PDA

View Full Version : Amarillo Caprock Baseball Players involed auto accident during practice??

sectionCwannabe
02-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Caprock Parents Outraged over Accident

Three Caprock High School athletes are recovering from injuries they suffered in a serious accident Monday when their car flipped over the I-40 highway overpass near the downtown interchange.

The three baseball players were on their way to batting cages for practice.

One of the teens suffered spinal injuries that could keep him from playing sports ever again. The other two are expected to recover fully.

Now the parents are upset because they say they weren't notified that their kids would be practicing outside of school, and that their kids weren't given safe transportation to the batting cages.

Parents say when they asked coaches and school officials about it, they were refused an answer.

But NewsChannel 10 spoke with AISD officials today, they say parents signed release forms at the beginning of the year allowing their kids to ride in private cars for practice.

video- http://newschannel10.com/Global/story.asp?S=6060575

44INAROW
02-09-2007, 08:42 AM
I thought long and hard about replying to this - but if the parents are involved AT ALL with their son's extracurricular activities , you'd think they'd KNOW where they practice - I'm just saying........ I hope the boys make a full recovery -

pirate4state
02-09-2007, 10:15 AM
So many different things I could say, but I won't. :rolleyes:

I hope these boys have a speedy recovery.