PDA

View Full Version : GRAMMYS (nf)

shankbear
02-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Stuff if Dixie chunks.

Panther One
02-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Chunks are racking up the country awards...that's the grammys for you, though.

44INAROW
02-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
Stuff if Dixie chunks.

they just won Record of the Year - (I think that's what it was, I was half a$$ listening) GGGRRRRRR that's OK, it's a free country, and I am free to mute the sound anytime one of their songs is being played......... ....

good, the music cut them off short :p :p

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-11-2007, 11:15 PM
How many of you honestly hate the Dixie Chicks because you don't like their music? The next question then is how many of you hate them because of what they said about Bush?

JR2004
02-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Never did care for their music...That they're awful Americans just adds to not caring one bit about anything they do. If I had my way I'd revoke their citizenship and send these cowards to live in the middle of the Sahara for the rest of their lives.

burnet44
02-11-2007, 11:25 PM
figure this
its the entertainment industry giving itself awards

no credibility

give em all the awards
LIKE IT MEANS ANYTHING
i dont support or buy or give them anything

the real awards should go to the people making it possible
for the stupid _____________ to sing and get awards from their
stupid _________ liberal, __________, peers.

OUR MEN AND WOMEN IN THE MILITARY
I will forever salute them

and not watch or use the advertisers of such crap

Im sure roming is just another step away here

oh well

its a free country till ya defend it then everyone gets mad

it used to be the other way around

shankbear
02-11-2007, 11:30 PM
No big surprise. The Biggie Fix.

The Academy is an unmitigated joke. There were dozens of other bands, acts and albums better than this crappola.

Maroon87
02-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
How many of you honestly hate the Dixie Chicks because you don't like their music? The next question then is how many of you hate them because of what they said about Bush?

I don't really care one way or another about WHAT they said. I don't endorse that way of thinking, but I support their right to express thaeir views openly.

However, it was the WAY it was done that rubs me the wrong way. They play hundreds of shows in the US, yet they (she) waits until they're on foreign soil to take a swipe at the Pres? Verrrry brave! If Nat really wanted to make a statement she should've said that during a concert in Dallas, Houston, or S.A.

Oh...wait. They would've booed her off the stage if she'd done that. My bad.:rolleyes:

And for the record, I own several Chicks CDs and can honestly say that Wide Open Spaces or Fly was more deserving of Album of the Year than this one. And the song that won Song of the Year isn't even the best one on this CD. But then again, once you factor in the political ramifications, you knew, what with it being the Grammys and all, that they were going to clean up. I'm sure no one saw that coming! :doh:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I don't really care one way or another about WHAT they said. I don't endorse that way of thinking, but I support their right to express thaeir views openly.

However, it was the WAY it was done that rubs me the wrong way. They play hundreds of shows in the US, yet they (she) waits until they're on foreign soil to take a swipe at the Pres? Verrrry brave! If Nat really wanted to make a statement she should've said that during a concert in Dallas, Houston, or S.A.

Oh...wait. They would've booed her off the stage if she'd done that. My bad.:rolleyes:

I just think that people are ready to send a celebrity to the guillotine as soon as they don't promote the popular opinion, and that is the only reason that their music was subject to a boycott. At least I can understand where you're coming from, but your way of thinking isn't the same as about 90 percent of the public, at least.

wedo
02-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
they just won Record of the Year - (I think that's what it was, I was half a$$ listening) GGGRRRRRR that's OK, it's a free country, and I am free to mute the sound anytime one of their songs is being played......... ....

good, the music cut them off short :p :p

Whats wrong with the Dixie Chicks?

pirate4state
02-12-2007, 10:09 AM
I have & still do like their music. I could care less what they say or what they stand or don't stand for. You start giving people that much power and you've got your own problems.

JasperDog94
02-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I just think that people are ready to send a celebrity to the guillotine as soon as they don't promote the popular opinion, and that is the only reason that their music was subject to a boycott. At least I can understand where you're coming from, but your way of thinking isn't the same as about 90 percent of the public, at least. Did you know that 63.1% of statistics are made up?:) (90% is a bit high IMO)

kaorder1999
02-12-2007, 10:18 AM
i thought it was hilarious that at their last concert at the AAC in Texas about 2000 people showed up. Their last concert before that sold out the AAC, but that was before all this happened with them!

BuffyMars
02-12-2007, 10:23 AM
I don't like country. Period.

:hand:

kaorder1999
02-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars

:hand:

:hand: back at ya! :D

Adidas410s
02-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Did you know that 63.1% of statistics are made up?:) (90% is a bit high IMO)

Prove it..(I can't)...you've been lawyered! ;)

(that's a little HIMYM humor btw ;))

JasperDog94
02-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars

:hand: Word.

Gobbla2001
02-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Sure beats the hell out of Shadaisy or however you spell it... their music is a lot better...

I'm with Maroon, it's not what they said, it's the chicken way they did it... but I've been over that for years now, that's old news...

but back to BBDE's question as to whether we hate their music or what they said... I think most just hate what they said so they say they hate their music... I think they're the most original chick-band in the mainstream and I admire that...

Another good question would be:

Did they win these Grammy's because of their music or because of what they said and stand by?

I think it's the last option there... pretty sure they haven't been gettin' a lot of play time because of Nashville's conservative ways (they control radio more than you know)... Hollywood sees this and says "Let's give conservative America a kick in the rear and give these ladies some hardware"...

whether it's right or wrong is up to all of you... it's just my own personal belief that had they released even a better album yet had not said what they said back then that we wouldn't be mentioning them and Grammy in the same sentence right now...

Bullaholic
02-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Natalie Maines should be an American from Texas first and a musician second. She has a right to her opinion, but I don't think her opinion in front of a foreign audience was supportive of America or its President and was not well received by a lot of Americans, including myself.

Historically, our nation has elected its leaders according to the free democratic process that we, the people, have put into place. We, as American citizens, pledge to support these elected officials as they carry out the duties of their offices. The greatest strength of America is that even with all our diversity, we come together as one nation with one resolve when we are threatened or our interests are at stake. The majority of patriotic Americans take issue with anyone who seeks to undermine that unity. Again, that does not mean that we cannot express our differing opinions and take issue with our leadership---but it should be done within our own "house". If we don't like our political process or any of its leaders, it is up to us to change it---not somebody in England.

Blastoderm55
02-12-2007, 11:27 AM
I'd never bothered listening to them before, but I like that song. Given the current crappy state of mainstream music, I'm not surprised to see them win, and given the backlash against them, I find it to be almost poetic justice.

AP Panther Fan
02-12-2007, 11:35 AM
I always liked their music, but didn't like the comments made by Natalie Maines.

She will never be as good as Toby Keith IMO....:cool:

Ranger Mom
02-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I always liked their music, but didn't like the comments made by Natalie Maines.

Amen....Amen....and Amen!!:D

BuffyMars
02-12-2007, 11:47 AM
I haven't watched the Grammys in...I don't know how long.

I used to be really into the Oscars and the Golden Globes...but I could give a flying hootenanny about them now.

:rolleyes:

IMO... all of the award shows nowadays are a joke!

Jason1725
02-12-2007, 12:02 PM
I have a picture of this crazy looking "lady" from the Grammy's last night, so how do you post a picture? I didn't see anything in the FAQ

Macarthur
02-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Wow! Toby Keith is a no talent ass-clown. The person that said they are not talented is completely wrong.

Let me first say that, I can't stand contemporary country music. There's no doubt the Chicks were a sentimental fav of the academy. I think t he song was a pretty good, but I don't believe artistically they are better than some that they beat out, for example John Mayer, who I believe is the most talented singer, songwriter, musician going right now.

BTW, they were right about Bush and the "war" in Iraq.

JasperDog94
02-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
BTW, they were right about Bush and the "war" in Iraq. Please re-read the posts. Most people were upset in the way they did it. Not what they (she) said.

Macarthur
02-12-2007, 12:34 PM
I don't care where they said it.

I think the reaction by the country music establishment and fans shows just how shallow and narrow minded that type of blind patriotism can be.

Don't get me started on Bush and Iraq.

Gobbla2001
02-12-2007, 12:44 PM

I think the reaction by the country music establishment and fans shows just how shallow and narrow minded that type of blind patriotism can be.

this isn't about Bush and Iraq... to help themselves be received more overseas they decided to let their tongues fly, something they wouldn't have done in America before...

Gobbla2001
02-12-2007, 12:47 PM
I gotsta stop posting on this thread... the dixie chicks deal is old and I got tired of it five years ago...

if you like it like it, if you don't, don't buy their stuff and talk about 'em... talkin' about 'em just gives 'em more publicity...

Macarthur
02-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I gotsta stop posting on this thread... the dixie chicks deal is old and I got tired of it five years ago...

if you like it like it, if you don't, don't buy their stuff and talk about 'em... talkin' about 'em just gives 'em more publicity...

You're exactly right. It should not have been that big of a story to begin with.

Rabbit'93
02-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Here's my .02

I don't like most country.
I can tolerate the DC music but when it comes to politics I'm smart enough to form my own opinion.
She acted like a 5 year old last night which lessens her credit with me.
People put too much energy into what people with a mic say.
The other brunettes eyes are too close together.
I'm slowly becoming a justin timberlake fan.
That was probably the worst awards show I've seen in a while.
The AMA's are better.
The girl that won the contest was hot.
Rascall Flatt's suck.
There needs to be more rock bands(thanks Chad)

Macarthur
02-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Here's my .02

I can tolerate the DC music but when it comes to politics I'm smart enough to form my own opinion.
The AMA's are better.
Rascall Flatt's suck.

Very boring show. Even the chili peppers were boring. I agree that Natalie is very annoying.

Timberlake is pretty talented. I just wish he wouldn't get too hip/hop.

Rascall Flatt's is a complete joke. Country music fans should be ashamed and demand that the country music establishment banish them forever. I'm sure Haggard, Cash and many of the other true country folks were vomiting in their floor (maybe not Cash ;) ).

Gobbla2001
02-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Here's my .02

The AMA's are better.
Rascall Flatt's suck.

I don't like most mainstream country myself
same with toleration and own opinions
didn't see her act like a five year old because I don't watch that crap
yes people put too much energy into what people with a mic say, and unfortuantly believe everything a person with a mic says
the other burnette is Charlie Robinson's wife, and my friend's girlfriend looks just like her
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE? I have to stop here

Gobbla2001
02-12-2007, 01:12 PM

Rascall Flatt's is a complete joke.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...

I about puke...

burnet44
02-12-2007, 01:14 PM
"I'm slowly becoming a justin timberlake fan. "

sorry

dont go to the dark side

fan? no way

Jason1725
02-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I hope this works.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2463075580099820187ccosHm

Maroon87
02-12-2007, 01:41 PM

Rascall Flatt's is a complete joke. Country music fans should be ashamed and demand that the country music establishment banish them forever. I'm sure Haggard, Cash and many of the other true country folks were vomiting in their floor (maybe not Cash ;) ).

I like a few of their songs but that singer's voice gets on my nerves after a while.

Plus, they should never be allowed to perform another Eagles song ever again, much less two...at least not publicly.:doh:

wedo
02-12-2007, 02:28 PM

Word!!!!!!

mustang59
02-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Natalie Maines should be an American from Texas first and a musician second. She has a right to her opinion, but I don't think her opinion in front of a foreign audience was supportive of America or its President and was not well received by a lot of Americans, including myself.

Historically, our nation has elected its leaders according to the free democratic process that we, the people, have put into place. We, as American citizens, pledge to support these elected officials as they carry out the duties of their offices. The greatest strength of America is that even with all our diversity, we come together as one nation with one resolve when we are threatened or our interests are at stake. The majority of patriotic Americans take issue with anyone who seeks to undermine that unity. Again, that does not mean that we cannot express our differing opinions and take issue with our leadership---but it should be done within our own "house". If we don't like our political process or any of its leaders, it is up to us to change it---not somebody in England.

Well put! That is exactly the problem I had with what they did. Voicing your political views at home is exercising your rights. Bad mouthing our leaders while you in another country is treason.
Also, WHY do all, or at least most, celebrities think we want their opinions shoved down our throats everytime they get in front of a microphone?!?!?!

Gobbla2001
02-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by mustang59
Well put! That is exactly the problem I had with what they did. Voicing your political views at home is exercising your rights. Bad mouthing our leaders while you in another country is treason.
Also, WHY do all, or at least most, celebrities think we want their opinions shoved down our throats everytime they get in front of a microphone?!?!?!

Well most Celebrities have earned their status due to their hard work in their field, whether it be writing songs or acting out scripts... it is an "art", and in the art world the top names are geniuses... they're written about in articles as if they're Gods and it goes to their heads... plus they always have mics in their face, so chances are you're gunna hear what they say...

Gp83
02-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Chipsy Dicks stink!

Blastoderm55
02-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Bad mouthing our leaders while you in another country is treason.

Good gravy, in that case remind me not to get caught calling Bush a doodie-head when I'm abroad. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Speaking out against your leaders doesn't make you disloyal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason), it makes you a conscious citizen and not another automaton who takes everything at face value.

mustang59
02-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Well most Celebrities have earned their status due to their hard work in their field, whether it be writing songs or acting out scripts... it is an "art", and in the art world the top names are geniuses... they're written about in articles as if they're Gods and it goes to their heads... plus they always have mics in their face, so chances are you're gunna hear what they say...

I agreed with Larry the Cable Guy when he said, "that little fat one needs to shut up". Or something to that effect.

JasperDog94
02-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Good gravy, in that case remind me not to get caught calling Bush a doodie-head when I'm abroad. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Speaking out against your leaders doesn't make you disloyal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason), it makes you a conscious citizen and not another automaton who takes everything at face value. True. Doing it overseas does however make you a coward.

Blastoderm55
02-12-2007, 03:16 PM
True. Doing it overseas does however make you a coward.

No, not really. It is cowardice to keep one's opinion bottled up in fear of the ramifications of said opinion. I will, however, acknowledge that I had no idea of their views until they were expressed overseas. If anything, they were cowards domestically, afraid of the backlash at U.S. concerts where thousands of inebriated fans would have no-doubt foamed at the mouth had they put forth an opinion unlike Toby Keith's.

JasperDog94
02-12-2007, 03:17 PM
If anything, they were cowards domestically, afraid of the backlash at U.S. concerts where thousands of inebriated fans would have no-doubt foamed at the mouth had they put forth an opinion unlike Toby Keith's. Exactly. They were cowards.

pirate4state
02-12-2007, 03:19 PM
True. Doing it overseas does however make you a coward.

I disagree. They just happened to be out of the country when all that stuff happened. It isn't like they ran & hid when they were back in America. You can not hide anything you do these days. :rolleyes:

Well unless you are Bin Laden then you are a master at hiding.

JasperDog94
02-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I disagree. They just happened to be out of the country when all that stuff happened. It isn't like they ran & hid when they were back in America. Un-Word.;)

burnet44
02-12-2007, 03:28 PM
low moment

In accepting the Best Rap Album award, Ludacris took a moment to ask for the world's prayers for "his partner," who was in critical condition, then said to his friend, "I love you to death." Curious choice of words, no?

Rabbit'93
02-12-2007, 03:32 PM
If anything, they were cowards domestically, afraid of the backlash at U.S. concerts where thousands of inebriated fans would have no-doubt foamed at the mouth had they put forth an opinion unlike Toby Keith's. DC fans don't get inebriated.
Lackluster concert sales should have been considered when she opened her yap. Consider it freedom of choice.:D

Maroon87
02-12-2007, 03:35 PM
If anything, they were cowards domestically, afraid of the backlash at U.S. concerts where thousands of inebriated fans would have no-doubt foamed at the mouth had they put forth an opinion unlike Toby Keith's.

Tool fans get pretty hammered too, Blast.;)

Blastoderm55
02-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Tool fans get pretty hammered too, Blast.;)

No doubt! :D

Too bad this time its at the ATT Center instead of the Freeman. Won't be getting the second-hand buzz. :cool::smoker:

Bull19
02-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Charlie Robinson's

ITS ROBISON

Bandera YaYa
02-12-2007, 06:14 PM
I agreed with Larry the Cable Guy when he said, "that little fat one needs to shut up". Or something to that effect. Oh, that's really cool, Larry, call her "fat"...that will really put her in her place.....but she's not fat and wasn't when she said that....but coming from a no talent red neck who only has red necks pay to laugh at his stupid a$$ red neck jokes...yah, you tell her Larry....you tell her!! Larry the Cable guy really has no room to talk about someone's weight, now does he.....stupid red neck, wanna be ....he makes me wanna puke. Red necks make me ashamed to be from Texas....how about that????????

Gobbla2001
02-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
ITS ROBISON

whatever his family can't spell...

Gobbla2001
02-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Oh, that's really cool, Larry, call her "fat"...that will really put her in her place.....but she's not fat and wasn't when she said that....but coming from a no talent red neck who only has red necks pay to laugh at his stupid a$$ red neck jokes...yah, you tell her Larry....you tell her!! Larry the Cable guy really has no room to talk about someone's weight, now does he.....stupid red neck, wanna be ....he makes me wanna puke. Red necks make me ashamed to be from Texas....how about that????????

Yah, he's a preacher's son from Nebraska... big Redneck...

Bandera YaYa
02-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Yah, he's a preacher's son from Nebraska... big Redneck... you don't have to be from the south to be a red neck......it's a state of mind.....void of taste and class.