PDA

View Full Version : UT Soccer Recruits for 2007

Phil C
02-08-2007, 11:46 AM
I know we were excited about football recruits but yesterday was also the soccer recruiting signing day. This list is unofficial for UT but it does show we are going to have a good class indeed. The seven we have are:

Kirsten Birkhold a midfielder from Arizona

Erica Campenelli a defender from Plano, TX

Kendall Campise a midfielder from Plano, TX

Brook Lee a midfielder from Mesquite, TX

Kate Nicolson a forward/midfielder from Maryland

Alisha Ortiz a forward from Texas (I don't know the city)

Rachel Stepp a forward from Texas (I don't know the city)

I have heard they are waiting until they have everyone signed and it is rumored they are waiting for one from California to decide.

What is really encouraging about the seven is that five are from Texas which indicates that soccer is becoming popular in Texas and that good available players are in Texas. Even National Power North Carolina tries to recruit at least one player from Texas every few years. Fortunately with UT and the Lady Aggies doing so well we have a good chance to keep most of this talent in state. Good news indeed.

Phil C
02-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Below is a photo of UT recruit Brooke Lee.
An eighth one I just found out is Nicki Arlit a forward from Houston. Rumors are that there are some more players being recruited from Houston as well as the California player.

http://gotexassoccer.com/photos/BrookeLee/BrookeL1.JPG

Phil C
02-08-2007, 12:53 PM
I have also heard that another recruit from Houston is Liz Couch but I don't know her position. I will be glad when it is official.

Phil C
02-08-2007, 05:34 PM
This is the photo of our California recruit. She is Leah Payne and is a defender/midfielder. Hopefully we will get her and all of other recruits signed so it can be official.

http://gotexassoccer.com/photos/LeahPayne/payne.jpg

Phil C
02-09-2007, 11:02 AM
I just found out that Leah Payne is a 2008 recruit. I don't know who the current California recruit is yet.

Phil C
02-10-2007, 11:54 AM
It is official now! The 2007 recruits are as follows:

Niki Arlitt a forward from Houston

Kirsten Birkhold a forward/midfielder from Arizona

Erica Campenelli a defender/forward from Plano

Kendall Campise a defender/midfielder from Dallas

Liz Couch a midfielder from Houston

Brooke Lee a midfielder from Mesquitte

Kate Nicolson a forward/midfielder from Maryland

Allisha Ortiz a forward from Highland Village

Rachel Stepp a forward/midfielder from Fort Worth

There might be one or two more but I am not sure. I heard there was one more from California but I think that it is Leah Payne and she has one more year of high school left.

This class is an awesome class and with the players UT has coming back we should be having another good year indeed.

Welcome to Austin Ladies!

Gp83
02-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Good job PC:clap:

Phil C
03-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Gp83
Good job PC:clap:

Thank you Gp. Sorry to take so long to respond. How is GP soccer doing this spring?

Phil C
03-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Here are some photos of recruit Rachel Stepp from another website from a big UT Soccer fan that I have had the priviledge to meet at the Big 12 tournament in San Antonio.

http://gotexassoccer.com/roster/rachel_stepp.htm

Phil C
03-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Besides losing seniors from last years team we also lost three players Tracey Whitney, Avery Allen and Yobel Gaski. They didn't get playing time but I hated to lose Allen because now we don't have a backup goalie. Hopefully they will sign one or get a junior college transfer to help there.

Phil C
03-23-2007, 09:49 AM
The following web site is a great source of information on UT Soccer. Put together by a great fan - even more than me. :eek: ;)

www.gotexassoccer.com