PDA

View Full Version : So Who's Sinton's Next Coach??

Vrabird
02-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Any Ideas on this, Or has the school board already decided this too.

cgaceb
02-10-2007, 09:31 AM
what happened to jimmy mitchel

Vrabird
02-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Heard he was on the way to Sealy.

pirate4state
02-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Vrabird
Any Ideas on this, Or has the school board already decided this too.

No clue. I wonder how long it'll take for them to hire one.

Gobbla2001
02-10-2007, 10:16 AM
I've got a hunch...

:devil:

Vrabird
02-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Is it a secret?? Vow of Silence? Cat got your tongue?

Gobbla2001
02-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Is it a secret?? Vow of Silence? Cat got your tongue?

It's a secret... it's Victoria's Secret...

Phil C
02-10-2007, 11:10 AM
I just hope we get to keep our baseball and softball coaches.

pirate4state
02-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I just hope we get to keep our baseball and softball coaches.

I hear ya Phil, I hear ya.

Anyone who would want to get rid of proven winners is just crazy!

I think it is pretty neat that our baseball coach coached our softball coach 15 years ago. :nerd: :D I think from those back-to-back state championship teams, the 5 to 6 guys that became coaches, had alot to do with Coach K's influence. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Phil C
02-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I think it is pretty neat that our baseball coach coached our softball coach 15 years ago. :nerd: :D I think from those back-to-back state championship teams, the 5 to 6 guys that became coaches, had alot to do with Coach K's influence. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It is awesome P4S. I also hope we get to keep our ladies track coach who has also done well in the past.

I am sure there will be lots of good applicants for this position. Let's hope they hire one that will keep these coaches. We sure didn't need this distraction with baseball and softball season getting underway.

Blastoderm55
02-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Arroyo from Skidmore-Tynan will likely apply for the Sinton job. I doubt he'll be getting the job in Victoria.

Gobbla2001
02-10-2007, 11:46 AM
the job in Victoria's Secret? ;)

I heard Coach Thong's getting the Victoria job

SintonFan_inAustin
02-10-2007, 11:47 AM
I think Coach K is the only one that i am sure has a job when a new AD is selected. It be hard to get a coach to come in and accept couple of coaches he didnt have in his staff before.

Gobbla2001
02-10-2007, 11:51 AM
So what ifs a coach like Arroyo did come in, are there any coaches left that coached with Arroyo before in Sinton?

sinton66
02-10-2007, 11:58 AM
If I know the folks in Sinton half as well as I think I do, Coach K will be off limits for any new HC/AD. The fans will not go along with running off a coach with 3 state championships on his belt. I know for a fact that Gene has been offered the HC/AD position before and declined it. He lives and breathes baseball, and anyone would be hard pressed to find a better one.

If, in fact, the new board allows someone to push coach K out, it will be their undoing, mark my word.

gobbler grad
02-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Arroyo from Skidmore-Tynan will likely apply for the Sinton job. I doubt he'll be getting the job in Victoria.

he was not in the top 10 this morning, so he's out of the Victoria running...

District303aPastPlayer
02-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
If I know the folks in Sinton half as well as I think I do, Coach K will be off limits for any new HC/AD. The fans will not go along with running off a coach with 3 state championships on his belt. I know for a fact that Gene has been offered the HC/AD position before and declined it. He lives and breathes baseball, and anyone would be hard pressed to find a better one.

If, in fact, the new board allows someone to push coach K out, it will be their undoing, mark my word.

I've often said that there are 3 coaches in Sinton that, if they leave, will be because they want to... The Two Baseball coaches, and the Girls Track coach... they probably have some of the best job security in the state at a coaching level...

sinton66
02-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
I've often said that there are 3 coaches in Sinton that, if they leave, will be because they want to... The Two Baseball coaches, and the Girls Track coach... they probably have some of the best job security in the state at a coaching level...

In Gene's case, he is also one of the best TEACHERS on Sinton's staff. Great relationship with the kids, good community relations. About as well rounded as you could hope for. As far as I'm concerned, he has a home in Sinton for as long as he wants. I said three championships, I believe he was also coaching Decathelon during their three state championships also. Guess that would make six, 3 athletic and 3 academic.

sinfan75
02-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
So what ifs a coach like Arroyo did come in, are there any coaches left that coached with Arroyo before in Sinton? Other than coach K and Goetzal there are no coaches left. Davis had a helluva coachin staff when he was in Sinton. 3 of his assistants became HC's and all 3 have had a lot of play-off success. Hopefully they won't take to long findin someone. Talkin to a kid the other day and hesaid none of the kids are in no weight program what so ever.

Blastoderm55
02-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Any chance Jones from Refugio would return to Sinton?

sinfan75
02-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Hard to say. Jones may but you never know. Sinton's got some good players comin up but I think it'll be a couple years before they have a really strong team.

District303aPastPlayer
02-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Other than coach K and Goetzal there are no coaches left. Davis had a helluva coachin staff when he was in Sinton. 3 of his assistants became HC's and all 3 have had a lot of play-off success. Hopefully they won't take to long findin someone. Talkin to a kid the other day and hesaid none of the kids are in no weight program what so ever.

Davis' total staff was primed to make it big... The OC ran a great offense, the DC (Mitchell) got every ounce of effort out of everyone... the other asst. coaches just fit everything.... that coaching staff was the type you dream of...

big daddy russ
02-10-2007, 04:38 PM
What ever happened to Coach Glendening? Did he already take off?

sinfan75
02-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
What ever happened to Coach Glendening? Did he already take off? I think he moved to the SA area not sure though

pirateman98
02-10-2007, 04:43 PM

He left back in '98 or '99. I know he didn't stay to long after I graduated.

big daddy russ
02-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
I think he moved to the SA area not sure though
That sucks. I know he was there in '01 when I worked for the TV station, but thought it was weird that I didn't hear much about him after that. He was a good guy. Always enjoyed talking with him.

District303aPastPlayer
02-10-2007, 05:00 PM
That sucks. I know he was there in '01 when I worked for the TV station, but thought it was weird that I didn't hear much about him after that. He was a good guy. Always enjoyed talking with him.

he went back to Navasota i thought... i could be very wrong though...

GOFOR2
02-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Davis' total staff was primed to make it big... The OC ran a great offense, the DC (Mitchell) got every ounce of effort out of everyone... the other asst. coaches just fit everything.... that coaching staff was the type you dream of...

As far as I know, Sinton still runs the same offense it did back when Davis was in charge.

sinton66
02-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Any chance Jones from Refugio would return to Sinton?

The conversation has come up with Chris, and he said he didn't know if he would return to Sinton or not if given the chance. He has 10 and 10 returning from a Refugio playoff team and is optomistic about next year.

coachingislife
02-10-2007, 07:18 PM
a

Buccaneer
02-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Ed left in 2002 to become Head Basketball Coach at Will's Point.

piratebg
02-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Ed left in 2002 to become Head Basketball Coach at Will's Point.

Ed was a weird one. :crazy:

piratebg
02-10-2007, 08:30 PM

Coach K is Sinton baseball. May they burn in hell, whoever on the school board that decides or ever tries to get rid or Coach K. :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

piratebg
02-10-2007, 08:38 PM
As far as who the ned AD/HC will be, it would be so nice to see Arroyo or Jones come back. I doubt that they will promote from within this time. We'll all just have to wait and see. There was an article in the Caller Times about Mitchell not getting the Bay City job, but it made no mention of Sealy.

GOFOR2
02-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
As far as who the ned AD/HC will be, it would be so nice to see Arroyo or Jones come back. I doubt that they will promote from within this time. We'll all just have to wait and see. There was an article in the Caller Times about Mitchell not getting the Bay City job, but it made no mention of Sealy.

What makes Jones so great? and why would he even want to come back? You sound surprised that the CC Times would not make mention of it. It is not Corpus news. They dont care much about the outlying areas.

piratebg
02-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
What makes Jones so great? and why would he even want to come back? You sound surprised that the CC Times would not make mention of it. It is not Corpus news. They dont care much about the outlying areas.

Chris Jones is a great football coach, teacher, and person all together. He was the OC for Sinton from 98-02, I believe. The offense has slowly withered away since his departure. As far as coaching goes, he and Mitchell were a one/two punch on offense and defense. They really knew their stuff. Trust me. We miss him over here.

And as far as the CC Times is concerned, I was just surprised to see the little write up they had about it.

