PDA

View Full Version : Austin American Says Brock Fitzhenry

buff4ever
02-12-2007, 09:30 AM
has committed to Texas as an athlete. Don't know exactly what that means other than the fact that they probably are not considering him at QB (which we all know). We are all left to guess DB, Utility type player, returner who knows. I imagine he is too small to play RB no matter how tough. He is a great athlete, and I assume that is what they see for now and figure they can find him a spot to contribute later.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
has committed to Texas as an athlete. Don't know exactly what that means other than the fact that they probably are not considering him at QB (which we all know). We are all left to guess DB, Utility type player, returner who knows. I imagine he is too small to play RB no matter how tough. He is a great athlete, and I assume that is what they see for now and figure they can find him a spot to contribute later.

Quentin Griffin?

Brock can run the football, straight up, but doing it in college is a different story. Best wishes for him though, he busted it and earned it. I always like it when a 3A kid goes to a big DI school. Congrats to Brock and his family, hopefully we'll get to see him on the field someday.

KL3
02-12-2007, 11:26 AM
He was recruited as a WR. I'm kind of surprised UT took him so early. FWIW, A&M didn't offer him at their jr. day last weekend.

catman
02-12-2007, 11:38 AM
I would think that he would see a lot of time on special teams play.

Dogman_1969
02-12-2007, 01:40 PM
I think BF can contribute to the Horns in many ways. I know he is fast, some don't know how fast. Two years ago against WO Stark he broke a QB keeper and out ran Earl Thomas to the goal line.

I watched Jordan Pederson (Aggie DB from Lexington) play as well as Brock and Brock is a better player at the high school level. I figure Fran is looking for LB's and wants bigger players so he passed on Brock. Time will tell if that was a good decision or not.

Just remember, Speed Kills...................

\m/ Hookem \m/

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
I think BF can contribute to the Horns in many ways. I know he is fast, some don't know how fast. Two years ago against WO Stark he broke a QB keeper and out ran Earl Thomas to the goal line.

I watched Jordan Pederson (Aggie DB from Lexington) play as well as Brock and Brock is a better player at the high school level. I figure Fran is looking for LB's and wants bigger players so he passed on Brock. Time will tell if that was a good decision or not.

Just remember, Speed Kills...................

\m/ Hookem \m/

What we need are offensive linemen.