What are the sources?

District303aPastPlayer
02-08-2007, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
What are the sources?

ESPN sources...

TexanAlum_06
02-08-2007, 02:01 AM
Wow this was way from left field. Didnt even hear his name mentioned for this job... either that or I just dont pay attention worth a damm. lol.

District303aPastPlayer
02-08-2007, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Wow this was way from left field. Didnt even hear his name mentioned for this job... either that or I just dont pay attention worth a damm. lol.

he was mentioned as a small time candidate

TexanAlum_06
02-08-2007, 02:12 AM
I see. I was expecting it to be Norv Turner. I wonder who will get the nod for DC? Would be nice to have Singletary. I dont see why he wouldnt, if he doesnt have any other HC positions open to him.

District303aPastPlayer
02-08-2007, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
I see. I was expecting it to be Norv Turner. I wonder who will get the nod for DC? Would be nice to have Singletary. I dont see why he wouldnt, if he doesnt have any other HC positions open to him.

i think it would be a good fit... the Boys need someone who can work with the defense they have now... and just insert subtle changes and not overhaul everything... they have a good nucleus... just needs some tweaking

TexanAlum_06
02-08-2007, 02:36 AM
Yeah. they need better pass rushers. If Ellis returns that will help. and need to revamp the secondary, either work intensely with Roy Williams until he learns how to cover someone and not get beat 87% of the time deep or have him bulk up and move him to OLB. I think they could find someone better then Pat Watkins too. Im wondering who they will likely take with their 1st round pick. CB? FS? T? I would imagine they will pick up a WR with their 2nd or 3rd round pick. with Terry Glenn likely to retire after this season. They need to pick up a QB at some point as well, they need a solid backup behind Romo, or someone to possiby take over if Romo flops next year, which is a possibility, considering he didnt play so hot for the last 5 or 6 games of the season. he did some good things. but he has a lot to work on.

bobcat1
02-08-2007, 06:22 AM
I am glad it's not Norv. I think Jason Garrett can untrack our offense and Wade will whip the defense into shape. If we can get Mike or Ron as DC that would be icing on the cake. I wonder if the guy from Indy would like a Co-OC position with Jason??? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

eagles_victory
02-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by coach
damnit to hell you beat me to it i just saw it on espn noone would of believed you anyway after you cried wolf yesterday

kaorder1999
02-08-2007, 09:05 AM
wow...im pretty shocked....really thought it would be Turner!

DaHop72
02-08-2007, 09:10 AM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7479/pinochioyn0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

awizzy
02-08-2007, 09:14 AM
this makes my day i was hoping either he would get it or singletary. he runs a really simple but good 3-4

burnet44
02-08-2007, 09:28 AM
jerry will sell this hard for pub
hand shaking and back slapping
i love wade to death
good guy
but jerry still runs the show
thats what kills em
go back and look at what was said when they hired bill
same ol stuff
i hope wade can do well
but be real
till jerry gives it up
Its like grossman being your qb

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
i love wade to death
good guy
thats what kills em
same ol stuff
i hope wade can do well
but be real
till jerry gives it up

Jones did give it up for Bill..Does anyone honestly think Bill let Jerry run things while he was here?

kaorder1999
02-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Jones did give it up for Bill..Does anyone honestly think Bill let Jerry run things while he was here?

JERRY: I want to sign Terrell Owens
BILL: NO
JERRY: I am signing Terrell OWens
BILL: SON OF A.......................

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
JERRY: I want to sign Terrell Owens
BILL: NO
JERRY: I am signing Terrell OWens
BILL: SON OF A.......................

I disagree..Yes Bill did his little press conference act where he did not mention TO..but it was said by pretty much ANYONE who knows Bill personally that if he did not want TO he would have put his foot down, or walked away from the job that moment.

But Bill loves to play games with the media and he detached himself from the issue in case TO did flame out, that way Bill lookes like he did not want him.

kaorder1999
02-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Jerry wants to run the show. If not he would give up his GM title.

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Jerry wants to run the show. If not he would give up his GM title.

I am not saying he does not want to run the show..I am saying when Parcells was here he did give up the control.

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 10:01 AM
:confused: What happened to the big push for Norv?? :thinking:

kepdawg
02-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

The media got behind the wrong guy!

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Well CRAP!!

How does everyone else feel about this guy? I read up on him a little. 56.25 winning percentage overall as a HC.

kepdawg
02-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Well CRAP!!

How does everyone else feel about this guy? I read up on him a little. 56.25 winning percentage overall as a HC.

Most arguments that will be used against him would hold even more weight against Norv.