Vrabird
02-11-2007, 12:24 AM
The Caller Times looks for stories that bring Sinton down. Maybe they think Sinton is a sinking ship. Maybe it will be good to get some new blood into the coaching system.

pirate4state
02-11-2007, 12:26 AM
The Caller Times looks for stories that bring Sinton down. Maybe they think Sinton is a sinking ship. Maybe it will be good to get some new blood into the coaching system. Them and our buddy Art ;)

Vrabird
02-11-2007, 12:35 AM
So true,so true. It pains him to even say the word Sinton.

piratebg
02-11-2007, 12:36 AM
So true,so true. It pains him to even say the word Sinton.

Especially after a Pirate victory over GP. :D

pirate4state
02-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Especially after a Pirate victory over GP. :D a shut out at that - LMAO! :D that almost made the rest of the season "okay" - ALMOST ;) :devil:

piratebg
02-11-2007, 12:41 AM
a shut out at that - LMAO! :D that almost made the rest of the season "okay" - ALMOST ;) :devil:

No kidding. When I think back to last season, that seems like it is the only hilight. And what a good one it is. :)

pirate4state
02-11-2007, 01:02 AM
No kidding. When I think back to last season, that seems like it is the only hilight. And what a good one it is. :) True. I think I may have to bump that "why you cryin' Sinton" thread --- only b/c now I'm cryin' b/c Mitchell is gone. :weeping:

T-Time
02-11-2007, 10:22 AM
as for Goetzel, he is glad the girls track coach from ingleside left.

JUST KIDDING JIMMY, I will miss the friendly compition we had. GOOD LUCK this spring.

Vrabird
02-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Did anyone read the article in cc caller about ST assistant coach under Arroyo? Sounds like a very good coach and had some great moves as a high school running back in his days as a player.

pirate4state
02-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by T-Time
as for Goetzel, he is glad the girls track coach from ingleside left.

JUST KIDDING JIMMY, I will miss the friendly compition we had. GOOD LUCK this spring.

ahhhhh, Coach Goetzel :inlove: :D ;)

My cousin, long distance runner, better get him some much needed points this year!! :clap:

Go Lady Pirates!

GOFOR2
02-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Chris Jones is a great football coach, teacher, and person all together. He was the OC for Sinton from 98-02, I believe. The offense has slowly withered away since his departure. As far as coaching goes, he and Mitchell were a one/two punch on offense and defense. They really knew their stuff. Trust me. We miss him over here.

And as far as the CC Times is concerned, I was just surprised to see the little write up they had about it.

Jones may have been a good coach in Sinton, but I am sure the Alaniz boys, Robert Hughes, Marcus Charles, the Bess boys, the Salone boys, Julian Ruiz, Bubba Heard and guys like that had nothing to do with that, huh? Unfortunately, Sinton doesnt have kids like that any longer. So do you judge the quality of the coach by the talent and wins or by the ability to get the most out of what he/she has to work with? The current OC got a lot out of the kids he had to work with. I am sure all of the Coastal Bend would have had him enshrined into the Hall of Fame had he had such talent to work with as well.

LH Panther Mom
02-11-2007, 07:15 PM
So do you judge the quality of the coach by the ability to get the most out of what he/she has to work with? That gets my vote.

maroonpunt
02-12-2007, 03:21 PM
both coaches mentioned are great coaches and would do a good job here in Sinton. I hope it is an easy and painless process and a QUICK one, I hate it when it drags out. I remember when coach Davis left it was quick because they promoted from within, i wonder if that may happen this time.

pirate4state
02-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by maroonpunt
both coaches mentioned are great coaches and would do a good job here in Sinton. I hope it is an easy and painless process and a QUICK one, I hate it when it drags out. I remember when coach Davis left it was quick because they promoted from within, i wonder if that may happen this time. Possible, but doubtful

Blastoderm55
02-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Guess it would depend on which coaches would leave with Mitchell or stay.

maroonpunt
02-12-2007, 04:09 PM
what about soza in beeville, would he come back?

pirate4state
02-12-2007, 04:10 PM

:eek: :eek: oh wow.........

