showing at Classic (http://thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=c137d25d136f342e)

buff4life
03-04-2007, 02:27 AM
LH...1

Giddings...2

rundoe
03-04-2007, 04:44 AM
LH...1

Giddings...2

Darn!!!!!!

flowerchick
03-04-2007, 12:55 PM
They won 3, lost 1 to 5a school Clear Creek (2-0) and tied Sterling 0-0 (who beat Angleton). I think they had a good Tourney. District starts on Tuesday. Congrats to Bport. Good Luck Columbia on District. We know you Girls can do it... So the record is won 3, lost 1 and tied 2. They did play well. Great job.
Almost all 5a and some 4a.

buff4ever
03-05-2007, 09:23 AM
I bet the gidding/LH game was a good one. 2 to 1, good pitching, good defense what was it?

Reds fan
03-05-2007, 11:32 AM
This is going to be a wild year in region III softtball!

Bull19
03-05-2007, 05:49 PM
CAN SOMEONE GIVE A SCHEDULE OF BELLVILLE'S GAMES THIS WEKK

Reds fan
03-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Bellville at home vs Katy Seven Lakes Tuesday

Bellville at Foster Friday

pirate4state
03-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
This is going to be a wild year in region III softtball! I look forward to "watching" it all unfold. ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
03-05-2007, 06:43 PM
I bet the gidding/LH game was a good one. 2 to 1, good pitching, good defense what was it?

Sinton vs San Marcos was a good one;) hadnt seen a softball game in years and it was a great one with Lady Pirates winning:)

pirate4state
03-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Sinton vs San Marcos was a good one;) hadnt seen a softball game in years and it was a great one with Lady Pirates winning:)

What did you think of the call at home?? :twitch: :twitch:

SintonFan_inAustin
03-05-2007, 06:47 PM
What did you think of the call at home?? :twitch: :twitch: The ball beat her to the plate but the catcher didnt block the plate so she slid on the plate first into her mitt. So should had been safe.

3afan
03-05-2007, 06:50 PM
The ball beat her to the plate but the catcher didnt block the plate so she slid on the plate first into her mitt. So should had been safe.

thats a call thats hard to see unless you are right on top of it --- remember the fielder can no longer block bases without first having possession of the ball, otherwise its possibly obstruction

SintonFan_inAustin
03-05-2007, 06:54 PM
thats a call thats hard to see unless you are right on top of it --- remember the fielder can no longer block bases without first having possession of the ball, otherwise its possibly obstruction Ump didnt really see what happen but he saw the catcher still had the ball after the little collision and called her out at the plate, a missed call but he had bad angle to make the right call. Bleachers were so close to fence and home plate it was obvious he miss the call.

pirate4state
03-05-2007, 08:07 PM
thats a call thats hard to see unless you are right on top of it --- remember the fielder can no longer block bases without first having possession of the ball, otherwise its possibly obstruction

IMO she was blocking the plate and it should have been obstruction. SFIA how can you say he had a bad angle? He was right on top of the plate!! Hell, he had no problem calling our slapper out TWICE for stepping out of the batters box (that is a tougher angle - watching the pitch and the feet?) and he couldn't see the play develop right in front of him? C'mon. :D

Luckly, his call didn't matter in the end since we were able to score the extra runs to win.

pirateman98
03-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Was this on us or on San Marcos?

SintonFan_inAustin
03-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Was this on us or on San Marcos?

ball hit in front of homeplate runner is out at home

runners 2nd and 3rd 2 outs
This was the bottom of 7th with San Marcos leading 2-1. That run would had tied it, but lady pirates still brought those two baserunners in to win it.

ump was towards the right side of the catcher and he was trying to look around her and then just looked to see if u hang on to the ball. Great finish i was impressed with the fielding of the girls and the throws.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Who pitched for Sealy vs Bellville last week?
Bellville-2
Sealy-0

pirateman98
03-05-2007, 11:33 PM
IMO she was blocking the plate and it should have been obstruction. SFIA how can you say he had a bad angle? He was right on top of the plate!! Hell, he had no problem calling our slapper out TWICE for stepping out of the batters box (that is a tougher angle - watching the pitch and the feet?) and he couldn't see the play develop right in front of him? C'mon. :D

Luckly, his call didn't matter in the end since we were able to score the extra runs to win.

Who was the slapper, Kacee or Julie?

pirate4state
03-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Who was the slapper, Kacee or Julie? Julie

Reds fan
03-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Who pitched for Sealy vs Bellville last week?
Bellville-2
Sealy-0

Sealy folk said it was Luetge.

BTEXDAD
03-06-2007, 11:52 AM
The ball beat her to the plate but the catcher didnt block the plate so she slid on the plate first into her mitt. So should had been safe.

[QUOTE]from pirate4state:: IMO she was blocking the plate and it should have been obstruction. SFIA how can you say he had a bad angle? He was right on top of the plate!! Hell, he had no problem calling our slapper out TWICE for stepping out of the batters box (that is a tougher angle - watching the pitch and the feet?) and he couldn't see the play develop right in front of him? C'mon.

Luckly, his call didn't matter in the end since we were able to score the extra runs to win.[QUOTE]

Was this on the same play? Catcher wasn't blocking plate so runner slid on plate before tag and should have been safe?
Or other scenario, catcher was blocking plate and it should have been obstruction? Seems like you're just trying to find someway to say she should have been safe.
As stated, glad it didn't matter in outcome of game.

BTEXDAD
03-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Please start new thread about softball. I have hard time keeping up with all the reading on this one. thanks. Weather starting to warm up a little. Will be great to be at ball fields.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Sealy folk said it was Luetge.

My question was who pitched for Sealy!

Reds fan
03-06-2007, 11:45 PM
My question was who pitched for Sealy!

My profound apologies FBB... Holub threw for Sealy.

pirate4state
03-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Was this on the same play? Catcher wasn't blocking plate so runner slid on plate before tag and should have been safe?
Or other scenario, catcher was blocking plate and it should have been obstruction? Seems like you're just trying to find someway to say she should have been safe.
As stated, glad it didn't matter in outcome of game.

I've already moved past this game. :p ;) SFIA didn't think the catcher was blocking the plate and I did. Who cares now - game is in the books and we won.

Sinton Lady Pirates beat 4A Beeville tonight in extra innings. Good game. :clap: