PDA

View Full Version : My initial thoughts on Phillips

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2007, 06:40 PM
This guy is funny! He knows how to have a good time and joke around! Quite a noticeable difference from Bill.

rundoe
02-08-2007, 06:46 PM
I don't care how funny he is. Can he WIN!!!!:cool:

Maroon87
02-08-2007, 07:04 PM
I know a lot of old Oiler fans who are beside themselves...the son of Bum coaching the "Evil Empire".:eek: :D

g$$
02-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I know a lot of old Oiler fans who are beside themselves...the son of Bum coaching the "Evil Empire".:eek: :D

I like Wade, grew up watching Bum & always liked & respected him a lot. This puts me in a tough spot!

FYI: Bum's old house on HWY 6 in Missouri City is now a State Farm office. Bum had some great parties there for the team, etc. back in the day! Back then, that was way out in the country, but not anymore.

Maroon87
02-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I like Wade, grew up watching Bum & always liked & respected him a lot. This puts me in a tough spot!

FYI: Bum's old house on HWY 6 in Missouri City is now a State Farm office. Bum had some great parties there for the team, etc. back in the day! Back then, that was way out in the country, but not anymore.

I never have met Wade, but I've met Bum a few times. He's one of a kind!:cool:

g$$
02-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I never have met Wade, but I've met Bum a few times. He's one of a kind!:cool:

Agreed, fine man & king of the one-liners!

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2007, 08:36 PM
To me, the highlight of the press conference was when Jennifer Engel of the Star-Telegram asked Jerry if Wade was the guy that he was talking about over the weekend when he said he was leaning a particular direction...I've never seen Jerry stumble and hide so quickly!!! All it would have taken was a simple "yes!" and there would be no more discussion...but the fact that he didn't say yes and fidgeted around the question and then admitted that he was trying to give a vague answer has me believing that his plan was to hire Turner as HC and Rivera as DC, but when Rivera said his only interest was in HC, Jerry was forced to scramble and bring in Phillips.

Anybody else see what I'm talking about?