PDA

View Full Version : TGCA Softball Pre-Season Poll (merged)

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Check it out - released Tuesday. :o :o :)

Conference 3A

1. Columbia
2. Bridge City
3. Sinton
4. Splendora
5. Texarkana Liberty Eylau
6. Clyde
7. Van
8. Bellville
9. Monahans
10. Rockdale

Comments: Ok, it took me a while to find Columbia but wow they were good last year and until they get beat, I've got them there again. Bridge City, Sinton and Splendora are mega-loaded while TLE, Van & Clyde are strong squads in weaker regions. Monahans is a strong West Texas bunch while Sammie Meyer and Rockdale are back and Bellville is re-loading.

LINK (http://www.austintgca.com/sball/poll.cfm)

BTEXDAD
02-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Check it out - released Tuesday. :o :o :)

Conference 3A

1. Columbia
2. Bridge City
3. Sinton
4. Splendora
5. Texarkana Liberty Eylau
6. Clyde
7. Van
8. Bellville
9. Monahans
10. Rockdale

Comments: Ok, it took me a while to find Columbia but wow they were good last year and until they get beat, I've got them there again. Bridge City, Sinton and Splendora are mega-loaded while TLE, Van & Clyde are strong squads in weaker regions. Monahans is a strong West Texas bunch while Sammie Meyer and Rockdale are back and Bellville is re-loading.

LINK (http://www.austintgca.com/sball/poll.cfm)

Would it be okay if we give back Columbia to region 4?

awizzy
02-08-2007, 03:05 PM
its going to be hard for columbia to repeat...with the loss of bonner due to a tron ACL is going to hurt big time and a few key players arent coming back for some reason....kind of silly if u ask me but they do have talented players and should be a force this year and now being in region 3 is going to be much harder to get to state, but they do have to great pitcher and a slew of offensive players

Phil C
02-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Sftball4Life
02-08-2007, 03:46 PM
sorry - I repeated the same info

I need a nap.......

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 03:53 PM
How many of your girls are still playing basketball???

Sftball4Life
02-08-2007, 04:01 PM
wow - I'm really behind..... my bad

4 - I believe. 2 returners and 2 seniors that didn't play last year.

buffalo2006
02-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Giddings should make a push for the title

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Sftball4Life
wow - I'm really behind..... my bad

4 - I believe. 2 returners and 2 seniors that didn't play last year.

When is the basketball state tourney? Aren't the LE girls making a strong push?

Sftball4Life
02-08-2007, 04:07 PM
State Tournament is March 1-3

We have a strong team - with a big group of seniors this year who led us to the Regional Final the past two years and couldn't make it to Austin.

We have really high hopes that the 3rd time will be the charm - but we have a lot of strong teams to beat to get there.

1st playoff game will be at the end of next week. We'll have the winner of Crandall v. Brownsboro (who both produce strong teams year after year). Then possibly Athens. Then possibly Kennedale at the Regional semi-final and they are VERY strong this year as well.

We'll just have to see what happens.....

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Sftball4Life
State Tournament is March 1-3

We have a strong team - with a big group of seniors this year who led us to the Regional Final the past two years and couldn't make it to Austin.

We have really high hopes that the 3rd time will be the charm - but we have a lot of strong teams to beat to get there.

1st playoff game will be at the end of next week. We'll have the winner of Crandall v. Brownsboro (who both produce strong teams year after year). Then possibly Athens. Then possibly Kennedale at the Regional semi-final and they are VERY strong this year as well.

We'll just have to see what happens.....

Cool. Keep us posted. I bet txkmom is busy, busy....:)

Sftball4Life
02-08-2007, 04:40 PM
she's always, always busy........ she has 3 to run back and forth with

I do good to keep up with my 1........ LOL

carter08
02-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Columbia had one key player move to another school. Bonner's injury, as awizzy said, will hurt. But, again, Columbia still has great pitching and a lot of solid position players

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
Giddings should make a push for the title
With Bellville and La Grange in the same district, you will be happy comming in 3rd, Bellville will be very strong in Pitching this year again.

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
With Bellville and La Grange in the same district, you will be happy comming in 3rd, Bellville will be very strong in Pitching this year again.

:eek: :eek: wow --- LMAO! I thought his was a bold statement. :D

Pmoney
02-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Snyder scrimmages Monahans today...hopefully it goes well for snyder

buffalo2006
02-08-2007, 06:36 PM
All i've heard about is Bellvilles pitching for this year i know last year they had the whole package. But Giddings has hitters and Alix Boes will probably pitch the whole year. I don't know what LG has i know they are not as good as they used to be since the Schramm's went through.

buff4life
02-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

well...

A. didn't LaGrange graduate there pitcher?

B. Didn't we beat them last year in a game and we only lost one senior?

jsut checking...the math makes it seem like more of a contest, and didn't Bellville graduate alot of talent also...

tigerpride_08
02-08-2007, 10:16 PM
i expect our lady tigers to give the lady roughnecks a tough race in district...:D

nette_mom
02-09-2007, 09:01 AM
LaGrange still has a very exceptionally talented senior pitcher who has great command of a rise ball!

txkmom
02-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Here I am. CRAZY busy this week, but ...
SOFTBALL IS HERE! The weather is messing with our scrimmages, but hopefully mine (who is still playing basketball right now) will be able to pitch some tomorrow. She can participate in scrimmages, but not games, until basketball is over. The LE girls are looking in really good softball shape right now, and boy, are they ready to play. Lacey is anxious to pitch and has been trying to work hard, mixing sb practice & pitching coach in with the bb. LE baseball has their 100-inning fundraiser tonight and tomorrow, and a 3-team scrimmage set in Mt Pleasant tomorrow afternoon. We also have one with a soccer game tomorrow. I am currently looking for a mom/wife assistant for myself to keep up with all this, b/c frankly, I do not do a very good job! We have fun, though, and keep the gas companies in business.

pirate4state
02-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by txkmom
I am currently looking for a mom/wife assistant for myself to keep up with all this, b/c frankly, I do not do a very good job! We have fun, though, and keep the gas companies in business. :clap: ROFL! You need to keep a journal and post "A day in the life of txkmom" :D

txkmom
02-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Nobody would believe it. I'm glad they are all "involved" (add band, theatre, Key Club, stuco, drama/trauma, oh, and teaching & coaching to it), but I am losing my grip. LOL Guess I wouldn't have it any other way. I will have to find somebody's games to go to when my bunch is gone!!

pirate4state
02-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by txkmom
Nobody would believe it. I'm glad they are all "involved" (add band, theatre, Key Club, stuco, drama/trauma, oh, and teaching & coaching to it), but I am losing my grip. LOL Guess I wouldn't have it any other way. I will have to find somebody's games to go to when my bunch is gone!!

drama/trauma - ROFL! Good Luck!!!

Reds fan
02-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by nette_mom
LaGrange still has a very exceptionally talented senior pitcher who has great command of a rise ball!

Gotta agree with nette mom on this, LG returns Lee, a great pitcher.

Last year it was not so much which players were returning as it was the youth that had big impact as freshman. Giddings should be a great example. Watts in Columbia was impressive as a frosh. Murphy in Bellville will be getting a lot of attention also as she was strong thru the playoffs last year as a frosh and I hear she's throwing well.

It should be a very interesting season, hope all these young ladies have a fun and safe year!:)

Phil C
02-09-2007, 11:00 AM
I like high school softball. If I lived in Aransas Pass or San Antonio or Austin or Portland or anywhere I would probably go to the local high school softball games. I especially like the district games because then you know when and where and what time (weather permitting of course) the games are played. When there are tournments you don't know usually the times the games are played. I like a set schedule because then you can plan your time around it and make the games.

Reds fan
02-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Speaking of districts the new alignments make for some interesting competition.
District 24 top to bottom may be the strongest and certainly helps prepare for a strong playoff run.
District 23 is close behind.
Districts 21 and 22 are also strong, at least at the top.

If strength of regional competition has bearing, and it usually does, state champ very likely will come from Reg 3 this year.

pirate4state
02-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Speaking of districts the new alignments make for some interesting competition.
District 24 top to bottom may be the strongest and certainly helps prepare for a strong playoff run.
District 23 is close behind.
Districts 21 and 22 are also strong, at least at the top.

If strength of regional competition has bearing, and it usually does, state champ very likely will come from Reg 3 this year.

I agree that top to bottom district 24 is the strongest. I don't know about 22 though? I mean, we all know the name "Splendora" but what do they have returning? Aren't they usually the top dogs in that district??

Has anyone heard anything about Medina Valley?? Dropping down from 4A in Region 4?? Cuero has a nice young team. Any others?

Reds fan
02-09-2007, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pirate4state
[B]I agree that top to bottom district 24 is the strongest. I don't know about 22 though? I mean, we all know the name "Splendora" but what do they have returning? Aren't they usually the top dogs in that district??

Good points! I am not sure if Splendora returns their pitcher from last year but if they do, they'll be strong again. Also, Tarkington should have a pretty good returning squad with some young talent.

hookandladder
02-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Gotta agree with nette mom on this, LG returns Lee, a great pitcher.

Last year it was not so much which players were returning as it was the youth that had big impact as freshman. Giddings should be a great example. Watts in Columbia was impressive as a frosh. Murphy in Bellville will be getting a lot of attention also as she was strong thru the playoffs last year as a frosh and I hear she's throwing well.

It should be a very interesting season, hope all these young ladies have a fun and safe year!:)

Lee is returning for her senior year, she has already sign to play for Galveston College. However 2 of her senior teammates have decided not to play this year, with this said LG will have some freshmen who will have to step up and play. I think they will struggle to make the playoffs. However with Kimmey Lee pitching I think they should get the 3rd spot.

pirate4state
02-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Lee is returning for her senior year, she has already sign to play for Galveston College. However 2 of her senior teammates have decided not to play this year, with this said LG will have some freshmen who will have to step up and play. I think they will struggle to make the playoffs. However with Kimmey Lee pitching I think they should get the 3rd spot.

What is up with some of these girls deciding not to play their senior year??? :thinking: :confused: :thinking:

Reds fan
02-09-2007, 02:24 PM

That's great news, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to get signed to play college ball :) !

hookandladder
02-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
What is up with some of these girls deciding not to play their senior year??? :thinking: :confused: :thinking:

When some girls become older, sports are not as important as other things. It's all about commitment, some got it some don't. The sad thing about it is when they really have talent and quit.

Reds fan
02-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I like high school softball. If I lived in Aransas Pass or San Antonio or Austin or Portland or anywhere I would probably go to the local high school softball games. I especially like the district games because then you know when and where and what time (weather permitting of course) the games are played. When there are tournments you don't know usually the times the games are played. I like a set schedule because then you can plan your time around it and make the games.

Here's a High school fastpitch site that lists some of the tournament schedules.

http://www.texasprepsoftball.net/tournamenthomepage.htm

Informative site in general for HS softball.

Bull19
02-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
well..

didn't Bellville graduate alot of talent also...

YES THEY DID GRADUATE ALOT OF TALENT, BUT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT COACH HUDSON GROWS HER PLAYERS LIKE A FIELD OF ST. AUGASTINE. JUST KEEPS ON COMING BACK YEAR AFTER YEAR. GREAT TALENT FOLLOWED UP BY MORE GREAT TALENT. THE ASPECT OF LOSING PLAYERS TO GRADUATION WILL NEVER BECOME A FACTOR IN BELLVILLE'S SOFTBALL PROGRAM. GOT SOMETHING REALLY GOOD GOING ON DOWN THERE RIGHT NOW.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Lee is returning for her senior year, she has already sign to play for Galveston College.

Lee moved from Bellville, how long ago, and why?
I wish she would have stayed a Brahmanette!!!