PDA

View Full Version : Daughtry Album

Blastoderm55
02-08-2007, 03:00 PM
I just finished downloading Chris Daughtry's debut album. Its not bad at all. Given that rock music just sucks nowadays, this album actually comes off as pretty solid. Definitely Fuel and Nickelback influenced, but with enough touches to give it a personality of its own. The dude can definitely sing though. Heard the record has outsold Taylor Hicks' debut nearly 3 to 1. :eek:

Ranger Mom
02-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I just finished downloading Chris Daughtry's debut album. Its not bad at all. Given that rock music just sucks nowadays, this album actually comes off as pretty solid. Definitely Fuel and Nickelback influenced, but with enough touches to give it a personality of its own. The dude can definitely sing though. Heard the record has outsold Taylor Hicks' debut nearly 3 to 1. :eek:

He is going to be in Odessa week after next, me and my sister in law were planning on going.....it's already sold out!!:( :( :(

BuffyMars
02-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Ehhhh....

I heard him on Sirius....but it wasn't enough to keep me interested. But then again I am not a huge Nickelback fan.

Blastoderm55
02-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Its better than Nickelback. I'd see this guy live in concert. Hell, I saw the suckfest that was Nickelback. :p

Funk-d-fied
02-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Ranger mom, i got tix to the concert at Dos, got connections!

Ranger Mom
02-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
Ranger mom, i got tix to the concert at Dos, got connections!

FOR REAL????

Have I told you that I love you lately???

:D :inlove: :kiss: :inlove: :D

;) ;)

CHS_CG
02-08-2007, 03:38 PM
i would die if i got to see him in concert... i loved him from the get go in last seasons American Idol.. they play his song "its not over" all the time here on candy 95 and I LOVE IT!

Funk-d-fied
02-08-2007, 03:43 PM
na, i haven't heard it in a while.....LOL

Ranger Mom
02-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
na, i haven't heard it in a while.....LOL

Sorry....I will try and do better!:p

eagles_victory
02-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
i would die if i got to see him in concert ok everyone lets all pitch in to get CHS_CG a ticket to see Daughtry

carter08
02-08-2007, 04:28 PM
His concert at the Meridian sold out within a minute of the start of ticket sales

stangGirl2007
02-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
He is going to be in Odessa week after next, me and my sister in law were planning on going.....it's already sold out!!:( :( :(

:eek: :eek: WOW! He's smokin HOT I would love to see him in concert!:inlove: :D

Maroon87
02-08-2007, 04:55 PM
I listened to the album last week. I like it personally.

Bull19
02-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

CAN DEFINENTLY HEAR THE NICKLEBACK IN IT, BUT IT STILL A VERFY GOOD ROCK CD. THE AUCOUSTIC STUFF IS PRETTY KOOL AS WELL.

Panther One
02-08-2007, 07:03 PM
It's actually a pretty good album. Chris is a very talented singer and songwriter, as he wrote or co-wrote every song on the album. His band has a very similar sound to Shinedown. In my opinion, he's the best thing to come from American Idol, but I'm a little bias as I prefer rock/alternative.

And there are plenty of badass rock bands out there today, for whoever said the rock scene sucks nowadays.