PDA

View Full Version : Women attracted to smell of male sweat? (nf)

kaorder1999
02-08-2007, 12:17 PM
By Will Dunham
2 hours, 33 minutes ago

WASHINGTON, Feb 7 (Reuters Life!) - For women, apparently there's nothing like the smell of a man's sweat.

Researchers at the University of California at Berkeley said women who sniffed a chemical found in male sweat experienced elevated levels of an important hormone, along with higher sexual arousal, faster heart rate and other effects.

They said the study, published this week in the Journal of Neuroscience, represents the first direct evidence that people secrete a scent that influences the hormones of the opposite sex.

The study focused on androstadienone, considered a male chemical signal. Previous research had established that a whiff of it affected women's mood, sexual and physiological arousal and brain activation. Its impact on hormones was less clear.

A derivative of testosterone, it is found in male sweat as well as in saliva and semen. It smells somewhat musky.

"It really tells us that a lot of things can be triggered by smelling sweat," Claire Wyart, who led the study, said in an interview on Wednesday.

The researchers measured levels of the hormone cortisol in the saliva of 48 female undergraduates at Berkeley, average age of about 21, after the women took 20 sniffs from a jar of androstadienone. Cortisol is secreted by the body to help maintain proper arousal and sense of well-being, respond to stress and other functions.

Cortisol levels in the women who smelled androstadienone shot up within roughly 15 minutes and stayed elevated for up to an hour. Consistent with previous research, the women also reported improved mood, higher sexual arousal, and had increased blood pressure, heart rate and breathing.

jason
02-08-2007, 12:18 PM
im never showering again

DU_stud04
02-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by jason
im never showering again hahaha

i wonder who's sweat they are using..... after my morning workouts i usually get quite the opposite effect. :doh:

kaorder1999
02-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
hahaha

i wonder who's sweat they are using..... after my morning workouts i usually get quite the opposite effect. :doh:

haha....great question!

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2007, 12:23 PM
My wife is the exception to the rule then because she is not a sweat fan

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 12:24 PM
It has to be a "clean" sweat. I'm just saying. :D

kaorder1999
02-08-2007, 12:24 PM
what the hell is a clean sweat?

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
what the hell is a clean sweat?

not funky. there IS a difference. Some guys can come in smelling just "WOW" after working outside and others are just BO pew.

kaorder1999
02-08-2007, 12:26 PM
haha...good explanation!

44INAROW
02-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It has to be a "clean" sweat. I'm just saying. :D

LOL I hear you............. and strangely enough, I know exactly what you mean :D

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
LOL I hear you............. and strangely enough, I know exactly what you mean :D

WHEW.....I'm glad someone else gets it. ;)

Bullaholic
02-08-2007, 12:45 PM
not funky. there IS a difference. Some guys can come in smelling just "WOW" after working outside and others are just BO pew.

Quit smelling with your eyes, P4S. :D

BuffyMars
02-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Ummmmmmmmm........................................ ..No.

This does not apply to every woman.

Unless his sweat smells like roses...then.............................no.

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Quit smelling with your eyes, P4S. :D

:eek: :evillol:

I am just gonna keep my mouth shut. :devil:

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Ummmmmmmmm........................................ ..No.

This does not apply to every woman.

Unless his sweat smells like roses...then.............................no.

How funny that you mention roses. I don't like how they smell. ROFL!

DU_stud04
02-08-2007, 12:51 PM
How funny that you mention roses. I don't like how they smell. ROFL! rita likes the sweet sour smell of mens bo....

mustang04
02-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Men...as long as you wear good deodorant, you're fine....cuz the bad smelling sweat is what comes from underneath your armpits...cover up that smell with some smell good, then get your whole body covered w/ the non-stinky sweat, you'll have chicks all up on you...if you dont take my word for it, take the Reggie Challenge and i promise if the results are not clear within a week you get all your money back

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
rita likes the sweet sour smell of mens bo....

*sigh* NOT B.O.!!!! Ewwwwwww - there IS a difference.

Leave me alone!

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
Men...as long as you wear good deodorant, you're fine....cuz the bad smelling sweat is what comes from underneath your armpits...cover up that smell with some smell good, then get your whole body covered w/ the non-stinky sweat, you'll have chicks all up on you...if you dont take my word for it, take the Reggie Challenge and i promise if the results are not clear within a week you get all your money back

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

hahahahahahaha

coach
02-08-2007, 01:11 PM
the deodorant companies just took a major blow right guard stock went down 63%

BuffyMars
02-08-2007, 01:15 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......now the smell of a man's cologne...oh muh goodness.......purrrrrrrrrrs.......

I get weak in the knees. I am a sucker for good cologne.

That includes shower gels, deodorants--the whole shebang!

