PDA

View Full Version : Romo to hold for NFC

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Romo out to get a grip

YESTERDAY, DALLAS Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo was selected to be the holder for the NFC team in Saturday's Pro Bowl in Hawaii.

As Sixers radio announcer Tom McGinnis is fond of saying: "Are you kidding me!?"

The last time Romo attempted to hold for a kick... he didn't. It caused the Cowboys to lose the NFC wild-card game against the Seattle Seahawks.

With 1:19 left in the game, Romo bobbled the hold on a 19-yard field-goal attempt and then picked up the ball and started to run. But he was tackled 2 yards short of the end zone and 1 yard shy of a first down. The Seahawks won the game, 21-20, and Romo left the field looking for a hole to crawl into.

There are some who think the only thing Romo is qualified to hold is a seminar on how not to hold. But, to his credit, Romo is eager to take the field and try again.

"It's always good to get that taste out of your mouth," he said. "You've got to move on. Eventually you've got to get on and get ready for the next season, and that's what I'm doing."

smustangs
02-08-2007, 09:51 PM
i agree with im you have to move on it could have happened to anyone just unlucky for him. it will always haunt his career just like leon lett's lil miss hap