PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens a Cowboy next year?

SintonFan_inAustin
02-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Dallas locker room has two lockers where everything is removed including name tag. Drew Bledsoe and Terrell Owens lockers. Is this a sign they will not return with the Cowboys, I think it is as Jerry Jones is wondering if he should pay Owens 8 million for another year.

LeonJr
02-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Leon hopes T.O. is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Gobbla2001
02-09-2007, 07:40 PM
no, bledsoe and owens had a bet going, bledsoe won the bet so now TO's locker is by the guy with the smelly farts...

Gobbla2001
02-09-2007, 07:41 PM
nm

LeonJr
02-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Leon will fart on T.O's FACE!

BuffyMars
02-10-2007, 11:05 AM
I must be the lone ranger on this one...I hope he stays! :nerd:

Gobbla2001
02-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars

yah... I think his past is all that people see... minus a few dropped balls he didn't cause the team any harm this year...

BuffyMars
02-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
yah... I think his past is all that people see... minus a few dropped balls he didn't cause the team any harm this year...

Yeah regardless of what people say the boy has some decent stats....with that said, they could be better. ;)

I'm just not ready to give up on him yet....afterall we converted him from The Eagle ways...anything is possible! :tongue:

pirate4state
02-10-2007, 11:09 AM

I want him to stay.

BuffyMars
02-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Woohoo!! I am not alone! :D

I just got his dang jersey last year too...:mad:

Emerson1
02-10-2007, 11:18 AM
I hope he stays to. Hopefully this coach won't go out of his way to make sure he doesn't get the ball.

Ranger Mom
02-10-2007, 11:21 AM
I say give the boy a chance!!

JakefootballGOD
02-10-2007, 11:30 AM
me 2....i think the offense will really struggle without his presence on the field!!!

eagles_victory
02-10-2007, 11:36 AM
I hope hes back yea he had some drops but hopefully his hand will be healthy next year and he can rectify the drops problem. Plus hes an impact player on offense dallas needs a guy like that

JakefootballGOD
02-10-2007, 11:37 AM
yes they do...if they dont have a deep threat of the field...they cant run the ball..that is a huge part of every teams game

Gp83
02-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I want him to stay.
8 mil could buy a lot of players. I wish he would stay also but $8,000,000?:thinking:

GOFOR2
02-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Dallas locker room has two lockers where everything is removed including name tag. Drew Bledsoe and Terrell Owens lockers. Is this a sign they will not return with the Cowboys, I think it is as Jerry Jones is wondering if he should pay Owens 8 million for another year.

we could only hope. of course that jerk is prolly just pulling our chain. you know he has to create some kind of controversy to stay in the media during the off season.

burnet44
02-10-2007, 06:45 PM
I hope TimeOut comes back
you will never win with guys like that
please stay in dallas TimeOut
keep explaining what a genius Jerry is

you 2 guys can )(*& up rock

keep up the good work

it amazes me how many people talk about stats
there is only ONE stat
winning

so go ahead quote stats
catches yards ect

you cant win with stats

quick homw many TD's did marvin harrison last year?
ill bet you can quote TO's but not marvins

stats are for losers

win games TO and Jerry and Dallas

pro football in many organizations
is going the way of the NBA
it aint about winning

its about how many jerseys u can sell
all Individual STATS-JERSEYS sell sell sell

see Jerry sold so much he can build Jerry Land

fire away
I know some of u will

and while your at it
watch the pro bowl
all the stars are there

people dont root for teams anymore
they root for laundry
some guys jersey

so plaes Jerry keep TimeOut
keep not winning the super bowl

IF Im lucky
Wade said get rid of him
Jerry is waiting before the roster bonus deadline

naw Im not that lucky

quote me

"you will never win with TO
no matter how talented he is"

fire away

kepdawg
02-10-2007, 06:50 PM
B44 I agree with almost everything you said, but I do know how many TD's Harrison had!

burnet44
02-10-2007, 07:13 PM
no

he has a ring

who cares how many TD's he has

NDFootball
02-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
we could only hope. of course that jerk is prolly just pulling our chain. you know he has to create some kind of controversy to stay in the media during the off season.

He's trying to create contoversy by taking his stuff out his locker to create controversy? OKKKKKKKKKKKK :rolleyes:

Ok b44, before this year all Harrison had was stats...was he useless to you then? Or do you say that just because it's TO and Jerry? One person doesn't make the team there buddy.

piratebg
02-10-2007, 08:49 PM
I think they should keep him but move him to the inside where he is more of a threat.

burnet44
02-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Ok b44, before this year all Harrison had was stats...was he useless to you then? Or do you say that just because it's TO and Jerry? One person doesn't make the team there buddy.

harrison is a guy u can win with
ask philly
they had TO
did not win
yeah I know TO had a great game
the eagles let him down

ask the niners

"you will never win with TO
no matter how talented he is"

and now that he has jerry
it will not happen

hollar when it does

both or ethier of them will muck it up for the boys

Snydertigersrul
02-10-2007, 10:52 PM

I hope he stays also.

pirate4state
02-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2

:hand: :hand: whatever rutgers boy :p

Emerson1
02-11-2007, 09:59 AM
According to b44's logic, Dan Marino sucks and is the most overrated quarterback to ever play the game. And you would be an idiot if you wanted him on your team, after all he never won anything.

burnet44
02-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
According to b44's logic, Dan Marino sucks and is the most overrated quarterback to ever play the game. And you would be an idiot if you wanted him on your team, after all he never won anything.

no
you could win with dan
dan didnt have enough help
and to compare dan and TO is stupid
if you are gonna compare
at least make it rice
dan and rice are comaprable

what I am saying nn
you cant win with players LIKE TO
dan wasnt a player like TO

im sure u will say that TO doesnt have enough help

this is a team game nn
football is the ultimate team game
TEAMS win
but everyone must play together
TO's teams will never play together
because the drut is always out for him self

he will divide a team
and kill it

its players LIKE that that kill ya

you must play together

MOSS-TO-are team killers

you have no concept of what I am saying

I have played and coached for 30 years
I have seen this on every level

there are just some guys
no matter how talented
you just aint gonna win with

TO is one

Barry Bonds is another

Mike Vick

druts divide your team and you get conquered

crzyjournalist03
02-11-2007, 12:28 PM
T.O.'s numbers speak for themselves...despite everybody talking about how overrated he was last year, he put up the TD's, he had one of the highest yardage totals in Cowboys history, and he even missed some time with a broken finger...he's not the best character in the world, but he hasn't done anything outrageous...say what you will about the "suicide"...that wasn't him, that was his publicist. Wearing a discovery channel outfit while riding an exercise bike? Pure genious considering the media was watching him every day to see how he was "looking" on the bike.

Wearing a Santa hat on Christmas? It's Christmas for Pete's sake!!!!

I'm not a T.O. fan, but I think his "problems" in Dallas have been way overblown.

You want a problem? How about a head coach who won't talk to his player or even acknowledge him by name? Now that's a problem. Wade Phillips has alredy made an effort to reach out and talk with Owens. I forsee a BIG season for him next year, especially with the chemistry he built with Romo toward the end of this year!

NDFootball
02-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
T.O.'s numbers speak for themselves...despite everybody talking about how overrated he was last year, he put up the TD's, he had one of the highest yardage totals in Cowboys history, and he even missed some time with a broken finger...he's not the best character in the world, but he hasn't done anything outrageous...say what you will about the "suicide"...that wasn't him, that was his publicist. Wearing a discovery channel outfit while riding an exercise bike? Pure genious considering the media was watching him every day to see how he was "looking" on the bike.

Wearing a Santa hat on Christmas? It's Christmas for Pete's sake!!!!

I'm not a T.O. fan, but I think his "problems" in Dallas have been way overblown.

You want a problem? How about a head coach who won't talk to his player or even acknowledge him by name? Now that's a problem. Wade Phillips has alredy made an effort to reach out and talk with Owens. I forsee a BIG season for him next year, especially with the chemistry he built with Romo toward the end of this year!

Agreed. The only people that create the problems with TO are the people that say he's a problem. He didn't "tear apart" any teams because they're adults and professional athletes, that's all the media's doing. But IF he did tear apart the 49ers and Eagles then that's just kind of sad frankly and they have no business calling themselves adults OR professionals for that matter. This is the NFL not Jr. High School.

burnet44
02-11-2007, 03:07 PM
yeah it is adulthood
not jh

you make excuses for TO?

its everybodys fault but his?
how do you think he got the way he is
people making excuses for him since jh

so let me get this right
TO is the adult here and the Eagles-Niners-and Cowboys
and the jh guys?

athletic ability=excuses for behavior

just like Mike huh
the league made me do drugs and hookers
the league made me get suspended
the league made me not speak to my position coach
the league made Jerry give me a job
my jh teacher hurt my self esteem

people who make excuse for others amaze me

fire away

go to TO's HOF ceremony
tell the world how great he is

buy his jerseys
give him and jerry your money

look the guy is a drut
ok

face it

quit making excuse for him
that will only encourage him
then you will have to make some more excuses for him

remember that

you will have to defend him again

dumbest thing Ive heard on here
TO is the adult here

gezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Macarthur
02-11-2007, 03:42 PM
I agree that the TO stuff is overblown.

I could go either way on him coming back.

If they use that money and go get clements or a. samuel for CB (move Henry to S) and draft a stud WR in the first, then I'm okay with him not coming back.

I think a group of Bowe (WR LSU), Glenn, Crayton & Whitten would be just fine with an upgrade to OL, either by draft or FA.

I guess my point is, it's not just about TO. If I know what I'm going to get with his 8 million, then let's talk, but to get rid of him just to get rid of him would be foolish, IMO.

Hansum Stranger
02-11-2007, 04:28 PM
In reality TO's salary is around $5million this year. The rest is part of the signing bonus that he recieved last year. You will not find a player with more impact on a game for $5million than TO. They will keep him and TO will have better numbers next season when the gameplan involves moving TO around more.

slpybear the bullfan
02-11-2007, 04:51 PM
b44, you use very "selective" logic. Please answer the previous question...

Prior to this season, was Marvin harrison a "loser" because all he had was stats?