PDA

View Full Version : We Can Be Grateful

Phil C
03-03-2003, 09:29 AM
that 3A High School Football has a playoff system even though it isn't perfect. If it was like Division One football there would only be two teams which is a shame be because in college football there is a lot of parity and there are always more than two teams that deserve to have a shot at the national championship but Division 1 NCAA football lives in the past. If we only had two teams in the playoffs last year it would have been Sinton VS Burnet based on the AP poll and the others would have been left out. Of course they would have probably had some messed up bcs poll or whatever it is that would have decided the two teams. And Everman and Bandera would never have had their state championships. Even thought it would have benefited Sinton last year I am thankful that 3A football has a playoff system. I just hope it isn't ruined by having the private schools come in who seem to operate under a different set of rules especially after the Levon James situation in Ohio.

sinton66
03-03-2003, 08:27 PM
If what I read was true, the two private schools had to agree to abide by all UIL regulations as a condition of their acceptance. I hope that holds true.