PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell 24 Madisonville 20 NM

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-06-2002, 11:41 PM
NM

PISSonU
09-07-2002, 06:05 PM
Orange Crush!
If Caldwell plays that way the next eight weeks, I can smell a second or third round playoff appearance - the school's first ever, but take care of Hearne first. They are a MUCH improved team from a year ago and losing to a now 2A school would completely downgrade the huge upset of Madisonville. The offense was the best I've seen out of Caldwell (when Mike Stone played, it was a one-man sideshow). The defense needs strength and power training and work on the QB blitz.
The thing that impressed me the most was how the team FINALLY didn't let its guard down too much after taking a lead or scoring. When Mville returned the kickoff for a TD in the third, I understood some because Mville was just pumped, but always b careful once you score because the other team has everything to gain and we then have everything to lose.
The team needs to start a chant like "Orange Crush" to pump the fans and tell the band to start playing louder and more often and the drums...... Sometimes it's like funeral. Watch a game film from the early 80's, the drums were getting down!

tog
09-07-2002, 11:44 PM
"The defense needs strength and power training" are you kidding me????? caldwell is one of the strongest teams around, check out their powerlifting program sometime if you want to see how strong they are,,,, "huge upset" of madisonville? they are a good team, and should do well this year but this was not a huge upset, WE BEAT THEM. they had 157 yards offense. and you think the defense lays it down????

PISSonU
09-08-2002, 12:58 AM
Dude, you need to lighten up here ok? If I wanted to rag on Caldwell, I'd ramble about all the turnovers following huge catches against Liberty Hill. Every poll has Caldwell picked around # 140 or lower so show your frustration and resentment on the field, not here. Some people on here are in wheelchairs and they have opinions, too. Geez...... Just don't embarrass us on homecoming.....

PISSonU
09-08-2002, 12:58 AM
Dude, you need to lighten up here ok? If I wanted to rag on Caldwell, I'd ramble about all the turnovers following huge catches against Liberty Hill. Every poll has Caldwell picked around # 140 or lower so show your frustration and resentment on the field, not here. Some people on here are in wheelchairs and they have opinions, too. Geez...... Just don't embarrass us on homecoming.....

PISSonU
09-08-2002, 01:11 AM
.... and any time No. 149 Caldwell beats No. 49 Madisonville (see Collier-Sharp poll - even Cobia endorses that poll), it's a huge upset.
http://www.collier-sharp.com/rsep63.html

Here's how I predict the season:
Hearne 26, Caldwell 20 (not prepared after Mville win)
Caldwell 30, Smithville 12 (Tigers poor)
Giddings 28, Caldwell 19 (Buffs want to beat rivals)
Cameron 20, Caldwell 12 (we're at home, but the Yoe don't want to miss playoffs)
Rockdale 19, Caldwell 15 (this will decide third place and whether Caldwell plays Gatesville in bi-district or stays home)
Marlin 37, Caldwell 20 (Hornets will fight hard, but Bulldogs are seasoned from 4A opponents including game vs. 4A defending champion Ennis 2 weeks earlier)
Caldwell 25, Lorena 21 (could go either way)
Caldwell 34, Troy 13 (we're just better than Troy. Period. But don't take them for granted, either. Nobody wants to end up in the cellar and this could force three-way tie for last place if Caldwell doesn't play with as much fight as they did vs. Madisonville.
I want Caldwell to win at least 6 more games, but we've got to hold the other team after we score. Good effort against Mville, but Marlin, Giddings and Cameron ain't no Mville. Trust me.....
Above all, avoid injuries and keep the grades up in classroom. If the Hornets ever wake up and realize their TRUE potential (like playing with confidence and fight every play), folks could find better places to go on Fridays or Saturdays in November or December besides the saloon downtown.
GO FOR IT!

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-08-2002, 09:15 AM
piss i agree with don't let your grad down but i think the soph know how to WIN & will not let the letdown happen. tog keep up the GOOD WORK IN THE WEIGHT ROOM.

PISSonU
09-08-2002, 09:41 AM
Yes, tog, do keep plugging away in the weight room but do so carefully. Not to jinx anything, but Caldwell is known for injuries and bulking up is the best way to prevent that. A hard body heals faster. what has made the hornet back so much quicker this year. I was real impressed Friday and this is the first year in many that we've had a great passing team. Bottom line is that if defense comes through and staves defenders from first downs inside Caldwell's 30, we could even manage a couple of shutouts against Smithville and Troy and possibly Lorena even though it would have to be a low-scoring battle probably.
Hey, when I play tennis I take a Metabolife for energy 30 minutes with plenty of water before later sets and it works wonders. If the team was to do that when hitting the locker room at the half, you might be shocked at the second-half intensity. Don't abuse that, though. It's legal and all but taking it with sinus medication is not good.

tigerSville_04
09-09-2002, 01:06 AM
DUDE im sorry but smithville is starting off alil bad believe me i know i play with them but u know what if i can just touch the ball which i will do agains ur team dont worry ill show u a shutout cuz right now our team is having lil bit of this I not team I so we have to fix that but dont worry we will be ready to face Caldwell have a nice day Sir.