Blastoderm55
02-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Leave our coach out of this! :mad::p

burnet44
02-12-2007, 04:31 PM
bill parcells

Phil C
02-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
bill parcells

Really! That would be great! Welcome to Sinton Bill! :clap:

scotty
02-12-2007, 05:38 PM
The Chris Jones mentioned earlier, could he be the one who graduated from Sealy High School? If he is the one, his dad was coach at Sealy before they hired TJ Mills. Chris was a fine athlete and may still hold a Sealy track record. Where is he now?

pirate4state
02-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by scotty
The Chris Jones mentioned earlier, could he be the one who graduated from Sealy High School? If he is the one, his dad was coach at Sealy before they hired TJ Mills. Chris was a fine athlete and may still hold a Sealy track record. Where is he now? The Chris Jones that coached in Sinton is now in Refugio.

OnceABucJr
02-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Yes, Chris graduated from Sealy!!!!!

Vrabird
02-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Kinda weird with the same schools getting involved in this coaching shakeup!!!

sinton66
02-12-2007, 09:10 PM

Not even on a bet.

ol country boy
02-12-2007, 09:15 PM
wHAT ABOUT HIS BROTHER?

sinfan75
02-12-2007, 09:55 PM
maybe the coach from Three Rivers will throw his name into the pot.:thinking:

T-Time
02-12-2007, 10:01 PM
what about the boy from sinton that is in mustang country

sinton66
02-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by T-Time
what about the boy from sinton that is in mustang country

As far as I know, he's happy there.

maroonpirate04
02-12-2007, 10:08 PM
I wish Brent Davis would come back and take command of the Pirate Ship I think Sinton fans would be happy to see that happen . He's gets my vote to come back for sure:clap:

sinton66
02-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Somebody drive to Alice and talk with that man!!!!;)

pirate4state
02-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Brent Davis is happy in Alice.

I just really hope they don't drag this out. :rolleyes:

Buccaneer
02-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Is Gary Davenport available? Wasn't his contract in George West just for 6 months?

pirate4state
02-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Is Gary Davenport available? Wasn't his contract in George West just for 6 months? wow that would be crazy.

District303aPastPlayer
02-13-2007, 01:03 AM
wow that would be crazy.

both coaches in GW were given a year contract extension

Vrabird
02-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Heard that the head man in Ingleside is doing a great job.

pirate44
02-13-2007, 08:48 AM
i have a question. what happens if the new HC or staff doesnt play certain kids?

maroonpunt
02-13-2007, 09:16 AM
i heard the same thing but it could just be rumors.....winning usually cures everything......coach should always play the players who give the team the very best chacne to be successful....

Ingleside Fan
02-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Heard that the head man in Ingleside has alot of internal grumbling. Kinda hard to play and work for. Just a rumor.

So quit trying to spread those rumors. Ingleside is still reaching for the next level. :)

pirate4state
02-13-2007, 10:19 AM
we must all be hanging out in the same place -- i've heard that as well *shrug* go figure ....

any hoo ---- fofo - as far as not playing certain kids - i think it just depends on who mommy & daddy are :rolleyes: as far as "what happens" ----------> :weeping: :bigcry:

SintonFan
02-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
bill parcells
:clap: :thumbsup:
I'd go for that. But knowing our luck we'd get a transfer from Ray HS named Tito Owens or something like that. Then he be in the local paper or Mack the Hack's lips all the time with stories trashing the other players and him saying he never got the ball enough. Mid season we get our 3rd win and he coach would start crying and kiss the mascot.:(
Nevermind, that's a bad idea afterall.:doh: :o

sotxrat
02-13-2007, 01:19 PM
will mitchell take goetzel with him? His son is a senior and I was just wondering. He will not have any kids at home. What is the word on the street in Sinton about this?

Buccaneer
02-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat
will mitchell take goetzel with him? His son is a senior and I was just wondering. He will not have any kids at home. What is the word on the street in Sinton about this?

The question is would Goetzel go with him. I don't think so.

OnceABucJr
02-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Jimmy's wife is the Super's secretary and has been through several HFC/AD's at SHS - he's not going anywhere.

pirate4state
02-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat

Probably not. Lots of "words" on the street. :p :p

pirate4state
02-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
:clap: :thumbsup:
I'd go for that. But knowing our luck we'd get a transfer from Ray HS named Tito Owens or something like that. Then he be in the local paper or Mack the Hack's lips all the time with stories trashing the other players and him saying he never got the ball enough. Mid season we get our 3rd win and he coach would start crying and kiss the mascot.:(
Nevermind, that's a bad idea afterall.:doh: :o

ROFLMAO!! Tito Owens. :D :D :clap: LMAO!

AP Panther Fan
02-13-2007, 02:40 PM
:eek:

I shouldn't miss so many days on the downlow....

hate to hear that Coach Mitchell is leaving, I have always admired the way he kicks our butt every year.;)

LH Panther Mom
02-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i have a question. what happens if the new HC or staff doesnt play certain kids? Boo-hoo :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Sorry....I'm not a fan of "political" play-time. :rolleyes:

pirate44
02-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Boo-hoo :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Sorry....I'm not a fan of "political" play-time. :rolleyes:
i will definately be voting according to the info i have heard.

Vrabird
02-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Any new news?? Heard that Sinton School Board meets tonite! Mitchell is officially out and accepted in Sealy.

Buccaneer
02-15-2007, 09:40 PM
I saw where Sinton made Channel 6 news tonight. Two students arrested for trying to burn the guard shack at the high school.

Vrabird
02-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Why does the news always show up for the bad news in Sinton? Why can't they report the good news?

sinton66
02-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Because it was Ch. 6. Mack the hack works there.

Vrabird
02-15-2007, 10:10 PM
He was probably here because GP and Alice girls played basketball tonite in Sinton gym. Doesn't he live in GP?

pirate4state
02-15-2007, 10:41 PM
I saw where Sinton made Channel 6 news tonight. Two students arrested for trying to burn the guard shack at the high school.

I was wondering when this would make the news.

sinton66
02-15-2007, 10:44 PM
He was probably here because GP and Alice girls played basketball tonite in Sinton gym. Doesn't he live in GP?

I believe he does. And, Dale Nelson's wife works for Sinton ISD.

pirate4state
02-15-2007, 10:45 PM
I believe he does. And, Dale Nelson's wife works for Sinton ISD. I think Matt Terhune's wife does too. :thinking:

Sinton94
02-16-2007, 08:35 AM
I wonder if our illustrious school board as even thought about making a counter offer.:thinking:

pirate44
02-16-2007, 08:45 AM
I think Matt Terhune's wife does too. :thinking:
I see him and his wife walking around town with their stroller

Sinton94
02-16-2007, 08:55 AM
How many school board member kids will the new AD have to guarantee varsity spots over the next few years.

Oh and playing time!:mad:

Phil C
02-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Maybe I ought to run for school board. I don't have any kids that would be playing sports. Hmmmm!

;) J/K

pirate4state
02-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94
How many school board member kids will the new AD have to guarantee varsity spots over the next few years.

Oh and playing time!:mad:

:evil: :evil: :thinking:

Sinton94
02-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Maybe I ought to run for school board. I don't have any kids that would be playing sports. Hmmmm!

;) J/K

I think that should be a requirement

AP Panther Fan
02-16-2007, 11:02 AM

Was that the building at the football field entrance where tickets were sold? It looked familiar.

pirate4state
02-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Was that the building at the football field entrance where tickets were sold? It looked familiar.

Nope. There is now a guard shack at the entrance of the high school parking lot. Guess the kids didn't like it. :doh: :doh:

Vrabird
02-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Seen it in cc caller that Mitchell has been accepted in Sealy and will be there tomorrow. Any word on who he is taking with him and who is coming or in the running for the Sinton AD?

scotty
02-18-2007, 09:38 AM
The offensive and defensive coordinator's are coming with him. One of those is his brother and the other I don't know who he is.

Vrabird
02-18-2007, 10:16 AM
What happens to the spring sports,like softball or golf, if these coaches go with Mitchell?

pirate4state
02-18-2007, 10:32 AM
What happens to the spring sports,like softball or golf, if these coaches go with Mitchell? Why would the softball coach leave during his season? Especially with the team he has?

SintonFan_inAustin
02-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Why would the softball coach leave during his season? Especially with the team he has? if they do leave i am sure it be after the school year or season. I dont see any staying except Coach K. The new AD will want his staff in place unless he dont have all the coaching spots filled and accepts some that didnt leave to Sealy or somewhere else. Sinton to get where they used to be needs to get the sub varsity teams winning again like they did before. Pirates didnt run out of talent(high school talent not NFL), they just didnt get develop like they did in previous years. New AD has it work cut out to rebuild the program.

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Anyone hear anything over the weekend? Any names being tossed around???

I've heard two, but I think everyone already knows/expected those two.

Johnny Utah
02-19-2007, 03:20 PM
SintonFaninAustin sounds as if you are basically saying the assistant coaches on the staff in Sinton did not do their job. Wow!! Hope these guys do not read this board. If that is the case, they need to get rid of all the coaches in numerous places that have won at one time, but have not in some time.

IHStangFan
02-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Hesseltine will move from Ingleside to Sinton....mark my words....been waiting on this to happen. LOL.

GOFOR2
02-19-2007, 03:22 PM
SintonFan, maybe those coaches ought to go and see what kind of job you're doing at your current employment since you are implying these coaches arent doing a good enough job at theirs.

GOFOR2
02-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Hesseltine will move from Ingleside to Sinton....mark my words....been waiting on this to happen. LOL.

AND......? I thought Ingledink was on the way up.

SintonFan
02-19-2007, 03:28 PM
SintonFan, maybe those coaches ought to go and see what kind of job you're doing at your current employment since you are implying these coaches arent doing a good enough job at theirs.
Huh?
I'm SintonFan...
he's SFiA.:p

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
SintonFaninAustin sounds as if you are basically saying the assistant coaches on the staff in Sinton did not do their job. Wow!! Hope these guys do not read this board. If that is the case, they need to get rid of all the coaches in numerous places that have won at one time, but have not in some time.

I think it would be hysterical. I mean, we all know coaches have thick skin. I'm sure they've heard worse. :evil:

I'm trying to think of assistant coaches that have won at one time, but haven't in awhile :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: hmmmmmmmmmm.....I don't really follow golf or tennis.

Johnny Utah
02-19-2007, 03:49 PM
They have golf and tennis in Sinton??? Soccer? Swimming?? Close to the coast!!!

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 03:53 PM
They have golf and tennis in Sinton??? Soccer? Swimming?? Close to the coast!!!

Well, we have nice new tennis courts we better have tennis. Seriously though....I have no clue who the coach is for tennis. So weird. The golf coach is a pretty cool cat. :cool:

Buccaneer
02-19-2007, 03:53 PM
I talked to a school board member and he expects over 100 applicants. He told me Coach Smith is staying. He also told me he would love to see Coach K become the AD. But that will depend on who the new head football coach is and if he is willing to give those duties up. Remember all the assistant coaches, both Sealy's and Sinton's, are teachers so there won't be a mass exodus until after the school year.

Sinton94
02-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

Why are ya'll ready to get rid of him:thinking: :thinking:

Sinton94
02-19-2007, 04:02 PM
I talked to a school board member and he expects over 100 applicants. He told me Coach Smith is staying. He also told me he would love to see Coach K become the AD. But that will depend on who the new head football coach is and if he is willing to give those duties up. Remember all the assistant coaches, both Sealy's and Sinton's, are teachers so there won't be a mass exodus until after the school year.

TRUE..................but I don't think coach K is looking for extra duties, but he would make a great AD!

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
TRUE..................but I don't think coach K is looking for extra duties, but he would make a great AD!

Funny how you hear all these things around town. Some school board members wanting him gone and some wanting to appoint him AD. This town is on crack!

I love Coach K and think he is just fine where he is - head baseball coach and head of the history department. :thumbsup:

SINTON65
02-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Do you think Coach K would want the job as AD? Did he even apply when the position was open before Brent Davis was hired or before Jimmie Mitchell was hired? If not, I don't see him applying now.

District303aPastPlayer
02-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by SINTON65
Do you think Coach K would want the job as AD? Did he even apply when the position was open before Brent Davis was hired or before Jimmie Mitchell was hired? If not, I don't see him applying now.
NO and NO

SintonFan_inAustin
02-19-2007, 07:07 PM
SintonFan, maybe those coaches ought to go and see what kind of job you're doing at your current employment since you are implying these coaches arent doing a good enough job at theirs. AD cant do it on his own so all coaches contribute to a good program. i sure some have tried to do my job before i get there,some have done it;) and i always open to here what they think. What fans cant give their opinions on a program and i dont think i bashed them like some have during the season.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-19-2007, 07:10 PM
If that is the case, they need to get rid of all the coaches in numerous places that have won at one time, but have not in some time. Wow didnt realize coaches stay in the same place always thanks for pointing it out

sinton66
02-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Anyone hear anything over the weekend? Any names being tossed around???

I've heard two, but I think everyone already knows/expected those two.

I saw a board member at lunch after church and he told me he has had six coaches call and inquire so far. Mitchell was gone only a couple of days at that time. Believe he said one was from West Texas, believe he said Sterling City, but don't quote me.

sinton66
02-19-2007, 07:21 PM

Gene has been offered the position before. He doesn't want it. He wants to teach History and coach baseball. That's it. As far as I am concerned, as long as he is willing to stay in Sinton, I think Sinton should let the man do exactly what he wants. In fact, if I were on the board, the new AD would have complete control over his staff except for Gene. You just can't argue with a man who has three state championships (Six if you count Academic Decathelon)to his credit and consistantly fields a perinnial contender.

IHStangFan
02-19-2007, 08:19 PM
AND......? I thought Ingledink was on the way up. yeah, state semi finals, I'd say that was on the way up....maybe he WILL stay put. With Sinton's performance this past season, and what I'm hearing they have coming back, he'd be better off to stay in "Ingledink"

Ingledink LOL :rolleyes:

sinton66
02-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Whose JV won district?

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Whose JV won district?

I think maybe Sinton, but don't quote me on that ;)

sinton66
02-19-2007, 08:45 PM
;)

Vrabird
02-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Is there any kind of time frame in place to get a new coach in here and get started??

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 08:56 PM
I should have gone to the school board meeting today, but I figured Prison Break would be more dramatic.

Vrabird
02-19-2007, 08:59 PM
I thought the school board meets on Tuesday?

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 09:00 PM
I thought the school board meets on Tuesday? nope they had a meeting tonight - maybe they do normally? this could be a "special" meeting.

sinton66
02-19-2007, 09:01 PM
She's probably a day ahead of us regular people.;)

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 09:02 PM
She's probably a day ahead of us regular people.;)

Well, that's what I heard at the booster club meeting tonight. I drove by there and there were a few cars out there.

Vrabird
02-19-2007, 09:02 PM
I guess they are trying to get things moving as fast as possible.

sinton66
02-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Well, that's what I heard at the booster club meeting tonight. I drove by there and there were a few cars out there.

Just razzing ya, don't be upset.:D

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 09:03 PM
I guess they are trying to get things moving as fast as possible. I hope so, but I also hope they don't rush into any rash decisions. :p

SintonFan
02-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Man, I'd say take your time and get the pick for future HC right. I remember the mid 90's and success that was had with getting a AD/HC quick.:doh:
That and as long as Coach K remains is paramount. That guy can teach as well as coach. He personally helped to make history special for me along with someone from JR. High(Texas History). I think that was Coach Cueva back then? Coach K is an asset that could never be replaced.:clap: :)

pirate4state
02-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Man, I'd say take your time and get the pick for future HC right. I remember the mid 90's and success that was had with getting a AD/HC quick.:doh:
That and as long as Coach K remains is paramount. That guy can teach as well as coach. He personally helped to make history special for me along with someone from JR. High(Texas History). I think that was Coach Cueva back then? Coach K is an asset that could never be replaced.:clap: :)

Yes, that was Coach Cueva. :D I think he is in Robstown now, but I'm not sure if he is still coaching/teaching. :thinking:

SintonFan
02-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Yes, that was Coach Cueva. :D I think he is in Robstown now, but I'm not sure if he is still coaching/teaching. :thinking:
I know that you learned all about the Karankawas and all the Coastal Bend Indians in his class.:D

maroonpunt
02-20-2007, 09:20 AM
so who are we looking to bring in here to lead our pirate nation.....

maroonpirate04
02-20-2007, 01:16 PM
I just hope they make a wise decison and pick someone who has had playoff experience success especially ones that had a deep run for the state title. Someone who can connect with the community and the students at SHS. A person who is willing to lead our ship on a great journey for the rest of this decade and not sink our ship:eek: Sinton has come a long way in keeping its playoff run a success since 1998 when Class 3A were broken in 2 divisons. They worked to hard in avoiding a playoff drought. To let it slip away easily.