PDA

View Full Version : Monosyllabic Grunts

Blastoderm55
02-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Is this the best that some people can manage? I greet a young couple with a "Hi, how's it goin?" as they walk into my store. My greeting is ignored. As they walk toward me, I ask "May I help you with anything." This is what I get in return.

"Buhds"

"Buhds?"

So I think to myself, he means beds, but apparently cannot communicate at such a level that would warrant the usage of third grade terminology, so I replied as such.

"Don't have none."

"Don't have none?"

"No, all sold."

"Ok, tank you."

They're taking over aren't they?

:helpme: :helpme: :helpme:

big daddy russ
02-12-2007, 05:26 PM
ROFL.

I think one of my biggest problems is horrible grammar in general. Not necessarily incorrect (if you're trying, it shows), but someone who just gives no effort whatsoever to make a sentence work. Especially when you're reading it.

There are some posters on the DL who remind me of that couple. I just don't even read their posts because they're so hard to follow. That's why we have periods, commas, question marks, capitalization, etc.

I'm not the grammar police, but I understand where them (and you) are coming from. If you're talking or writing, the point is to communicate your thoughts. If nobody understands what you're saying, you must be doing a very poor job of communicating.

Blastoderm55
02-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Lady came in earlier wondering what the advantages were in buying bi-cast leather as opposed to 100% leather. After explaining, it became apparent that saving money and having a sleeker surface didn't outweigh the benefit of being able to tell your tea-buddies that you have a 100% leather sofa. Oh, and she didn't like that the bi-cast isn't puncture-proof. As if leather is. :rolleyes: He's an idea. DON'T LET FREAKING MORONS STAB YOUR SOFA!

And another dude just left. Asked if I had any chimneys. Hmmm, I'm not much of a mason, but I knew he was referring to an electric fireplace, which I do not bother carrying as we are IN SOUTH FREAKING TEXAS!

:helpme::helpme::helpme: