02-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Vince Young!!

Formerly of UT and now with the Titans!

Way to go Vince! :clap: :clap: :clap:

BuffyMars
02-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Yes, my baby's daddy!

:inlove:

That boy has made me a Titans fan....god forbid they ever play the Boys because I would honestly be torn. I would go wearing a Young jersey with a Cowboys hat or something to that effect.

Buccaneer
02-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Yes, my baby's daddy!

That boy has made me a Titans fan....god forbid they ever play the Boys because I would honestly be torn. I would go wearing a Young jersey with a Cowboys hat or something to that effect.
They played this season.

BuffyMars
02-08-2007, 03:21 PM
I didn't get to go to that game live....and not to mention it wasn't a great start for him....1st start of the season.

RMAC
02-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Yes, my baby's daddy!

No, you wear the Cowboys jersey with a Titans hat. I say this because the jersey is much bigger, therefore, more noticeable.

buffalo2006
02-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Ya'll must have forgot about Devin Hester, who should have got rookie of the year. He had six returns for touchdowns including a 108 yard return.

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2007, 04:39 PM
I THINK Vince is first rookie QB to make Pro Bowl

Veritas
02-08-2007, 04:45 PM
so overrated!!!! This guy gets so much credit for really having lackluster QB skills- his inaccuracy and scrambling will eventually led to his demise- what a tool

BEST,
Veritas

carter08
02-08-2007, 04:46 PM
First rookie?

No

Mathis for Houston- KR- 2005

and numerous others

maybe you meant QB

BuffyMars
02-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by carter08
First rookie?

No

Mathis for Houston- KR- 2005

and numerous others

maybe you meant QB

Umm...he said rookie QB, lol.

Gobbla2001
02-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Veritas
so overrated!!!! This guy gets so much credit for really having lackluster QB skills- his inaccuracy and scrambling will eventually led to his demise- what a tool

BEST,
Veritas

No.

Best wishes,
PRO BOWL

BuffyMars
02-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
No.

Best wishes,
PRO BOWL

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Keith7
02-08-2007, 05:44 PM
ha another reason the pro bowl is a joke.. there is no way a qb with a 66.7 rating, who threw for more INTs then TDs and only had 2100 yards passing.. I still think we'll see Vince Young as a WR before his career is over..

me personally, am going to boycott the pro bowl because there are too many people who have no business being in it are going

Gobbla2001
02-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
ha another reason the pro bowl is a joke.. there is no way a qb with a 66.7 rating, who threw for more INTs then TDs and only had 2100 yards passing.. I still think we'll see Vince Young as a WR before his career is over..

me personally, am going to boycott the pro bowl because there are too many people who have no business being in it are going

the dude was clutch as all hell and had the Titans sittin' in playoff contention at the end of the year (something no one expects)...

he wasn't even on the alternate's list for the pro-bowl, but after alternates declined to attend for personal reasons they kept going down the line... VY was the next one...

Keith7
02-08-2007, 05:59 PM

he wasn't even on the alternate's list for the pro-bowl, but after alternates declined to attend for personal reasons...

see even the players know the pro bowl has become a joke

Gobbla2001
02-08-2007, 06:04 PM
I don't buy into his UT hype or his UT-Hater Hype...

I'll take the Sports Reporters and anyone else's words over the two... and they say you're wrong and a prisoner of the thought of what most people think a QB should be...

He's not great, but he is damn good and will continue to get better...

My only fear is that he is going to get seriously injured...

Buccaneer
02-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Did Shawn Merriman make the Pro Bowl?

Keith7
02-08-2007, 06:09 PM
I don't buy into his UT hype or his UT-Hater Hype...

I neither love or hate UT, i'm just trying to call it like i see it.. He might have been the best QB in college but I think if he stays at the QB position in the NFL he will be in a worst state then Mike Vick is in right now when Young is in the same stage of his career.. Young's speed makes him fun to watch, but his arm and decision making just isn't equipped for the NFL, probowl or not

Keith7
02-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Did Shawn Merriman make the Pro Bowl?

ya he led the league in sacks, and the steriod/pro bowl suspension rule doesn't start until next year

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2007, 06:11 PM
This kid is ALREADY better than Michael Vick.

Keith7
02-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
This kid is ALREADY better than Michael Vick.

some of their numbers are comparable, but overall Vick is better, his td to int ratio blows Young's out of the water, his qb rating was better, he had less fumbles, and a better rushing average.. Vick is better then young now and always will be

Gobbla2001
02-08-2007, 06:16 PM
some of their numbers are comparable, but overall Vick is better, his td to int ratio blows Young's out of the water, his qb rating was better, he had less fumbles, and a better rushing average.. Vick is better then young now and always will be

yah, and his numbers should be better seeing how he's been a starter in the NFL for seven or however many years...

Keith7
02-08-2007, 06:18 PM
yah, and his numbers should be better seeing how he's been a starter in the NFL for seven or however many years...

Vick has been in the league for 6 years w/ 3 different coaches.. give him alittle stability and a system that fits his style and who knows how he would be looked upon now..

Gobbla2001
02-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Vick has been in the league for 6 years w/ 3 different coaches.. give him alittle stability and a system that fits his style and who knows how he would be looked upon now..

six... that's what it is...

no other response...

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-08-2007, 06:34 PM

BEST,
Veritas

He's back.

rundoe
02-08-2007, 06:40 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST,
Veritas
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I THINK Vince is first rookie QB to make Pro Bowl

Will wind up in the Hall of Fame. He's a great quarterback!!!!

necks_c/09
02-09-2007, 10:07 AM
some of their numbers are comparable, but overall Vick is better, his td to int ratio blows Young's out of the water, his qb rating was better, he had less fumbles, and a better rushing average.. Vick is better then young now and always will be vick may have had better stats but young is clutch w/ a hell of a lot less talent around him than vick and they still had a better record than the falcons.....in th AFC

kind of comparable to brady and manning b4 mannings superbowl win....

manning always had better statistics but brady was clutch and manning WAS not........now he has won it though

themsu97
02-09-2007, 10:16 AM
I know you just did not compare Young to Brady and Manning... that is truly dillusional...Young is nowhere near those two... the Vick comparison is about as close as it gets... maybe even Randall Cunningham... run first qb's will not make it in this league and unless VY learns to read the d and make the proper throw, he will not make it... if he does, then he can be good...
remember that Vick was the next great thing a few years ago when he led the Falcons to the NFC championship... then defenses adjusted and what has he done since...NOTTA...
but, to say that the pro bowl was a great accomplishment when he is like 7th on the list, that is ridiculous... NOBODY wants to go there anymore... the pro's now make excuses not to go...

necks_c/09
02-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
I know you just did not compare Young to Brady and Manning... that is truly dillusional...Young is nowhere near those two... the Vick comparison is about as close as it gets... maybe even Randall Cunningham... run first qb's will not make it in this league and unless VY learns to read the d and make the proper throw, he will not make it... if he does, then he can be good...
remember that Vick was the next great thing a few years ago when he led the Falcons to the NFC championship... then defenses adjusted and what has he done since...NOTTA...
but, to say that the pro bowl was a great accomplishment when he is like 7th on the list, that is ridiculous... NOBODY wants to go there anymore... the pro's now make excuses not to go... no i compared the relationship between young-vick to that of manning-brady

i stated that manning and vick had better stats but that brady and young got it done in crunch time........

manning and brady are in a league of their own....everyone knows that....i was comparing the relationships between good stats and being able to get it done when they need you the most

themsu97
02-09-2007, 10:34 AM
so, then that is better... but Vick is the only one of these two to be in the playoffs and win a playoff game...so right now Vick would be the Brady... and remember that the Falcons were not a good franchise when they picked Vick... so he turned the franchise around... do not be in Young denial...

Gobbla2001
02-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
no i compared the relationship between young-vick to that of manning-brady

i stated that manning and vick had better stats but that brady and young got it done in crunch time........

manning and brady are in a league of their own....everyone knows that....i was comparing the relationships between good stats and being able to get it done when they need you the most

you can't even compare the QB's to begin with...

two can't run as well as the other two
two can't pass as well as the other two

Young has a lot to work on, but if he can figure out the defensive schemes in the NFL etc... he'll be damn near great... this past year was a "learn as you go" year...

Phil C
02-09-2007, 10:38 AM
You can't compare VY to anyone. But you can vice versa. VY is the best ever.

themsu97
02-09-2007, 11:58 AM
I hope not Phil C... then the NFL would have some pretty average qb's...

Keith7
02-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
VY is the best ever.

maybe in college, but even in the games he won in the NFL this season, he looked lost 90% of the time.. sure he people can call him clutch and he has made big plays in big games to earn that, but the speed and the gameplans of the NFL are going to catch up.. his numbers faded in his last few games because teams started figure out how to contain him and this will continue to happen just like it has for Vick.. Like I said I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a WR before its all said and done