PDA

View Full Version : Other side to Dodge's recruiting story!

kaorder1999
02-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Word now is that when Dickey left the University he informed them that their were ZERO commits to the University for football as well as ZERO offers given. Supposed to be a story published in next day or so about this. SHould be interesting if true.

Gobbla2001
02-12-2007, 11:17 AM
But Dodge is supposed to know this :rolleyes:

Mr. Abilene, are you gunna write a "Damn I'm an Idiot" story?

kaorder1999
02-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Id like to hear a statement from Dickey on the subject.

kaorder1999
02-12-2007, 11:18 AM
and by the way the kid supposedly signed a letter of intent to play at West Texas State. At least that is what I have heard!

Gobbla2001
02-12-2007, 11:52 AM
I'd like to hear from all of the people who bashed Dodge based on a low-rate column...

bobcat1
02-12-2007, 11:56 AM
I bashed him based on the column. I guess the old Don't believe half the crap you read thing comes into play here. If he did it he would be a jerk, but because he didn't.......Lord I apologize. and bless all those starving pygmies in New Guinea. Amen

Gobbla2001
02-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Don't believe half the crap you read

Though that is true, there wasn't really anything presented to believe in... it probably is true that the kid tried to contact them... the only thing that may not have been true was "Dodge didn't want to talk to him" etc... everything other than that was just this dude crying, trying to win over a few readers by making it seem that this kid's college career had been destroyed by Dodge...

Think he's just made because at Southlake Dodge beat Abilene High once or twice, and is using the poor kid as a tool in his war against ultimate success....

Adidas410s
02-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Think he's just made because at Southlake Dodge beat Abilene High once or twice, and is using the poor kid as a tool in his war against ultimate success....

I believe the kid played at Abilene Cooper...not Abilene High ;)

Gobbla2001
02-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I believe the kid played at Abilene Cooper...not Abilene High ;)

yah, but he's not a reporter for the Abilene Cooper paper, or the Abilene High/Abilene-Wylie/However many other Abilene schools y'all have (ha) paper, he writes for the Abilene paper... you'd think he'd cover it all...

I just think the dude flipped out on this one... really needs to go soul searching in Alaska or something...

Phantom Stang
02-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
and by the way the kid supposedly signed a letter of intent to play at West Texas State. At least that is what I have heard!
Yep, it's been confirmed.;)
I read it in the Abilene Reporter News, so it's gotta be true!!:D

Phil C
02-12-2007, 12:33 PM
One important factor to be answered is that did Dickey inform the recruits of this.

Gobbla2001
02-12-2007, 01:00 PM
wait, didn't the reporter say that "dodge had the paper sitting on his desk" or whatever about this recruit?

may have been a figure of speech, but could there be any legal problems facing this columnist in the near future if Dodge wanted to go for it?

injuredinmelee
02-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Can someone post a link to this entire story from start to finish? I guess I missed it last week.

Phantom Stang
02-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Can someone post a link to this entire story from start to finish? I guess I missed it last week.
Here ya go
http://reporternews.com/abil/sp_lc_columns/article/0,1874,ABIL_8777_5336660,00.html

JR2004
02-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Who cares...It's NORTH TEXAS...Now if this whole thing had happened at a school like UT, A&M or Tech it'd be a bit of a bigger deal. The kid got another scholarship and he still gets to go to college for free.

big daddy russ
02-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Maybe all this is true, but it still doesn't explain everything. The story said that they made repeated attempts at contacting Dodge. I don't know exactly how many attempts were made, but there was more than one. If they made those attempts, then there's a chance that his status had been reported to Dodge.

On the other side of the coin, this is obviously a biased story, so I'm wondering where exactly the truth lies. I know it's somewhere in the middle-- that Dodge doesn't deserve all the blame but should shoulder some of it-- but how much does he shoulder? Did his secretary or one of his assistants not tell him the kid had called? Was he on the road when they attempted contacting him? Did he know, but keep forgetting to call him back? Maybe he just thought it was a kid calling, trying to coax Dodge into giving him a scholarship? Or maybe Dodge just put him on the backburner.

Too many people are taking sides too quickly without knowing all the details of the story. There's some blame to be placed everywhere, I'd just like to know the facts before I castrate Dickey, Dodge, or the kid.

Phantom Stang
02-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Funny thing is, that the story reporting Taylor Insall signing with WTAMU, came out on Feb 07, 2007. The day before the column bashing Dodge was printed in the same paper.:thinking:

big daddy russ
02-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Funny thing is, that the story reporting Taylor Insall signing with WTAMU, came out on Feb 07, 2006. The day before the column bashing Dodge was printed in the same paper.:thinking:
And there's another possibility. Maybe the kid only actually had to wait a week before hearing back from Dodge. Who knows?

Gobbla2001
02-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
And there's another possibility. Maybe the kid only actually had to wait a week before hearing back from Dodge. Who knows?

you never know, there were just too many holes in the story...

the fact is he finally got ahold of Dodge...

I just think without that much information that an article like this shouldn't be written...

If Dodge really did know everything and just decided he wouldn't contact him then yes, that is messed up... but nothing in that article suggested that, Dodge was just bashed up and down with little facts to back it up... the guy who wrote the article doesn't even know...

vet93
02-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Believe it or not...it is a big deal. North Texas is DI and they give full rides. WTAMU is in the same confernce as Angelo State and Tarleton and they don't often give full rides...they much more commonly give partial scholarships and it is quite a step down from DI...even a DI like North Texas.

Originally posted by JR2004
Who cares...It's NORTH TEXAS...Now if this whole thing had happened at a school like UT, A&M or Tech it'd be a bit of a bigger deal. The kid got another scholarship and he still gets to go to college for free.

Mace Griffin
02-12-2007, 03:10 PM
the mean green program is on the rise and dodge is a great coach but i hope he didnt shun a recruit like some are saying

Keith7
02-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by JR2004

North Texas is the 3rd biggest school in the state, has won its conference 4 out of the last 6 years, and i'd like you to ask texas tech just how well they did against little ole north texas the last couple of times we played.. go look at the original post about the recruiting story and look how many views it generated and then tell me its just North Texas

injuredinmelee
02-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Insall isnt good enough to play at North Texas. WAMU is a stretch also.

injuredinmelee
02-12-2007, 06:25 PM
The other things people who dont see the Abilene Reporter News Very often have to realize that Shockely is a hack. He writes articles all the time that have incorrect information in them. Its usually info that he could have confirmed if he would have gotten off his fat ass. I serously doubt he has ever participated in any sport in his life above the pop warner level.