I even like to use them sometime...:blush:

CHS_CG
02-08-2007, 01:52 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......now the smell of a man's cologne...oh muh goodness.......purrrrrrrrrrs.......

I SOO KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!! there is this cologne called PBR... it is soo yummy!

STANG RED
02-08-2007, 02:07 PM
This reminds me of the scene in the movie "Porkeys", where the girls gym teacher gets all hot and excited when she walks into the boys locker room, and she practicaly rapes the male coach that is in there, and screams so load that everyone in the gym can hear them. Hilarious scene!!!

Ranger Mom
02-08-2007, 02:12 PM
The jury is still out on this one for me.

I know that our boys locker STINKS to high heaven.....maybe it's just the mixture of ALL the boys sweat!!

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 02:15 PM

"shebang" :D :evillol: :evillol:

but yeah, some men's cologne is wow....*swoon*

STANG RED
02-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The jury is still out on this one for me.

I know that our boys locker STINKS to high heaven.....maybe it's just the mixture of ALL the boys sweat!!

Yea, when you mix in the smell of butt and feet, it probably looses some of the effect. :D

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Yea, when you mix in the smell of butt and feet, it probably looses some of the effect. :D ummmmmmmmm, yeah.

For the record, I am not talking about the "locker room" smell - ewwwww.

Lorey knows what I'm talking about!!!! ROFL! :D

Ranger Mom
02-08-2007, 02:21 PM
ummmmmmmmm, yeah.

For the record, I am not talking about the "locker room" smell - ewwwww.

Lorey knows what I'm talking about!!!! ROFL! :D

I know...but someone brought up the Porky's movie.....I'm sorry, but locker rooms just stink!!

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2007, 02:21 PM
I've known some guys that have sworn by this study for years, saying that's why everbody heralds the romance in France--because nobody wears deodorants there and natural smells make everybody much more appealing. However, I always found myself uncomfortable around them since they refused to wear deodorant and worked in hot places.

theyoefnshow
02-08-2007, 02:41 PM
I agree with the survey in that you can go to the gym, hit the weights and do some cardio and as long as u put on some deodorant...that's gonna be a clean sweat. unless ur all fat or hairy then u stink lol. God body hair is gross.

however, if u are sweating because u are cutting the grass in the summer...that's just rank.

regardless tho....there is NO scent chicks dig more than a bit of beer breath while out having a good time! ;)

Ranger Mom
02-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow

regardless tho....there is NO scent chicks dig more than a bit of beer breath while out having a good time! ;)

Maybe so.......stale beer breath breathing on you when you are trying to sleep is none too pleasant though!!

BLYEK!!!

99IHSMustang
02-08-2007, 03:11 PM
My girlfriend always tells me I stink pertty.

Fotbol
02-08-2007, 03:18 PM
my ole grand pappy was right shower once a week(Saturday) and you won't wash away all the essentials in the skin, and such! only two days b 4 I can shower again.:D

Matthew328
02-08-2007, 07:16 PM
I've heard some of my ex's say the same thing...that a lil sweat is OK....but like getting done playing basketball..they wants no part of me

Who-dun-it!!?
02-08-2007, 07:44 PM
My wife loves me when I sweat, cause when i do it means I'm runnin thangs!!!!!

Like the vacume, the dishwasher, the washing machine/dryer, or the lawn mower.

luvhoops34
02-08-2007, 08:24 PM
I gotta agree with the clean sweat smell!! I'm a big fan of men's cologne, too!!!:inlove:

mustang04
02-08-2007, 09:50 PM
the cologne i wear now, Polo Double Black, is the SHIIIZZZZNIT!!! i'm serious ladies. next time yall are in dillards, stop by the cologne section and ask to smell the Polo Double Black...it is GRRRRRREAT!

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
the cologne i wear now, Polo Double Black, is the SHIIIZZZZNIT!!! i'm serious ladies. next time yall are in dillards, stop by the cologne section and ask to smell the Polo Double Black...it is GRRRRRREAT!

is it anything like "Black Panther" from Anchorman???

Matthew328
02-08-2007, 10:10 PM
I have to agree, the Polo Double Black is good stuff...the ladies love it....

I also suggest Burberry Brit

Matthew328
02-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
is it anything like "Black Panther" from Anchorman???

It was called Sex Panther...LOL

Didn't Sex Panther have bits of panther in it???? LOL

JJ7997
02-09-2007, 01:52 AM
" Smells like a turd covered in burnt hair "

NDFootball
02-09-2007, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
It was called Sex Panther...LOL

Didn't Sex Panther have bits of panther in it???? LOL

"They say 60% of the time, it works every time..."

"This is worse than the time the raccoon got in the copier..."