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Most arguments that will be used against him would hold even more weight against Norv. True. I guess the only reason I liked Norv was b/c as an OC with the Cowboys he was successful.

Having to wait 7 months to find out how this new guy is gonna do sure does suck.

coach
02-08-2007, 10:12 AM
the real question is will he beable to contain TO and teach romo how to catch????

kepdawg
02-08-2007, 10:20 AM
the real question is will he beable to contain TO and teach romo how to catch????

He's got half of that taken care of. Romo won't be holding.

kaorder1999
02-08-2007, 10:24 AM
So is Bledsoe going to be holding??

coach
02-08-2007, 10:27 AM
thats why u have a reciever holding...he can catch and is athletic enough to run a fake or if he does mishandle it he is athletic enough to make a play...i hate when punters hold......thats soo stupid

gobbler grad
02-08-2007, 12:44 PM
this will be an interesting year...:thinking:
he will probably be alright...hope he can get along with Jones...:thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
02-08-2007, 01:20 PM

Last night espn began reporting that Wade Phillips would be next head coach and not Norv Turner. I would think Wade be a better fit for the Cowboys than Norv, he has taken teams to playoffs before.

Mace Griffin
02-08-2007, 01:21 PM
thats why u have a reciever holding...he can catch and is athletic enough to run a fake or if he does mishandle it he is athletic enough to make a play...i hate when punters hold......thats soo stupid you want to get someone back there who is used to catching snaps thats why punters usually hold. Noone really runs fakes in the NFL on field goals anyways so i dont mind a punter holding

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Here is what I thinked happen

Norv would have been hired IF Rivera would be willing to come to Dallas as the DC...BUT when Rivera pretty much said it is HC or nothing, then Jones felt with Garrett in place as OC and can run the same offense Norv did, that it was imperative to get a defensive guru as the HC

Macarthur
02-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Actually, on the ticket, they are saying that some sources at valley ranch has said Wade was really the leading candidate the whole time. I think the media just thought it would be Norv due to his history.

This hire is not flashy, but it's a sound football decision. Phillips is a great defensive coach and runs an attacking 3-4. Ware is going to become a beast. The pressure shifts to Garrett, not Phillips. The defense will get fixed; it's up to Garrett to make the offense work.

wos fan1
02-08-2007, 01:34 PM
I heard that as well!! Good hire because he knows Defense!! Orange Texas native as well! :D

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2007, 02:18 PM
So is Bledsoe going to be holding??

Bledsoe is a gonner! The team has already said that they'll be looking for a backup QB this offseason!

I'm kind of surprised by the Phillips move, but I started getting suspicious about three days ago when reports started coming out of San Deigo and Dallas saying that Jones had told everybody "not to forget about Phillips" and that he was still in the running...the fact that he wasn't talking about anybody else made me think this was the way he was leaning.

All I can say about the move is congratulations to DeMarcus Ware! You're now working with the guy who created the scheme that made Shawn Merriman into a big-time player.

Gp83
02-08-2007, 03:00 PM
I think they got the best man availible. Good hire...I would like to see Singletary as DC now

NDFootball
02-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
I think they got the best man availible. Good hire...I would like to see Singletary as DC now

This whole new coach thing makes me very uneasy. I guess we'll have to wait and see though.

espn1
02-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Just saw on the News that his sister took off from work to day at Dripping Springs High so she could go to Dallas and be with him for the announcement.

g$$
02-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
i love wade to death
good guy
thats what kills em
same ol stuff
i hope wade can do well
but be real
till jerry gives it up

:clap: :clap:

g$$
02-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Bledsoe is a gonner! The team has already said that they'll be looking for a backup QB this offseason!

I'm kind of surprised by the Phillips move, but I started getting suspicious about three days ago when reports started coming out of San Deigo and Dallas saying that Jones had told everybody "not to forget about Phillips" and that he was still in the running...the fact that he wasn't talking about anybody else made me think this was the way he was leaning.

All I can say about the move is congratulations to DeMarcus Ware! You're now working with the guy who created the scheme that made Shawn Merriman into a big-time player.

Uh, Wade is a good coach but he did NOT invent the 3-4 defense buddy! Dom Capers brought it back in vogue years ago in New Orleans & Pittsburgh, Parcells & Belichick in NY, etc. Merriman being a stud has more to do with its success than scheme.

It's all about the Jimmy's & the Joe's more than the X's & the O's! Talent makes a scheme work in the end.

Maroon87
02-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm gonna give Wade a chance. He's inheriting a team that is verrrrry close to being Super Bowl caliber. His expertise with the 3-4 defense is probably why he has the job. Now...can Garrett keep Romo focused? We'll see...:thinking: