PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga basketball players arrested after drugs found in car

Maroon87
02-10-2007, 04:31 PM
I thought Aaron might be interested in this...

February 10, 2007

CHENEY, Wash. (AP) -- Gonzaga basketball players Josh Heytvelt and Theo Davis were arrested after police found marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms in their car during a traffic stop.

Cheney Police Cmdr. Rick Campbell said the two players were booked into the Spokane County Jail on Friday night for investigation of drug possession. Campbell said the amount of marijuana was only enough for a misdemeanor, but possession of mushrooms is a felony.

Heytvelt, a sophomore, is a starting forward and the team's second-leading scorer with 15.5 points per game. Davis is a freshman who has not played this season after having shoulder surgery in October.

A Gonzaga spokesman did not immediately return a call Saturday seeking comment.

Campbell said police pulled the car over because its tail lights were not working. Officers smelled marijuana and searched the car, he said, and the players were cooperative.

"It was close to midnight. They needed to have their lights on," Campbell said.

Davis is from Brampton, Ontario, but played most of his high school ball at Lutheran Christian Academy in Philadelphia.

District303aPastPlayer
02-10-2007, 05:00 PM
:( :( :(

mwynn05
02-10-2007, 06:11 PM
What were the doing out in cheney in the first place its a good 20 miles outside of spokane...possibly visiting friends at EWU i guess

Gobbla2001
02-10-2007, 06:15 PM
they're not supposed to go just 20 miles away from Spokane?

kepdawg
02-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
they're not supposed to go just 20 miles away from Spokane?

Of course not!

mwynn05
02-10-2007, 06:19 PM
they're not supposed to go just 20 miles away from Spokane? well there wouldnt be much reason to....theres nothing in cheney spokane is the main city

Gobbla2001
02-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
well there wouldnt be much reason to....theres nothing in cheney spokane is the main city

maybe I'm just the only one here that likes to get out and see the country side ha

mwynn05
02-10-2007, 06:22 PM
maybe I'm just the only one here that likes to get out and see the country side ha i doubt these guys do....they had probably been at ewu though

kepdawg
02-10-2007, 06:25 PM
maybe I'm just the only one here that likes to get out and see the country side ha

You are! That's why you are lonely all the time!

Gobbla2001
02-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
You are! That's why you are lonely all the time!

guess freakin' so

burnet44
02-10-2007, 07:14 PM
psychedelic mushrooms

where was bill walton?

eagles_victory
02-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Josh looks like a druggie dang i hated to here this Heytvelt would definitly be nice to have tonight against a St Marys team that knocked off the zags earlier in the season. A lot more weight is going to be put on the shoulders of Ravio Pargo and Michah Downs ( who has been a bust so far this season)

LH Panther Mom
02-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Michah Downs ( who has been a bust so far this season)
Better to be a bust than to be busted. :eek: :doh: ;)

Veritas
02-11-2007, 12:34 AM
wow what a suprise.What a shame for a great institution.These athletes have no connection to the university of Texas do they?????? Lonhorn nation student/athletes are well known for this type of behavior.

BEST,
Veritas

pirate4state
02-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Campbell said the amount of marijuana was only enough for a misdemeanor, but possession of mushrooms is a felony.

:thinking: Interesting. Didn't know possession of mushrooms was a felony. Does this include a mushroom pizza??

eagles_victory
02-11-2007, 03:01 AM
didnt slow the zags they beat saint marys (who beat the zags the first time) 60-49 tonight to extend their homecourt winning streak to 50 straight

Keith7
02-11-2007, 08:02 PM
so sad that two innocent people get in trouble and face felony charges for some what harmless drugs, but yet a girl was raped at Duke and no justice has been served.. just goes to show how screwed up the justice system is in america

mwynn05
02-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
so sad that two innocent people get in trouble and face felony charges for some what harmless drugs, but yet a girl was raped at Duke and no justice has been served.. just goes to show how screwed up the justice system is in america you really believe that stripper was raped?

Keith7
02-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
you really believe that stripper was raped?

seems like alot of smoke for there not to be a fire..

Keith7
02-11-2007, 08:07 PM
all i'm saying is they are still looking for Tupac and Biggie's killers but yet they arrested O.J. the next day.. I want justice!

lostaussie
02-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
but yet a girl was raped at Duke and no justice has been served.. just goes to show how screwed up the justice system is in america and you know this, not by proof but by..............:thinking:

Gobbla2001
02-11-2007, 08:39 PM
lost... it's a lost cause...

Gobbla2001
02-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Keith - No DNA matching the DNA of ANYONE IN THE LAX HOUSE was found ON or IN her body, though there was DNA from 5 OTHER guys in her body... she was a stripper but was "ya-know ya-know'n" on the side...

She has since changed her story...

I agree, a lot of smoke with no fire... but the DA even knew he didn't have a case, he withheld the information about the DNA from the defense and everyone else because he knew there was not case...

her fingernails (fake, of course) were found in the bathroom at the house... she said she was in a struggle and scratched one of the guys and they fell off...

no DNA of any of the guys was found under her nails, no scratches either...

But like you said, too much smoke for there to not be a fire...

Here's what I think happened:

We know she had a boyfriend... now as DNA evidence showed she had traces of five other guys in her, none of them involved in the LAX incident... these were guys she had willingly had sexual contact with...

We also know that at the time of the incident she had recently found out she was pregnant...

Now seeing how she had traces of five other guys in her, it's safe to say she may have not been too faithful in her relationship with her boyfriend...

So maybe she feared her boyfriend finding out the child wasn't his after it was born... and out of desperation she staged her own rape so that her boyfriend would think that the child was a result of her rape and not of unfaithfulness...

just my opinion...

not the best idea to do that, but she's not the sharpest person...